Content Update 5/15/2019 [MEGA]

Prev1
Sunnie1978
2937 posts Moderator
DEV POST
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
o962iphk1c0w.png

Hi Holotable Heroes!
Here is all the new content you’ll find after today’s update, 5/15/2019.

CHARACTERS AND SHIPS
For more info on these units, check out the kit reveals and strategy guides below:

CHANGES
  • Reduced the cooldown for Challenges from 2 minutes to 5 seconds for level 85 players
  • Updated T3-M4's Carbonite Projector to dispel all buffs instead of only defensive buffs in order to avoid confusion around its interaction with Foresight. The ability can be evaded like all other attacks that do not specify "can't be evaded" and will dispel all buffs if it is not evaded.

SHARD SHUFFLE
These characters or ships are now available in the following locations:

The Ebon Hawk
  • Ebon Hawk - Cantina Battles 8-E - Ebon Hawk will replace Gar Saxon, the character currently on Cantina Battles 8-E. Gar Saxon has been added to Cantina Battles 2-E.

PACKS AND BUNDLES

SEPARATIST LEADER BUNDLE: NUTE GUNRAY
Purchase this bundle and receive 50 shards of Nute Gunray! (Please note, Nute Gunray requires 80 shards to activate.)

BONUS: This bundle also includes Credits, training droids, ability materials, and gear to immediately power up Nute Gunray
Bundle includes:
  • Nute Gunray Shards (x50)
  • Credits
  • Training Droids
  • Ability Materials
  • Gear
Date Available: May 15th
Minimum Level Requirements: 20
Maximum # Purchases: 1

SEPARATIST LEADER BUNDLE: COUNT DOOKU
Purchase this bundle and receive 50 shards of Count Dooku!
BONUS: This bundle also includes Credits, training droids, ability materials, and gear to immediately power up Count Dooku
Bundle includes:
  • Count Dooku Shards (x50)
  • Credits
  • Training Droids
  • Ability Materials
  • Gear

TOOLS OF THE TRADE: COUNT DOOKU
Contains a selection of items to help you upgrade Count Dooku and outfit him with necessary gear. This bundle does not contain Count Dooku shards.
Bundle includes:
  • Mk 3 Czerka Stun Cuffs Salvage (x50)
  • Mk 8 BioTech Implant Component (x50)
  • Mk 1 Power Flow Control Chip (x100)
  • Mk 1 Fusion Coil (x100)
  • Mk 1 Amplifier (x50)
  • Mk 1 Capacitor (x50)
  • Mk 2 Pulse Modulator (x20)
  • Omega (x3)

TOOLS OF THE TRADE: NUTE GUNRAY
Contains a selection of items to help you upgrade Nute Gunray and outfit him with necessary gear. This bundle does not contain Nute Gunray shards.
Bundle includes:
  • Mk 3 Carbanti Sensor Array Salvage (x50)
  • Mk 5 A/KT Stun Gun Prototype Salvage (x50)
  • Mk 1 Power Flow Control Chip (x100)
  • Mk 1 Fusion Coil (x100)
  • Mk 1 Amplifier (x50)
  • Mk 1 Capacitor (x50)
  • Mk 2 Pulse Modulator (x20)
  • Omega (x3)

