Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    This was hilarious. I doubt my win depends on this match, I wanted to wear down his suboptimal DR team over multiple matches. Didn't even check his mods on the team, my NS has good ones (not the best). Ns just kept coming back while about to get a wipeout, they are scary stuff.

If your somehow implying this is the norm I would point out your sample size is LOL and even the Nightsister Discord group thinks NS suck vs DR.

If on the other hand is a brag post..... I defer Sweet win

My opponent had malak, padme, everyone I do not.... so I did not play...

I do look forward to playing someone so I can post my own viscious upsets hollywood hogan style
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    This was hilarious. I doubt my win depends on this match, I wanted to wear down his suboptimal DR team over multiple matches. Didn't even check his mods on the team, my NS has good ones (not the best). Ns just kept coming back while about to get a wipeout, they are scary stuff.

If your somehow implying this is the norm I would point out your sample size is LOL and even the Nightsister Discord group thinks NS suck vs DR.

I do look forward to playing someone so I can post my own viscious upsets hollywood hogan style

My post is clear it's not the norm and the opponent team isn't a full fledged DR as the pic shows (8 zetas in there). I'll see what their current roster shows in terms of mods as I can't check a defeated team. Yeah well, they wasted a perfectly servicable team due to bad modding:

ph5q996ouoit.png
    5xv2clezcx16.png
    hdw0s8aef3ve.png
    8b53mcx8odf0.png
    3afcvz25x924.png

• I’ve just pulled off a win I didn’t think possible.

Roster comparison is simple: he has malak, I don’t.

He set DR, BSF, HK, SiT, Malak so I thought I was goosed. But, he dropped a battle against my ewoks (4 zeta), FO (3 zeta), and NS (zzAV, zMT, Zombie, Daka, Spirit) so I had a pop at his DR team.

My JKR went in, hoping to take out BSF. They got slaughtered. Sent in my DR, BSF, HK, SiT, Thrawn team and they managed to pull off the victory! Only BSF, DR left standing, but they made it.

One shot all his other teams, 41 point victory secured.

I keep reading about people who give up / don’t try when they see an opponent who has a heavy-duty toon that they don’t have. My tip? Always try. One day you might pull it off.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019

My post is clear it's not the norm and the opponent team isn't a full fledged DR as the pic shows (8 zetas in there). I'll see what their current roster shows in terms of mods as I can't check a defeated team. Yeah well, they wasted a perfectly servicable team due to bad modding:

ph5q996ouoit.png
    5xv2clezcx16.png
    hdw0s8aef3ve.png
    8b53mcx8odf0.png
    3afcvz25x924.png

That modding hurts my head

Need like 6000 base offense lol to ofset those speeds
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Yeah, it's a bad team, from comp to mods.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Nice work both of you. There are few things more satisying than pulling off wins against the odds. B)

And yes, there is a ridiculous amount of bad modding out there!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    So I lost to a guy with poorly modded toons

n9amcuczccb6.png
    zv7hxmaafdlp.png
    1u79kdqs8gk6.png

Dude only has 2 hardly 3 teams modded well

Very sketchy, but maybe he’s really good at this game!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    That does sound sketchy. How are you accessing those character detail pages? If you go through his roster you see current state but if you long-press on a defending toon you see locked-in state which unfortunately means you can only see the locked-in state for his defenders.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    hmm looks like a 2 in 5 chance of me actually getting to play a round this GA.... although should be 50/50 by round 3 or something...

would be nice to get to play one round ..would love to get that 1 win out of the way early tho....becomes a sweat

I will admit I'm pumped right now to see how GA championshps is gonna work

getting to play people that's NOT an autoloss is much preferable for me. I can gladly accept the pathetic ranking and possibly much stinky rewards...at least I would get to play
  • You need to file a bug report. Me and all my guild mates get to play every round.
  • yw02u501fc14.png

I know I need work, but I love how fair this matchmaking process is
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    You need to file a bug report. Me and all my guild mates get to play every round.
    (gives you the peoples eyebrow)
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    yw02u501fc14.png

hmm I would have to see the toons.... if he has DR malak and crew and you dont'.... I would'nt play.

The 14 extra zetas matter if on new revan squad or just extra QGJ, stormtrooper zetas...

if neither of you have malak I would actually play that.

There is nothing from that data that suggests it's impossible to win... (again I can't see if it's DR malak vs no DR malak)

The ones I refuse to play in and set trash usually involve 30 more G12 toons and are stupid ridiculous.

def wold come down to which god toons he has vs u
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    yw02u501fc14.png

I don't see the issue here 👀
    both at same total gp.. That's how it works. Better than my matchups lol
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    yw02u501fc14.png

hmm I would have to see the toons.... if he has DR malak and crew and you dont'.... I would'nt play.

The 14 extra zetas matter if on new revan squad or just extra QGJ, stormtrooper zetas...

