if GR goal is to be end game it needs more of a buff.

Prev1
padme team jsut cant hang im sorry but your testers and video makers are jsut wrong, put them againt any team with Sion in it and they will get demolished in 2.5 seconds. if they had a protection that works the same way shan did and coudlnt be dispelled at all it would be diferent but they dont.

it just doesnt perform well.
No. Just No.

Replies

• End game teams probably need all zetas and maximum gear. There are GR teams that can go through DR teams without Malak and JKR times out against them.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    does great vs shan teams tho but not much uses that anymore in arena. good TB and TW Team but terrible in arena. i know im not maxed but i shoudl be seeing SOME results by now.ysklrr9ovxrv.jpg

At 6* g8? Why would you ever expect that to be useful in arena?
  • I've had the best luck with beating DR and malak with a GR squad
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I've had the best luck with beating DR and malak with a GR squad

Legit question - are you being sarcastic? If not, what's your team comp and attack order?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Looks good to me. Against a 337 speed DR.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    does great vs shan teams tho but not much uses that anymore in arena. good TB and TW Team but terrible in arena. i know im not maxed but i shoudl be seeing SOME results by now.ysklrr9ovxrv.jpg

every other meta before it was able to be sued at that level and shes the only one at that level.

Shan, treya, Revan, all were usable aginst the current top when they came out even at lower gear

they should be able to beat someone.

shan was useful at 4-5* in arena at this same level.

Do i expect to beat DR at #1 spot? no. so i expect to beat #160 reven? yes. everyone else should make that team useable.

Some characters are useful at lower stars, yes. But none of those characters are or were useful in top end arena at g8. Is that #160 Revan g11+? If so then there’s no reason you should be beating it with a g8 character. This is just a ridiculous expectation.
  • Liath wrote: »

every other meta before it was able to be sued at that level and shes the only one at that level.

Shan, treya, Revan, all were usable aginst the current top when they came out even at lower gear

they should be able to beat someone.

shan was useful at 4-5* in arena at this same level.

Do i expect to beat DR at #1 spot? no. so i expect to beat #160 reven? yes. everyone else should make that team useable.

This is just flat out not true. It's true that Bastila's leadership was a game changer, but that was also because the predominant meta at the time was zEP and her leadership offered a hard counter. Poorly geared Bastila teams were still at a disadvantage.

Traya was beatable at 5 and 6 stars. Only when she started to get her 7th star and G12 pieces that she became more difficult (and even then could be beaten by good zEP builds).

JKR was/is admittedly the most OP character in the game relative to a) how easy he is to get and b) the power level in the game at the time.

G8 DRs didn't start walking over JKR teams on day one. My first match with DR against JKR was a loss (and that was with a DR that was only missing one G12 plus piece at the time).

The landscape of the game has also changed a bit since the introduction of some of those characters. Specifically, other powerful Legendary characters have come along to supplement already strong teams. Chewbacca and C3PO can beat reasonably modded JKR teams, destroy a G8 one and send Traya crying back to Malachor in under a minute.

One final note - this is a legendary, not a Journey character. We haven't seen a legendary character completely change the arena landscape since Thrawn (triple cleanse) and R2 (bringing a thankful end to the zMaul era).

I would have been very surprised if a legendary was to overthrow a Journey (DR) and Gear Wall (Malak) tandem so quickly after their introduction.
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    And due to lacking defense you decided to go with gmy as a third attacker? @GlitterOutlaw

Assuming you used padme gk ani snips gmy, if I read your posts correctly
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Your Padmé is gear 8, so you should expect her to die in one hit. You don't have the Ahsoka Zeta which is absolutely vital. I would expect your team to fall apart just from missing that. You have to totally remod her without the Zeta, and even with god mods you miss hundreds of thousands of free offense, plus dispels/cleanses without it. You don't have Anakin at g12. He needs max gear/all g12 pieces/6 dot mods. You're missing a MASSIVE amount of damage from not having that. I'd be shocked if you could even scratch a meta team without that.

The game has changed. It's a relatively tiny number of characters that aren't garbage until g11/12. Some are junk until they are nearly maxed. And DR/Malak is the meta. This GR team is clearly meant to be an inferior counter-meta team. So I would expect that they need to be max everything with great mods to win against the meta, and will still lose a fair percentage of the time. And they are ripe for another 5th team member to improve their play when more GR characters get added/reworked.
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    ok show me that team at a less them 7* g12 padme. your missing the point completely. show me palp, NS, treya, Luke.

