GA rewards are terrible for 6 days of playing

Replies

• XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Me disturbs the non stop GA, after GA...feels like another arena. Nothing great, except the cadence.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    like I said 8-9 months for last place to get 4 full pieces (actually not even really 4 FULL) pieces

First place get's 16 full pieces (same not really full) over 8-9 months.

Taken in the long run over ALMOST A WHOLE YEAR GA rewards would not earn ONE GEAR level for ONE toon (for almost a years effort) not one gear level for one toon.

For the killer whales who win every one.... 16 gear pieces Would earn possibly close to 2 GEAR levels for ONE toon over the course of ALMOST A WHOLE YEAR.

In this respect Grand Arena rewards are practically worthless EXCEPT

64 6* mods for the first place winner basically ensures 2 full teams of 6* mods

Last place get's like 24-32 or something still gears 1 full team over almost a year......

Zetas for the WINNER and mod slicing stuff is basically the gem of Grand Arena....

Gear rewards are trash but I come in at the bottom so they ARE trash for me...

But for the tip of the spear...the zetas and mod slicing stuff are pretty darn good

Gear rewards are a smokescreen....and probably actually seeing stun guns and stuff entice people...but yeah over a year are pathetic with the cycling...

Think about it losers....for almost a years worth of work you would not be able to raise ONE TOON ONE GEAR LEVEL..

come in last slice some mods.... find something else FUN to play.... !!!!

hashtag ignoreGAletitfail
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    I dont play it because of the mode, not rewards tho.
  • Range1974
    897 posts Member
    The 24-hr wait for 10 minutes of fighting really drags it out. I completely missed fighting around last time because of the wait periods between activity. I seem to pair with someone 12-14 hours offset from EST too so I never even see them fight me until it’s over and I am accepting rewards several hours after the end of each round.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    The rewards may be a bit lacking, but they are not at all terrible. I still pllay GA, and enjoy it fully disregarding whst the rewards are.
  • If you enjoy the PvP component of the game, GA is the best content bar none. The rewards are adequate. I agree wholeheartedly that a bigger difference in rewards between first and last place would result in even more complaining about match making. The lack of difference makes experimentation viable. Want to try something that might not work? Go for it, it's only a zeta mat.

I'm sure time investment varies wildly, but at this point, I spend five minutes looking at my opponent's roster - check the squad boxes, set my known defensive teams, and am done in 7 minutes total. Mostly, I use the same defense for the same GA unless there's a meta level mismatch I need to worry about. Add 10 minutes. Combats are done in 20 minutes, if I take my time and actually plan stuff out. Usually more quickly. I also run three different accounts and don't feel that the time investment is burdensome. Then again, I like the game and enjoy playing it, for the most part.

One change that could really benefit the player base would be to add omegas to the winner of each round. For many players, the omega crunch is more severe than the zeta crunch and adding an omega between rounds would both incentivize combat and help alleviate one of the more significant bottlenecks for roster development.
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    Rewards are fine.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    I feel they could add an omega and 5 random gear pieces to the winner of each round, and 3 random gear pieces and some purple ability mats for the loser of the round. By gear piece I mean salvage, not full pieces. So by winning every round you get 15 extra salvage of random gear, while losing would net you 9. Wouldn't be so much that it would unbalance the grind, but would incentivise people to try even if they don't think they can win 1st.

Keep the gear pieces eyeballs, stun cuffs, stun guns, carbanti.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    DadKev wrote: »
    Rewards are fine.

thanks for that in depth interpretation....

Rewards are fine IF they can fix the matchmaking. Losers play losers winners play winners over 3 or 4 GA's.... that evens out the distribution of awards and the winners feel like they earned something instead of the dogcrap handouts against the weaklings they get matched with.

End of 3rd or 4th GA whoever finished in top 50% of players get's like 3 omegas.. Bottom 50% get nothing
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Rewards are fine.

Rewards are fine IF they can fix the matchmaking. Losers play losers winners play winners over 3 or 4 GA's.... that evens out the distribution of awards and the winners feel like they earned something instead of the dogcrap handouts against the weaklings they get matched with.