There is nothing from that data that suggests it's impossible to win... (again I can't see if it's DR malak vs no DR malak)

The ones I refuse to play in and set trash usually involve 30 more G12 toons and are stupid ridiculous.

My rd 1 match this time out...

He has malak, I don’t. I tried anyway and beat him. I needed 2 teams to beat his Sith Empire team, but he needed 2 teams to beat my NS, Ewoks, FO.

I don’t agree with your strategy / advice to others to just roll over when you think all is lost. When you try, there’s always a chance you’ll win.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I like when people refuse to attack because that will somehow show everyone.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I like when people refuse to attack because that will somehow show everyone.

I like when they don't attack me, that certainly shows me, I cower in fear.
  • Rezalder
    63 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Is there any progress on removing the penalty for starring, leveling, and gearing your toons? Feels like they specifically said that wanted to ungear toons (like the original NS Zombie) went against the spirit of the game.
    When players are left frustrated because the 5 Mil GP roster they paid for matches them up against superior GA rosters with little progress on legacy toons but maxed new meta teams with EVERY newer zeta that seems wrong. It’s worse when their f2p friends at 3.9 Mil GP are bragging about how they always win because they didn’t make the “mistake” of building up their roster outside of the GA teams.
    Beyond that, why the hell is the reward for a win against a 3 Mil GP player with no new meta toons the same as win against a 5 Mil GP player with every GA team, incredible mods, and 80 zetas? That seems ludicrous.
    Many of us were very excited about GA, and I still like the concept, but the matchmaking and reward structure is a nonsense penalty for building your roster.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Rezalder wrote: »
    Is there any progress on removing the penalty for starring, leveling, and gearing your toons? Feels like they specifically said that wanted to ungear toons (like the original NS Zombie) went against the spirit of the game.
    When players are left frustrated because the 5 Mil GP roster they paid for matches them up against superior GA rosters with little progress on legacy toons but maxed new meta teams with EVERY newer zeta that seems wrong. It’s worse when their f2p friends at 3.9 Mil GP are bragging about how they always win because they didn’t make the “mistake” of building up their roster outside of the GA teams.
    Beyond that, why the hell is the reward for a win against a 3 Mil GP player with no new meta toons the same as win against a 5 Mil GP player with every GA team, incredible mods, and 80 zetas? That seems ludicrous.
    Many of us were very excited about GA, and I still like the concept, but the matchmaking and reward structure is a nonsense penalty for building your roster.

There is no way to get to 5m GP without leveling non-meta characters. It can’t be done.

As for the last question, individual PvP has the same rewards throughout the game. People who started last week can get the same 500 crystals for 1st in squad arena against g5 Phoenix as you can get for beating Malak teams. GA is no different.
  • Wimma wrote: »

As our GP is within a few hundred, I can say they match GP up really well at least, lol.

Yes i confirm, GP matches quite good also in this GA for me (within few hundred GP), but there is more :-)
    • opponent has Malak (i don't)
    • opponent has Drevan (i don't)
    • opponent has ALL Legendarys & maxed (i don't)
    • opponent has a lot more Zetas than me (16 more to be precise)

in the End it was fun even i did lose, because i could clear everything except Malak team and following territory.

Just sad i didn't get a shot to really compete.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
    yw02u501fc14.png

Yeah he’s got malek 7 star g12, padme 7 star g12, zetad and everything. The being outmatched carries on in every way below what I posted
  • Imo please lower the GA frequency... it was fun but its getting more like a job.
    Or start the GA tournament, I like that idea
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    yw02u501fc14.png

He has malak, I don’t. I tried anyway and beat him. I needed 2 teams to beat his Sith Empire team, but he needed 2 teams to beat my NS, Ewoks, FO.

I don’t agree with your strategy / advice to others to just roll over when you think all is lost. When you try, there’s always a chance you’ll win.

I don't roll over....I ensure someone I may face in the future get's as little resources as possible so when next we meet.... I will destroy them !!!!!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Imo please lower the GA frequency... it was fun but its getting more like a job.

lol Daily GW takes longer than GA and I sim GW

I DESPISE GRAND ARENA.... still happy with it running every day
  • Imo please lower the GA frequency... it was fun but its getting more like a job.

You can literally ignore GA and still get rewarded.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    Imo please lower the GA frequency... it was fun but its getting more like a job.

You can literally ignore GA and still get rewarded.

You have to join, THEN you can ignore it. ;)

Keep sending out those positive vibes... you’re making the game a better place!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Keep sending out those positive vibes... you’re making the game a better place!

thanks :) I try. Always better to be running events even if not liked :)

have a good one :)
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member

1a0hkd.jpg
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    yw02u501fc14.png

Exactly. I don't have DR or Malak but I always fight back the best I can. Granted i usually lose, but once in a while I pull off a win.If nothing else it's more fun to make them work a bit for a victory.