GALACTIC UPGRADE KIT
Power up your characters and ships with the Galactic Upgrade Kit!
Bundle includes:
  • MK 5 A/KT Stun Gun Prototype Salvage (x15)
  • MK 8 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Component (x15)
  • MK 5 Arakyd Droid Caller Salvage (x15)
  • MK 3 Sienar Holo Projector Salvage x10
  • MK 5 Chiewab Hypo Syringe Prototype Salvage (x10)
  • MK 8 Blastech Weapon Mod Prototype Salvage (x10)
  • MK 5 CEC Fusion Furnace Salvage (x10)
  • MK 6 Chiewab Hypo Syringe Salvage (x10)
  • MK 7 Nubian Security Scanner Salvage (x10)
  • MK 6 Arakyd Droid Caller Salvage (x10)
  • MK 7 Merr-Sonn Shield Generator Salvage (x10)
  • MK 10 TaggeCo Holo Lens Salvage (x10)
  • MK 6 Merr-Sonn Thermal Detonator Salvage (x10)
  • MK 9 Fabritech Data Pad Component (x10)
  • MK 5 Merr-Sonn Thermal Detonator Prototype Salvage (x10)
  • MK 1 BAW Armor Mod (x5)
  • MK 1 Sienar Holo Projector (x5)
  • MK 3 Merr-Sonn Thermal Detonator Prototype Salvage (x5)
  • MK 1 Bonding Pin (x50)
  • MK 1 Fusion Disk (x50)
  • MK 1 Power Flow Control Chip (x50)
  • MK 1 Fusion Coil (x50)
  • Character Ability Material MKIII (x5)
  • Character Ability Material Omega (x1)
  • Ship Reinforcement Material (x10)
  • Ship Ability Material Omega (x5)
  • Prestige (x10)
  • Shard Shop Currency (x500)
  • Fleet Arena Currency (x500)
  • PVE Energy (x400)
  • Fleet Battle Energy (x400)
  • Credits (x50,000)
  • Ship Building Material (x50,000)
Date available: May 20th
Minimum Level requirements: 85+
Maximum # Purchases: 1 per day

FIXES
  • UNIT - Fixed an issue that caused Chopper not to regain Health at the beginning of his turn when Isolated. Chopper will now correctly regain Health at the beginning of his turn even when Isolated.
  • UNIT - Fixed an issue that caused Nightsister Zombie to not gain the correct buffs from Old Daka upon reviving if she was Isolated when she was defeated.
  • UNIT - Fixed an issue that caused Zaalbar not to regain 10% Protection at the start of his turn if an enemy is suffering from Damage Over Time when he was Isolated in the Sith Triumvirate Raid. Zaalbar will now correctly regain 10% Protection per Damage Over Time effect on the enemy on his own turn even while Isolated.
  • UNIT - Fixed an issue where C-3PO's Translation would not completely expire on a unit when they were defeated.
  • UNIT - Fixed an issue where Qi'Ra's "Insult to Injury" would continue to grant Scoundrel allies Potency and Critical Damage after Qi'Ra was defeated.
  • UNIT - Fixed an issue where Scarif Rebel Pathfinder's "Do or Die" could trigger a revive when he did not have a buff.
  • UNIT - Fixed an issue where Snowtrooper's Assault Training did not grant Turn Meter to Empire allies if Snowtrooper had Shock or Daze.
  • UNIT - Resistance Pilot Unique ability name updated to be "On the Fly"
  • EVENT - Basic Training Encounters should now allow you to select the proper unit when prompted to
  • EVENT - Fixed an issue where the description for the Territory War ability Ruthless Salvager did not accurately reflect how the ability functioned. The ability description now reads:
    • "Jawas have 50% chance to Stun the target enemy when they use an ability, which can't be evaded. Jawas gain 20% Offense for each Stunned enemy. After Jawas use a Basic attack on a Stunned enemy, they Shock them for 2 turns and call all other Jawa allies to assist. Ruthless Salvager allows each Jawa that assists up to 6 assists per turn."
  • EVENT - Fixed an issue where Territory War's The Swarm did not specify it only applied to ships.
  • EVENT - Updated the description of Darth Malak's "Gnawing Terror" in Star Forge Showdown to correctly state that he inflicts Fear when he is inflicted with Damage Over Time.
  • RAID - Fixed an issue in the Sith Triumvirate Raid where characters defeated in an earlier phase and revived in a later phase would not contribute to Bonds of Weakness.
  • RAID - Fixed an issue that caused Darth Traya's Lord of Betrayal passive ability not to properly dispel debuffs from herself at the start of her turn when she was Isolated. Darth Traya should now correctly dispel debuffs from herself on her turn even while Isolated.
  • RAID - Fixed an issue where the Rancor's Debilitating Wounds in The Pit Raid would not take 50% less damage from attacks that deal Special damage.
  • RAID - Fixed an issue where the Rancor's Debilitating Wounds in The Pit Raid would not take 50% less damage from enemies suffering undispellable debuffs.
  • RAID - Fixed an issue where Jedi Knight Revan could mark the door panel in the Rancor raid on auto
  • RAID - Updated raid bosses to take a flat reduced damage amount from massive damage effects. Both Imperial Probe Droid and Savage Opress will now deal this reduced damage against raid bosses if the right conditions are met for their abilities rather than IPD dealing no damage and Savage reverting back to his standard ability damage. Raid bosses' Fearsome Foe ability descriptions have been updated to reflect this change and also to clarify that destroy effects such as Darth Nihilus' Annihilate instead deal the full massive damage amount
  • EVENT - Basic Training Encounters should now allow you to select the proper unit when prompted to
  • QUEST - Fix the incorrect description of Bounty Hunter Tier 2 Prestigious Quest to require Payouts and not Contracts