End of 3rd or 4th GA whoever finished in top 50% of players get's like 3 omegas.. Bottom 50% get nothing

You're playing vs losers ateast 66% of the time since you're always 8th, so i think the system you're proposing isn't going to make a difference for you personally.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Sooo sloooow

No point in even trying since you can get a ban for trying to hard
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Sooo sloooow

Trying to hard? There are pills that can help with that.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Sooo sloooow

Trying /= cheating for most people.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Rewards are fine.

Rewards are fine IF they can fix the matchmaking

Matchmaking algorithm is fine.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    like I said 8-9 months for last place to get 4 full pieces (actually not even really 4 FULL) pieces

Simple solution:
    Don't take last place every time.
    For the killer whales who win every one.... 16 gear pieces Would earn possibly close to 2 GEAR levels for ONE toon over the course of ALMOST A WHOLE YEAR.

Whales pay large sums to gain an advantage. I have no problem with paying players having that advantage. Why do you?
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Sooo sloooow

Really? I won my last 12 GA's in a row and haven't been banned
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Rewards are good. Winners should get better rewards than the losers and the losers shouldn’t blame it on the match making.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    Sooo sloooow

Clearly you weren't tryimg hard enough. Slacker. :D
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Sooo sloooow

Or you were trying and they were not watching the last 12 GA. Those woke know of an "acceptable practice that went undiscussed" since inception since only some players knew how to game the system.

Now everyone who's paying half attention knows how to get ahead in TW so they are cracking down and have raised the stakes. If you put extra effort into setting teams, making sure your modded right, doing all the battles for 6 days you get what? A couple mats? And what's the risk - a chance at losing your account forever.

I've got 170+ 7* no reason to even risk competing GA personally. I'll take a 2nd or 3rd tier loot box and save myself 3 to 6 hours of time each GA.

Now if there wasn't a way to manipulate the outcome (cheat or get cheated), if there was a big gap between 1st and the rest, and if the event didn't take a whole week then maybe I'd be motivated.

For now I agree 100% GA rewards are terrible for the effort to play it.

Evidence is most of my GA end up in a tie like 640 vs 640 and both teams have auto set defenses and no one even attacks. I don't care and usually they don't either were just collecting the participation trophies & loot.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Sooo sloooow

Or you were trying and they were not watching the last 12 GA. Those woke know of an "acceptable practice that went undiscussed" since inception since only some players knew how to game the system.
    Interesting attempt to justify the selfish exploitation of what was clearly a bug.
    Now everyone who's paying half attention knows how to get ahead in TW so they are cracking down
    They are fixing the bug that part of the player base was exploiting.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Sooo sloooow

Except for the fact that very few people knew how to manipulate mods in their favour, chances of running into one of those players weren't exactly high.
    Now everyone who's paying half attention knows how to get ahead in TW so they are cracking down and have raised the stakes. If you put extra effort into setting teams, making sure your modded right, doing all the battles for 6 days you get what? A couple mats? And what's the risk - a chance at losing your account forever.
    Extra effort? Risk? What are you even talking about? Simply because you can cheat with mods doesn't mean you have to. I strongly advice against it actually. I'm on a 30 round winstreak and i haven't changed mods mid GA. Just make sure your mods are set up properly before GA starts and you're golden, no extra effort needed and it's certainly not needed to cheat.

I've got 170+ 7* no reason to even risk competing GA personally. I'll take a 2nd or 3rd tier loot box and save myself 3 to 6 hours of time each GA.
    "Risk" competing in GA? haha. 3 to 6 hours? haha.

Now if there wasn't a way to manipulate the outcome (cheat or get cheated), if there was a big gap between 1st and the rest, and if the event didn't take a whole week then maybe I'd be motivated.

For now I agree 100% GA rewards are terrible for the effort to play it.

Evidence is most of my GA end up in a tie like 640 vs 640 and both teams have auto set defenses and no one even attacks. I don't care and usually they don't either were just collecting the participation trophies & loot.

