Any reason why...

Reyalp
738 posts Member
4* Dooku pack cost 4.99 at launch, yet 50 shards now costs 14.99?

I know the games evolved but that's a rate of inflation a despot controlled failing state would be proud of

Replies

• Ralakili
    104 posts Member
    Don't buy the pack if you are unhappy with the pricing. That's what I do. Vote with with your wallet.
  • Atarius
    86 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    You said it yourself: Price tag launch =/= after-sales. Or in terms of cars: new cars vs. spare parts of the same car
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Atarius wrote: »
    You said it yourself: Price tag launch =/= after-sales. Or in terms of cars: new cars vs. spare parts of the same car

Technically dooku was the new car - he was meta for months at launch. Now he isn't, but costs more?

Perhaps they just figured those who've played since launch have either quit or forgotten.

(I in no way care about the pricing, I've had dooku 7* since 2016)
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Those packs are many years apart.. things change deals change.. t

They do, but that's akin to saying the value of Dooku has gone up 200%. It definitely hasn't.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Any good deals from the past were just accidents before they had everything figured out. Just like the crystal subscription, for example.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    It was on sale before.
  • But he has a new coat of paint. So that automatically makes him 200% better. Even though they said he wouldn't be meta defining. Heh
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    4CWzJds.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Liath wrote: »
    It was on sale before.

I don't think it was a sale, granted it was nearly 4 years ago.

I'm just curious as to the rationale. I think the pricing for new toons is fair. But a 200% increase in the price of a 4 year old toon is a bit odd, especially when it's less shards. (I know you get gear but let's be reasonable here - it trash gear)
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    4* Dooku pack cost 4.99 at launch, yet 50 shards now costs 14.99?

I know the games evolved but that's a rate of inflation a despot controlled failing state would be proud of

I may be remembering wrong but wasn't that 4.99 pack a new player starter bundle? If so those are always WAY cheaper than everything else
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    He aged like a fine wine. Totally explains the hike.
  • TheDude420
    439 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    It’s all about the new player experience. There’s reasons all the most powerful characters (except KRU) are in higher level nodes.

It’s so new players don’t get a very powerful character/ship in the beginning, which makes many of the other characters inferior. They wouldn’t feel the “reward” of getting other characters, if they are inferior to one trey already got

Many of us have been at End game for so long, I think this is easy to forget. Having recently rolled an alt, it makes sense now.

You’ll also notice they don’t move previous farming locations to a higher level, but only down to a lower level. That’s so the new players won’t have a farm they have been working on potentially moved somewhere inaccessible.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dooku is the greatest story I can ever tell anyone when they ask about this game before they destroyed Bronziums.

I think it was like 350k ally points over the course of that 350k I hit 4 EIGHTY dookus for 320 shard was the most awesome ridiculous thing that ever happened to me in this game and to this day I think is only toon I never farmed a shard for at 7*

Stuff like that just don't happen anymore. Even before the nerf it was like hitting the SWGOH lottery. And at times when I'm on the worst RNG trip of my life for this or that....I always think back to Dooku and think.... "there are times when it hits in your favor"
  • I pulled 2 full Biggs last night from bronzium, RNG swing ftw.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dooku is the greatest story I can ever tell anyone when they ask about this game before they destroyed Bronziums.

I think it was like 350k ally points over the course of that 350k I hit 4 EIGHTY dookus for 320 shard was the most awesome ridiculous thing that ever happened to me in this game and to this day I think is only toon I never farmed a shard for at 7*

Stuff like that just don't happen anymore. Even before the nerf it was like hitting the SWGOH lottery. And at times when I'm on the worst RNG trip of my life for this or that....I always think back to Dooku and think.... "there are times when it hits in your favor"

I recently got 3 boba in a row while spending 100k. I already had him 7* but still thought I should probably go buy a lottery ticket or something...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    BananaBoy wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »

I recently got 3 boba in a row while spending 100k. I already had him 7* but still thought I should probably go buy a lottery ticket or something...

I know right.... like how many times can you honestly say you got a warm fuzzy feelign while playign this game...

it's so nice once in a while to catch that thunder :)
  • There are enough kids buying it, no need to worry...

>:)