KNOWN ISSUES
  • Bastila Shan (Fallen)'s Force Bond final description sometimes prevents debuffs when it should not
  • There is an issue with General Grievous that causes him to be unaffected by other units trying to modifying his damage. This includes Nute Gunray's ability "Motivate" which calls Separatist allies to assist with a damage penalty if the ability has not been upgraded to the final tier.

DEV POST

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Reduced the cooldown for Challenges from 2 minutes to 5 seconds for level 85 players
    giphy.gif
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I like the Challenge change and the buff to T3's ability. The Ebon Hawk being on a 16 energy node cantina farm could be worse so I'll take it.

My biggest concern is what is behind the Galactic Upgrade Kit? Is it just a money maker pack because revenue is down or does it portend something else on the horizon.
  • Oh Gar. They moved you. At least you can make another sax album
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I'm gonna go ahead and guess these were written before the TW problem and they forget to remove the bonus fixes from the notes....
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I'm gonna go ahead and guess these were written before the TW problem and they forget to remove the bonus fixes from the notes....
    These are just wording fixes - they have said TW's will not have buffs for the foreseeable future, but they could come back, and if they do at least the buffs will be described correctly next time.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    That reduced timer is sweet! Now about that 20 minute free bronzium timer?
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    Yeaaah, the challenge timer is finally down :smiley:

Can someone clarify what the change of the massive damage exactly means in asolute or relative numbers in raids?
  • Xhedao wrote: »
    Yeaaah, the challenge timer is finally down :smiley:

Can someone clarify what the change of the massive damage exactly means in asolute or relative numbers in raids?

For Nihilus, it is 99,999 damage (maybe another 9, can't remember). We don't know what the reduced rate for Savage and Imperial Probe Droid is though.

@CG_SBCrumb could you clarify for us? How reduced (approximately) is the reduced damage?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Good stuff, good stuff.
    Still not a he.
  • Wish that timer reduction was for everybody. Why only level 85 players???

Because we embody the power that you are meant to crave. This is the Rule of Two.
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    That reduced timer is sweet! Now about that 20 minute free bronzium timer?

Honestly, I'm dropping 100K a week on Gold Eyeballs, so I'll be empty on bronzium points by the time Far From Home comes out.
  • Apocalypse660
    15 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Looooooool.

This patch has lots of good stuff, however main change for me it's Greedo Quest Description.

You know, to do 500 contracts of Greedo and 500 payouts is kinda two completely different things.
    Was 450\500 by manually doing GW and hard node battles before this patch. Rest 50 should be a park walk with Bossk lead or Zam.
    Please review all the descriptions of quests and abilities as this is very crucial to understand what to do and which area to invest.

• Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    Resistance pilot get a change to the name of a move...? Why? Literally no one uses her/him...I sense a disturbance...

Because we embody the power that you are meant to crave. This is the Rule of Two.

I crave nothing except maybe JKR.......
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    They fixed special damage in Pit phase 3! That was a great little secret that really helped us through heroic rancor in the very early days of raids when all hands were needed to clear it. Such a nice throwback to simpler times .. :)
    Challenge timer to 5s ... Well it's about time! Literally.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Reduced the cooldown for Challenges from 2 minutes to 5 seconds for level 85 players
    giphy.gif

I love love love this!!!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Wish that timer reduction was for everybody. Why only level 85 players???

