Should you omega Master of Makashi?

Spharynx01
251 posts Member
edited May 2019
Mmmm... the title says everything, not sure if I want to omega the master of Makashi, especially for Padmé's event... If Dooku has stealth, he can't give a riposte... Shall not we increase his life pool and zeta him? That is my question!

Plus I'm not sure I want all theses jedis to focus on my B2 on Padmé's event...

Sorry for my english if it is not clearly understandable...

Replies

518 posts Member
    At the moment, I didn't and I don't think anybody should. It only grant Stealth and the result of it is that you won't counterattack.
    Plus, JKA will dispel it if it's design as a Galactic Republic counter in the future, but so will he dispel Riposte, so no use at all.
    With the omega crunch going by, this is really not a good idea but it will depends on kits rework in the future and new chars incoming I guess.
  • Spharynx01
    251 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Guest wrote: »
    At the moment, I didn't and I don't think anybody should. It only grant Stealth and the result of it is that you won't counterattack.
    Plus, JKA will dispel it if it's design as a Galactic Republic counter in the future, but so will he dispel Riposte, so no use at all.
    With the omega crunch going by, this is really not a good idea but it will depends on kits rework in the future and new chars incoming I guess.

That is exactly what I think, but why giving such a weird omega...

It's a trap! >:) CG you won't have me B)
    518 posts Member
    Probably to make such a squishy squad, that, without B1, is without heal (heal as party heal not as Droideka or Dooku's Unique, etc...) a bit more viable.
    And that would give them a "false" pre taunt that is better than a taunt since nothing except dispel can bypass stealth. It can make B1 stacks more if you're putting him in this squad, provide also a "taunt" to Sun Far that is very slow but still a durable taunt, etc...
    Though, Riposte not being a "blue icon" makes it not great. It could also be a first wave touch up as Anakin was as well.
  • Guest wrote: »
    Probably to make such a squishy squad, that, without B1, is without heal (heal as party heal not as Droideka or Dooku's Unique, etc...) a bit more viable.
    And that would give them a "false" pre taunt that is better than a taunt since nothing except dispel can bypass stealth. It can make B1 stacks more if you're putting him in this squad, provide also a "taunt" to Sun Far that is very slow but still a durable taunt, etc...
    Though, Riposte not being a "blue icon" makes it not great. It could also be a first wave touch up as Anakin was as well.

Based on the fact that you have a 7* B1 soon enough for next Padmé's event... I will farm B1 later but I still have to finish (soon) my Carh for DR / Malak :s I want to get Padmé with my current separatists > Grievous, Asaj, B2, Dooku and Magnaguard/Poggle/ Geo Spy. The new Dooku lead makes me think we can handle this event in a easiest way then the first release!
  • B1 is not good for the padme event. I have him at 7 star g12 and he caused more harm than good. His constant assisting causes the other team to get massive amount of courage.

Droideka on the other hand was amazing and allowed me to 7 star padme with using 1x zeta on the whole team. Took a bunch of attempts but I was able to
  • He will still counter-attack, he just won't get targeted. You're meant to have one or two strong tanks and hard hitting toons on the side, or at least I find that works for me.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I omega-ed him today without reading, just because my dooku is G12 and all my G12 have all their omegas

Also i already have 7* Padme
    fbat3zpkaa8d.png
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Christopher Lee was the coolest actor ever so I have him maxed regardless.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    He will still counter-attack, he just won't get targeted. You're meant to have one or two strong tanks and hard hitting toons on the side, or at least I find that works for me.

And it will bypass any protection, plus inflicting debuffs on the attacker. If he is against a team with lots of aoe attacks he will he very usefull.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Ephran wrote: »

@Ephran Ive Always thought he was great in everything. But I got The Children of Hurin Tolkien book on tape and Lee was the reader and I was really impressed. If you like LOTR stuff its worth checking out.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »

@Ephran Ive Always thought he was great in everything. But I got The Children of Hurin Tolkien book on tape and Lee was the reader and I was really impressed. If you like LOTR stuff its worth checking out.

Especially since Lee met Tolkien in real life and kept up a correspondence with him until Tolkien's death. Lee was the unofficial fact checker of pronunciation of Middle Earth names on LOTR film sets.

Alright, back to the topic at hand...

The omega really helps with AoEs but one of the likeliest to occur, Yoda's, is uncounterable so maybe not so much help after all. Against Lando, Wedge, or any other 2016 AoE, pretty darn useful.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »

Oh yeah that audiobook was a masterpiece.