Let's argue on characters tags !

518 posts Member
As I know many will disagree I just want this to be more of a debate more than a bashing :

As time goes by, characters are something getting new tags/changing their tags. I don't know if many of you remember of the huge debate before Old Ben rework and the fact he gained the rebel tag but it was basically the same as I'm going to propose.

Why wouldn't Sidious get a Separatist Tag ?
I'll weigh the pros and cons :
- Yes because : he was the true leader, behind everyone back. He gave orders to Dooku and then General Greivous and finally to Anakin and manipulated everyone to achieve his ultimate goal.
- No because as stated before, he wasn't the official face of the CSI and he probably would have killed separatists if they were in his direct way.

Why wouldn't Assaj get a Sith tag ?
- Yes because she was a Sith apprentice, as Maul and Savage and she used the training, even limited, of her master to become strong. She even eventually became so strong that Sidious felt the threat and asked Dooku to kill her, which he failed to do so. She then seeked revenge, as a Sith would do.
- No because she was an apprentice, again as Maul and Savage.

Why wouldn't Maul and Savage get the Separatist tag ?
- Yes because they were apprentice of Sith leading the separatist (respectively Sidious and Tyranus), they were the premise of it. Separatist appeared around that time with Nute leading them after receiving order from Sidious.
- No because they eventually turned their back and went on their own ways to get revenge on the people who betrayed them.

But for all of them, it still makes sense to add the tags because they were part of the movement, as Assaj is a separatist even though she also turned on them after she was betrayed by Dooku. And to add more, we are talking for a new tag for this characters, not adjusting the abilities (maybe for sidious at least but the other were not really separatist leaders).
It would give variety to people rosters and we'll most likely still have a use for them in the Geo TB, even Sidious might be a leader of Separatist in a special mission or something (even if this is not likely to happen).

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Sidious shouldn't get the Separatist tag because he never was on their side. The whole Separatist movement was just a tool he used to become the Emperor, and it was him who got the Separatist leaders killed after they served their purpose.
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    I think Tuskens should get a new tag called "rework", which highlights that they're due for one
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • The real question is why does Asoka Tano have synergy with night sisters?
  • The real question is why does Asoka Tano have synergy with night sisters?

She did years ago, they changed that long ago. Visas though?
  • HKFactory
    374 posts Member
    It’s been said before, and I’ll say it again, considering the old Ben thing, they may as well just give the resistance tag to the veteran smugglers since, like old Ben with the rebellion, they had a direct hand in helping the resistance. Also, I personally feel like IG-86 should get the separatist tag.
  • Rmaxtpmx
    294 posts Member
    Mark and Savage were never separatists because they were "apprentice of sith leading the separatist". Mail had nothing to do with them as sidious' apprentice. They didn't even exist yet. And Savage was maul's apprentice, who had a personal agenda having nothing to do with politics in the slightest.

Everything else was already said by Omeah. There is no argument to be had here. The facts are the facts. People who are against facts are either ignorant or have a personal agenda, neither of whom are worth the time to argue with.
  • Tialel
    4 posts Member
    I know this seems to be focused on separatists, but I also have some issues with the Old Republic/Sith Empire Tags... specifically Visas Marr.

Sith empire refers to the time before the 'Rule of Two' was implemented by Darth Bane... So it stands to reason that Sion/Nihilus/Traya should receive this tag. Obviously that would make them too OP. They already have amazing synergies with each other as it is, so I understand the decision to not apply the tag.

Visas Marr, on the other hand, has no faction synergy. She was created to be the STR end all, be all healer - but her value for the raid has decreased substantially. Why not grant her the Old Republic tag to boost her viability outside of the raid?
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I agree Sidious and Maul shouldn't be considered separatist. Every Nute and Sidious scene in the phantom menace, they mention it's a bargain tactic that Sidious is helping Nute. As if, Nute was representing the separatist and Sidious was representing the sith to benefit each other.
  • I suspect Visas hasn't been given either the Jedi or Old Republic tags as that would dynamically increase JKR's capabilities more than the devs want. I think she should have at least one if not both of them
  • veejayti
    168 posts Member
    Visas was from the old republic era, after apprenticeship to nihilus she lived in old republic territory and teamed up with Jedi to prevent further tragedy on old republic stuff and Jedi, she should have both Jedi and old republic tags. Maybe make a grey Jedi tag to prevent any issues?
  • HKFactory
    374 posts Member
    Honestly, if visas was given the Jedi faction tag, she would probably make short work of a ton of Sith teams and even most of the characters in Sith empire teams because of her constant assists against Sith enemies, and not to mention her healing capabilities.
  • Pbscoops wrote: »
    I suspect Visas hasn't been given either the Jedi or Old Republic tags as that would dynamically increase JKR's capabilities more than the devs want. I think she should have at least one if not both of them

The answer is an easy one. Could you imagine a JKR team where Jolee could rez Visas and Visas could rez Jolee?
  • Pbscoops wrote: »
    I suspect Visas hasn't been given either the Jedi or Old Republic tags as that would dynamically increase JKR's capabilities more than the devs want. I think she should have at least one if not both of them

The answer is an easy one. Could you imagine a JKR team where Jolee could rez Visas and Visas could rez Jolee?