Because you have to advance to get stuff.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Damodamo wrote: »
    Resistance pilot get a change to the name of a move...? Why? Literally no one uses her/him...I sense a disturbance...
    Among other probable reasons, it was the same name as Resistance Trooper's unique.
    Still not a he.
  • Since Answers HQ won't let me submit a bug report (the submit button does nothing), I'm going to post this here and hope it gets seen. Nute Gunray's Motivate skill is being resisted, in previous discussions on the topic of cool down increase abilities, it was said this is not considered a status effect and was not subject resist.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    So the crystal drain begins... new packs only cash now they will claim surplus of crystals bad for economy and reduce crystal income.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    So the crystal drain begins... new packs only cash now they will claim surplus of crystals bad for economy and reduce crystal income.
    If they nerf crystal income, that will be the end for me. I barely earn enough to get by as it is.
    Oh Gar. They moved you. At least you can make another sax album
    Great, now everybody is going to have him.
  • Looooooool.

This patch has lots of good stuff, however main change for me it's Greedo Quest Description.

You know, to do 500 contracts of Greedo and 500 payouts is kinda two completely different things.
    Was 450\500 by manually doing GW and hard node battles before this patch. Rest 50 should be a park walk with Bossk lead or Zam.
    Please review all the descriptions of quests and abilities as this is very crucial to understand what to do and which area to invest.

Boba lead makes for easy payouts in GW. Just beat the first thing that moves. The hard part is not dropping the entire enemy team before this happens.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Big, monsterous, huge, grand, great, tremendous, amazing, glorious, devestatingly awesome, spectaculer, insanely great shoutout to the challenge timer QOL....

BIG HUGS AND KISSES to the team for that....... I feel like mola ram when he is ripping hearts.....THANKS TEAM
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Damodamo wrote: »

Ace Squadron incoming
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    If they nerf crystal income, that will be the end for me. I barely earn enough to get by as it is.
    Saying you "barely earn enough to get by" is... a very strange sentence.

That said, Carrie has expressed an interest in rebalancing crystal income.

As things stand, if you're sub top 20, there are multiple vectors meaningfully feeding into your overall crystal income, many of them relatively new in comparison to the arena, and while moving up or down a bracket is noticeable but not decisive. However, if you're top 20 or above, your arena ranking is the lion's share of your crystals by a significant margin and the game revolves around maintaining your place in the top 20 to protect your crystal income.

Odds are they're looking for a way to redistribute the wealth without starting a riot.

There will probably be something down the pipe that will be riotously decried as "nerfing crystal income" that in reality comes paired with increasing crystal income in other places within a few months surrounding the change, and will impact different players differently.

Territory battles, for example, can get you up to 40/day if your guild can max LSTB and DSTB (1200 crystals between the two split between 30 days). That's the difference between top 500 rewards and top 100 rewards. And yes, that's a high bar, but it's achievable.

I would not be surprised if we see crystal rewards on the two Geonosian territory battles at least on par with the current TBs, then crystals as part of Grand Arena tournament, then a modest reduction in squad arena crystal rewards particularly at the top end, followed immediately by a riotous outcry against the reduction in squad arena crystal payouts as if three more vectors of crystals hadn't just happened, and without regard to what big picture crystal income looks like.

So hold off on pulling the trigger and consider the bigger picture if they "nerf crystal income."
    Still not a he.
  • Suprème_Lèader_Tsao
    122 posts Member
    edited May 2019

I crave nothing except maybe JKR.......

Exactly! I have JKR. And Darth Revan. And Malak.
    Whether it’s the timer reduction or someone in my sweet roster of characters, the Rule of Two applies, in an abstract sense.
  • TVF wrote: »

Because you have to advance to get stuff.

I AM a level 85 player but I think that stuff like that shouldnt be available through progress as it isnt really an advantage in gameplay. Its just more convenient. But I see your point. You should earn more stuff through advancing deeper into the game but we all know that it doesnt work like that.....
This discussion has been closed.