• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    DadKev wrote: »
    Rewards are fine.

thanks for that in depth interpretation....

Rewards are fine IF they can fix the matchmaking. Losers play losers winners play winners over 3 or 4 GA's.... that evens out the distribution of awards and the winners feel like they earned something instead of the dogcrap handouts against the weaklings they get matched with.

End of 3rd or 4th GA whoever finished in top 50% of players get's like 3 omegas.. Bottom 50% get nothing

You're playing vs losers ateast 66% of the time since you're always 8th, so i think the system you're proposing isn't going to make a difference for you personally.

That's not how it works but to each his own
    that is exactly how it works and "to each his own" doesn't apply here.
    • round 1: random opponent\
    • round 2: 4 winners randomly face eachother and the 4 losers randomly face eachother
    • round 3: The 2 players with 2 wins face eachother, the 4 players with 1 win each face eachohter, the 2 players with no wins face eachohter.
    Since you're always 8th, you only face someone who wins a single round (maybe only vs you) in the first round. In round 2 and 3 you're only facing players who've lost their previous rounds.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Rewards are fine.

Rewards are fine IF they can fix the matchmaking. Losers play losers winners play winners over 3 or 4 GA's.... that evens out the distribution of awards and the winners feel like they earned something instead of the dogcrap handouts against the weaklings they get matched with.

End of 3rd or 4th GA whoever finished in top 50% of players get's like 3 omegas.. Bottom 50% get nothing

You're playing vs losers ateast 66% of the time since you're always 8th, so i think the system you're proposing isn't going to make a difference for you personally.

• round 2: 4 winners randomly face eachother and the 4 losers randomly face eachother
    • round 3: The 2 players with 2 wins face eachother, the 4 players with 1 win each face eachohter, the 2 players with no wins face eachohter.
    Since you're always 8th, you only face someone who wins a single round (maybe only vs you) in the first round. In round 2 and 3 you're only facing players who've lost their previous rounds.

and again it's not what we are talking about.... Every single GA has the chance for a fluff to get paired with 7 God tier guys ensuring 8th place before you even fight.... (now is this true...depends can happen most likely you get more than one fluff guy)

What I'm talking about what you seem to be ignoring, not understanding, or whatever is my way by the 3rd or 4th GA in a cycle before it resets Fluff guys will be playing fluff guys... The best will be finding out who the best are... We are talking about two different things....all the math in the world you throw at me means nothing because we are talking about two different things. .

Whether i win or not means nothing...only that fluff guys are matched against fluff guys by the 3rd/4th cycle so that every match win or lose is at least playable not just... get matched...see how stupid it is...come back later.....That's all we want to avoid.....again....AVOIDING...get matched, see how stupid it is....come back...

ta-ta
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Rewards are fine.

and again it's not what we are talking about.... Every single GA has the chance for a fluff to get paired with 7 God tier guys ensuring 8th place before you even fight.... (now is this true...depends can happen most likely you get more than one fluff guy)

What I'm talking about what you seem to be ignoring, not understanding, or whatever is my way by the 3rd or 4th GA in a cycle before it resets Fluff guys will be playing fluff guys... The best will be finding out who the best are... We are talking about two different things....all the math in the world you throw at me means nothing because we are talking about two different things. .

Whether i win or not means nothing...only that fluff guys are matched against fluff guys by the 3rd/4th cycle so that every match win or lose is at least playable not just... get matched...see how stupid it is...come back later.....That's all we want to avoid.....again....AVOIDING...get matched, see how stupid it is....come back...

ta-ta

i get what you're saying, i'm just saying it won't matter much for you personally because you always lose eventhough you're already facing "losers" 2/3rds of the time. It will probably take around 20 cycles before you'll finally match a player you can beat.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Sooo sloooow

No point in even trying since you can get a ban for trying to hard

Really? I won my last 12 GA's in a row and haven't been banned
    Clearly you weren't tryimg hard enough. Slacker. :D

Or you were trying and they were not watching the last 12 GA. Those woke know of an "acceptable practice that went undiscussed" since inception since only some players knew how to game the system.
    Except for the fact that very few people knew how to manipulate mods in their favour, chances of running into one of those players weren't exactly high.
    Now everyone who's paying half attention knows how to get ahead in TW so they are cracking down and have raised the stakes. If you put extra effort into setting teams, making sure your modded right, doing all the battles for 6 days you get what? A couple mats? And what's the risk - a chance at losing your account forever.
    Extra effort? Risk? What are you even talking about? Simply because you can cheat with mods doesn't mean you have to. I strongly advice against it actually. I'm on a 30 round winstreak and i haven't changed mods mid GA. Just make sure your mods are set up properly before GA starts and you're golden, no extra effort needed and it's certainly not needed to cheat.

I've got 170+ 7* no reason to even risk competing GA personally. I'll take a 2nd or 3rd tier loot box and save myself 3 to 6 hours of time each GA.
    "Risk" competing in GA? haha. 3 to 6 hours? haha.

Now if there wasn't a way to manipulate the outcome (cheat or get cheated), if there was a big gap between 1st and the rest, and if the event didn't take a whole week then maybe I'd be motivated.

For now I agree 100% GA rewards are terrible for the effort to play it.

Evidence is most of my GA end up in a tie like 640 vs 640 and both teams have auto set defenses and no one even attacks. I don't care and usually they don't either were just collecting the participation trophies & loot.

You can simply be better than your opponent, who most likely isn't cheating. Especially not before the cheat became well known.
    It's okay if you don't like the game mode because you're outmatched alot and you can't win, but lets not pretent you didn't like it because of the cheating which you most likely weren't even aware of untill recently, or because the rewards are bad, or that it takes up too much time, or that you risk getting banned if you do try to win.

Yes 3 to 6 hours of gameplay for a chance at a couple extra mats.

You laugh at the time estimate but
    Last TW was 3/3/4/1 assume you fight each team once that's 11 battles at 5min each. 55 min, if you do more battles it can be another 30 or 60 minutes fighting. So 1 to 2 hours attacking. 3 days x 1-2 hours each is 3 to 6 hours.

Sure some battles don't go full 5 min but if u killing Yoda and needing a timeout so jolee doesn't res or using same strategy on ns they will last the full 5 min.

Op point is its not worth the effort, I agree. You just laughing about 3 to 6 hours but that's a real estimate.

I'd like to see someone scout mods, clear 11 fights on 3 different days all in less than 3 hours. Not impossible, but highly unlikely....