You can simply be better than your opponent, who most likely isn't cheating. Especially not before the cheat became well known.
    It's okay if you don't like the game mode because you're outmatched alot and you can't win, but lets not pretent you didn't like it because of the cheating which you most likely weren't even aware of untill recently, or because the rewards are bad, or that it takes up too much time, or that you risk getting banned if you do try to win.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Also a lot of people have terrible mods and they could move them around for every battle and still not be able to win.
  • Why do we even need 3 days to set defense.
    We just need to do it once.
    It will shorten GA at least to total 4 days instead of 6
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Because your opponents change.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    For me, a fully crafted stun gun or something equivalent would be nice, or at least 50 of whichever gear we get. And maybe some crystals or some more omegas. Otherwise the rewards are quite nice. The zetas and mod crafting parts always come in handy
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Every GA should give 1x Full carbanti,
    1xFull stun Gun, 1x Full Cuff, 1xFull Gold Ball(lol), 1xFull syringe. Those are for all players who participate and then whatever rewards we currently have scaling for position.

It comes down to less than 40 of each piece a year and I think it's absolutely reasonable and I see no point why it should be any different.

That's 7,824 crystals worth of gear.

That's more than double of what you get for taking 1st in arena daily for a week...and all you would have to do is just join.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    It's a catch-22...if the GA rewards were great, people would freak out and complain that all the whales have the advantage and that it's not worth playing. Or that 3v3 is unfair/dumb or ships are not counted or are counted...etc.

GA is basically a sandbox mode for people to mess around with lineups and to learn how to play. Whales/Krakens like it for bragging rights. For non-whales/krakens, it's basically free. You don't even have to do anything and get stuff.

it takes 8-9 months for the last place finishers to earn 4 full pieces (since rotated) and 32 6* mods as long as they spend the mod energy to farm the extra pieces.

OP tyrannosaurus guys getting matched up against salamanders in that same time will earn 16 full pieces of gear and 64 6* mods with a little extra modulator farming

Over time that's becomes a ridiculous gap.... that said it still is an 8-9 month cycle.. So who knows how many cycles we have left...1 maybe 2. Would be awesome i mean AWESOME if we could go another 5.... Without Legends characters from EU not sure that can happen... Our hopes rest on Disney Streaming and Disney XD lol

You just made my point for me...OP says that the rewards suck and you say the rewards are too much.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Rewards are fine.

You're playing vs losers ateast 66% of the time since you're always 8th, so i think the system you're proposing isn't going to make a difference for you personally.

That's not how it works but to each his own
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Simple solution:
    Don't take last place every time.

Whales pay large sums to gain an advantage. I have no problem with paying players having that advantage. Why do you?

2 gear levels for ONE toon 8-10 maybe over 8-9 months...not sure that's an advantage if that's what your talking about...

I have no problem with whales actually but hey to each his own :)
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    It's a catch-22...if the GA rewards were great, people would freak out and complain that all the whales have the advantage and that it's not worth playing. Or that 3v3 is unfair/dumb or ships are not counted or are counted...etc.

GA is basically a sandbox mode for people to mess around with lineups and to learn how to play. Whales/Krakens like it for bragging rights. For non-whales/krakens, it's basically free. You don't even have to do anything and get stuff.

it takes 8-9 months for the last place finishers to earn 4 full pieces (since rotated) and 32 6* mods as long as they spend the mod energy to farm the extra pieces.

OP tyrannosaurus guys getting matched up against salamanders in that same time will earn 16 full pieces of gear and 64 6* mods with a little extra modulator farming

Over time that's becomes a ridiculous gap.... that said it still is an 8-9 month cycle.. So who knows how many cycles we have left...1 maybe 2. Would be awesome i mean AWESOME if we could go another 5.... Without Legends characters from EU not sure that can happen... Our hopes rest on Disney Streaming and Disney XD lol

You just made my point for me...OP says that the rewards suck and you say the rewards are too much.

Let's be clear.... MODS yes Zetas... it would be 4 full zetas over 8-9 months compared to 0 for loser but that's really not that game changing...... The gear is a joke it's only there to visually entice someone.... Even after 9 months the winner has SQUAT.

That mod gap get's ridiculous tho

I question your sanity if you think that being able to GEAR ONE TOON FROM 8-10 based on 8 months + of Grand arenas is too much...... I can't really facepalm more than that

EDIT that said with the other rewards added in then it's no so ridiculous....too little...probably not.....too much definatly not..... somewhere in the middle... yeah probably (for the top 4) maybe even top 7... Last place is really really pathetic tho