Are you advocating for meta teams with no counters? Who wants that?
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Legit question - are you being sarcastic? If not, what's your team comp and attack order?

My padme had to be G12 before I started getting any results.
    Padme G12
    Anakin G12
    Ashoka G11
    Gk G12
    Yoda G12
    All zetad

Always Badstilla first
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I've actually had pretty good luck against DR/Malak with GR too.
    Padme/JKA/GK/AT/R2-D2. All zetas, Padme G9, the others G12. Make R2 go first and smokescreen on GK. Then let BSF and DR go, then have Padme use her dispel special. Should work pretty well from there, you'll have lots of prot up to turn into courage.
  • Jamerson
    74 posts Member
    You have to just get anakin, ashoka, GMY, or Padme to go first. They are dependant on speed to get the protection up buff going to avoid all the debuffs. Then they start hitting hard
  • The goal is to have diverse teams in the top. They are achieving this.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    are they tho? my server is still DR and JKR only lol i dont see anyone using padme

Because Jedi Revan can be modified to win kind of, and tons of people already had that team totally maxed (or just got it right before DRevan).

Meanwhile Padmé requires more of the greed gear. My Padmé is weeks away from max due to the painfully slow gear grind. Not to mention that lots of people just unlocked Jedi Revan for the first time, and a different group of people just unlocked DRevan and Malak. They need tons of Zetas. Also many potentially had to plop another on GG to even unlock Padmé. The additional 5 Zetas needed for her team plus those cursed greed wall gear pieces are slowing progress.

I hoarded a ton, and I've been grinding her gear from before she was even released, and I'm weeks away from having her usable. See if she's still nowhere to be found next month.
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    I feel she is similar to grevious and has some niches.
    For example she is a hard counter to CLS.
    I was surprised to beat a well modded CLS team in GA( CLS,han, chewie,r2, C3PO)all zetas except one one missing from chewie and C3PO.

I won with below:
    G9 7* Padme(L)
    G12 7* GK
    G11 5* C3PO
    G11 7* zBarris
    G11 7* Ahsoka

I had 1 zeta and everyone survived. So as a side project I'm pretty happy and this way I can put Nightsisters on Defense.

zBarris is great for the in between turns. Plus you don't need to have huge damage dealers due to courage mechanic.

Op I suggest gearing up Barris and C3P0. They will make a huge difference.

I haven't tried Padme team against Revan metas just because all my characters are at g11 plus I don't have Ani.

******** On a side note has anyone tried farming that stupid gear? Results??
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    ok show me that team at a less them 7* g12 padme. your missing the point completely. show me palp, NS, treya, Luke.

On what planet do you think any team works in high-end arena at less than 7* and g12? (Yes, I know, 5* Malak is viable. He was specifically designed that way because he's meant to drain our GEC and is an obvious exception.)
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

On what planet do you think any team works in high-end arena at less than 7* and g12?

Scarif?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    On further play testing yeah this team isn't good. Game changers skew reality with perfect mods and that's the only way to reliably beat Jedi revan and carth revan.

Mod for health too slow, mod for speed die too easily. Try mod for both you need perfect mods
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    H_B0MBZ wrote: »
    I feel she is similar to grevious and has some niches.
    For example she is a hard counter to CLS.
    I was surprised to beat a well modded CLS team in GA( CLS,han, chewie,r2, C3PO)all zetas except one one missing from chewie and C3PO.

I won with below:
    G9 7* Padme(L)
    G12 7* GK
    G11 5* C3PO
    G11 7* zBarris
    G11 7* Ahsoka

I had 1 zeta and everyone survived. So as a side project I'm pretty happy and this way I can put Nightsisters on Defense.

zBarris is great for the in between turns. Plus you don't need to have huge damage dealers due to courage mechanic.

Op I suggest gearing up Barris and C3P0. They will make a huge difference.

I haven't tried Padme team against Revan metas just because all my characters are at g11 plus I don't have Ani.

******** On a side note has anyone tried farming that stupid gear? Results??

the gear is acutlly hell good drop rate, computer is better then chock but still league better then stungun is.

??? I'm unsure if that was a sentence or not. To be clear, you do know that they drop at the same rate right?