That was exactly what/who I was thinking about
  • TAZZZOOO
    245 posts Member
    Denying characters tags and breaking cannon is wrong. It's like adding ROTJ Luke and not giving him a jedi tag because that would be too overpowered.
    Vets should be Resistance
    IG86 should not be Separatist (they were used by criminals like Ziro, Gha Nachkt [I think] etc)
    Asajj is either Sith+Separatist or just Nightsister
    Maul+Savage and Sideous should not be Separatist
    They could get away with giving Akbar a Resistance tag
    They SHOULD add Porkins
  • Tialel wrote: »
    I know this seems to be focused on separatists, but I also have some issues with the Old Republic/Sith Empire Tags... specifically Visas Marr.

Sith empire refers to the time before the 'Rule of Two' was implemented by Darth Bane... So it stands to reason that Sion/Nihilus/Traya should receive this tag. Obviously that would make them too OP. They already have amazing synergies with each other as it is, so I understand the decision to not apply the tag.

Visas Marr, on the other hand, has no faction synergy. She was created to be the STR end all, be all healer - but her value for the raid has decreased substantially. Why not grant her the Old Republic tag to boost her viability outside of the raid?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Visas_Marr
  • What I'm wondering is if Fulcrum Ahsoka should get the Phoenix tag. She may not have been part of Phoenix Squadron, but she was part of the Phoenix Rebel Cell
  • Maul shouldn't have the Separatists tag because the Separatists didn't exist during episode one. Savage wasn't part of the Separatists and Sidious used them without really being part of them so hy shouldn't either. The Vets should get the Resistance since they were kind of part of it. I haven't played KOTOR 2 (yet) but I don't think Visas should be Jedi if she wasn't actually part of them. Jango shouldn't have the Separatists tag since he wasn't actually part of them any more than Boba was part of the Empire. Fulcrum could probably have the Phoenix tag, it would probably make her more useful. Woah. This turned out way longer than I thought it would.
  • Voltarc
    103 posts Member
    Hey happy to argue tags!
    In general I want more tags to allow more variety in synergies especially for characters with very little use.
    1. Tuskens should at least be scoundrels! Why not let them work with other scoundrels?
    2. Sidious should not be separatists....he should be republic! He manipulated separatists for his own ends but it seems he had every intention of destroying them in the end. And I would love to see evil republic characters. He literally directed the clones to kill all the Jedi....who were also republic...but don’t be confused...the separatists wanted Sidius dead...they just got outmaneuvered.
    3. Maul could be separatist...he at least fought for them and wanted them to win...possibly not knowing Sidius full plan. (Maybe Sidius did not expect things to work out this way either?)
    4. Asajh should be sith! She was not a Sith Lord but please...what a joke it is that she is not sith because she was an apprentice! Maul and Dooku were all also going through an apprenticeship....the rule of two was just a method some sith used to restrict who learned all the sith secrets. She also was a bounty hunter, though you could argue she only did that after she quit being a sith. But I see no reason for her not to work with bounty hunters....though if you wanted a second bounty hunter version of her I’d be ok with that.
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    I still don't think maul should be a Separatist. In episode 1 thy didn't exist yet and he doesn't exactly help them in the Clone Wars.
  • Tony12345
    98 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Alrighty then, let’s Argue.
    1. Assaj Ventress - I believe CG has already confirmed that she was in fact a Sith apprentice. That’s not there augment any more from what I remember. They stated they were capturing her in a specific time or moment. My issue is, there was never a moment when Assaj Ventress was both Separatist and Nightsister. It was either one or the other. And the entire time she was a separatist, she was also a Sith apprentice for Dooku. And yes after all that, then she became a bounty hunter. All 3 can be separate characters. The one we currently have should either be just Nightsisters or Nightsisters, Sith, and Separatist. Plus I’d love to see Ventress and Vos bounty hunters.
    2. Maul and Savage- Firstly, the Maul that we have in game is from The Phantom Menace, not the Animated Series. Regardless, Maul and Savage were never part of the separatist movement they had their own agenda to gain power and rule over others. If anything they could receive Deathwatch Tags, when we get there.
    3. Darth Sidious - Sidious is complicated because unlike other characters where they either chose one side or the other, he didn’t. He played both sides, as a double agent of sorts, to serve his own agenda. He instilled fear into the separatist leader so that they would follow his leadership. He needed them to start war and chaos so that the Galactic Republic’s senators would elect him chancellor and continue to grant him more and more authority (or power) as the war progressed. He did this until all the republic’s power was voted into his hands and formed into the first galactic empire. So in my opinion he should either have none or both tags so that he can be paired with either team but, much like General Grevious, he should harm all characters to grow in power. And his leadership should be general with benefits to Sith, like it is. Although his leadership could probably use a tune-up.

Edit: What would be cool was if he didn’t even need tags. Imagine he had a unique ability that allows him to synergies with any team. At the cost of hurting active non Sith characters. Ultimate plug and play character, with a decent leadership.

While we are at it here are some other characters I feel are missing tags.
    • Vet Han And Chewie - Resistance Tags
    • Visas Marr - Old Republic and Jedi Tags
    • The Sith Triumvirate - Sith Empire Tags
    • Fulcrum - Phoenix Tag?? (Haven’t Watched the Show yet)
    • Jedi Knight Guardian, Consular and Sentinel - Old Republic and Galactic Republic. Guardian needs to be changed to Sentinel and they need to release a new Guardian to associate with the color scheme that’s in place.
    • Hermit Yoda - Rebel tag, not because I think he was a Rebel but because he is always used with other teams other then CLS. This would add more synergy but no big deal.
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    I don't think Yoda could have the Rebel tag cause he wasn't actually a rebel. Other than that though I agree with you.