Why no Dooku Leader ability material return?

ShawDou
297 posts Member
You gave us return for Nute Leader ability, but why not for Dooku? His Leader ability also changed a lot, especially that now it only applies to separatists, while before it was for all toons.

Replies

• ShawDou wrote: »
    You gave us return for Nute Leader ability, but why not for Dooku? His Leader ability also changed a lot, especially that now it only applies to separatists, while before it was for all toons.

Bruh come on, like you ever used it before anyways.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    It was also rolled back to level 1, so it's really odd that we've not got back the mats.

Edit: I can't read so this is irrelevant but I'm keeping my **** up for prosperity
  • Simski22
    29 posts Member
    My leader ability for dooku wasn't rolled back - there was however a new special ability added that started from scratch....sure you're not thinking of that?
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Simski22 wrote: »
    My leader ability for dooku wasn't rolled back - there was however a new special ability added that started from scratch....sure you're not thinking of that?

Thank god someone is paying attention.

Thanks!
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    ShawDou wrote: »

Of course we did. When Evasion was meta in Arena, Dooku Lead was used a lot back then. Was at same time when old Ben lead was also used a lot.
  • ShawDou wrote: »

Of course we did. When Evasion was meta in Arena, Dooku Lead was used a lot back then. Was at same time when old Ben lead was also used a lot.

The key word here is 'did'. So why do you care if a leader ability no one used anymore is being made better for a specific team to prosper? No point in refunding mats when its not affecting anyone
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    on the plus side, now you can use his new lead in GA (as apposed to nute's who's lead is back at lvl 1).
    Save water, drink champagne!
    518 posts Member
    Sorry but yes, I used dooku's lead in GA 3v3 with B1 and Droideka zeta. Read droideka's kit, you'll understand. And it could break the BH team on first try.
  • CHFC22 wrote: »
    It was also rolled back to level 1, so it's really odd that we've not got back the mats.

Edit: I can't read so this is irrelevant but I'm keeping my **** up for prosperity

*posterity
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Guest wrote: »
    Sorry but yes, I used dooku's lead in GA 3v3 with B1 and Droideka zeta. Read droideka's kit, you'll understand. And it could break the BH team on first try.

Well then you are the only one....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Guest wrote: »

the profile in your signature says no
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I don't understand why they didn't refund all of Nute's abilities and gear, as he's ostensibly a new character. I really only invested in him to use with the annoying Acolyte/Zombie team. Now I'm stuck with a G10 nearly maxed Nute but don't have a viable Separatist team into which I can plug him.
  • I used Dooku lead every 3v3 GA, evasion teams are so annoying in that format. His new lead is good for separatists, but totally different from what it was before that I cannot figure out why they didn't refund those mats, too.
  • I used him as a leader for every 3v3 as well. It wasn't great for anything else, but for 3v3 it was solid. Given the drastic difference + (as seen here) many an intent to not use the new leader ability, I agree a refund would have been appropriate. Barely worth mentioning, but for those weighing such things, retaining the leader skill also retains its GP for GA pairing with none of the originally intended benefit.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Yeah i can see the reasoning for a refund despite the fact i actually prefer his new leader skill.
  • Whatelse73
    2149 posts Member
    edited May 2019

I actually used it in last week's 3v3 GA. Him and two other Sith and in one match that team held up for 4 battles. prevented my opponent from being able to clear. From what he's at now, I'm guessing he'll be an even better leader and member of that team.
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member

I know I did. I'd sometimes make two Sith teams in a event, etc.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »

I actually used it in last week's 3v3 GA. Him and two other Sith and in one match that team held up for 4 battles. prevented my opponent from being able to clear. From what he's at now, I'm guessing he'll be an even better leader and member of that team.

But he won't be giving his lead to those sith anymore. He'll only apply the detrimental bit to the enemies, not the bonuses to allies.
  • LOL at anyone trying to point out how we don't use old leads/zetas anymore and the entire point of grand arena on paper is to spread an inventory out and have to use squads/leads that you wouldn't have used otherwise.

Anyone trying to chime in that no one uses a certain toon regularly is just flat out wrong because at this point, darn near every single toon has some actual use that's not only TB deployment anymore
  • SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    LOL at anyone trying to point out how we don't use old leads/zetas anymore and the entire point of grand arena on paper is to spread an inventory out and have to use squads/leads that you wouldn't have used otherwise.

Anyone trying to chime in that no one uses a certain toon regularly is just flat out wrong because at this point, darn near every single toon has some actual use that's not only TB deployment anymore

GA is to use Meta squads not old leads 😂

That was already paved by TW