Thrawn? Mara Jade?

WooHooT
10 posts Member
edited March 2016
Wanted to see if everyone would want to see some characters from the original SW EU. I think it would be pretty epic and also a nice gesture to all the writers who have kept the fans hooked on this franchise over the past 3 decades.

Thrawn? Mara Jade? 54 votes

I would love to see SW EU characters added into the game.
74%
scubaRolfTelaanSyth_Hunterpip_ninjaSundodgermurton09ArillianDaris_FulkFAED_EmperorKrokovichPlague_IncTheShadow1983MateosiusRingAzraelrulezWillkimm98Xuvvix_63QuicksilverAlita 40 votes
I don't want to see these characters added into the game.
9%
SekuEllo_AstyGreg1920Mo_lizaJiinn 5 votes
Bacon
16%
MeetraSurikKr4itok_RobbathehuttNaugrinKeelo_RenHamSandwichThagarIbrahimDelphiAuriga 9 votes

Replies

• Bacon
    R2D2 or Ezra. But man... I want that Droid badly!!!
  • I would love to see SW EU characters added into the game.
    thrawn and mara jade? so much YES!!! those rare EU type characters were the characters I was most hoping would be added to this game when I started playing, im still holding out hope
  • Bacon
    I'd rather that Kotor be made canon. =/
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Janina and Jacen are hidden twins of Kylo? Or we find out Kylo's real name is Jacen.?
    give me bothans!
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I don't want to see these characters added into the game.
    Keep the EU stuff out of the game. So much terrible, terrible writing and lore.

Thrawn series was good but oh so much was awful
    Thankfully greg, you're in the minority, both in your opinion of whether the eu characters belong in the game, and you're in the EXTREME MINORITY as far as your opinion on the quality of eu writing and lore.

Btw greg, which books did YOU write in the eu? Oh yea, none. Easy to be an armchair qb huh?

I'd love to see Dark Jedi Luke, and the Yuuzahn Vong
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Ganner Rhysode. None shall pass!

Even being written by many different authors I loved the NJO series.
  • I don't want to see these characters added into the game.
    It is like fan fiction to me, albeit with some good chars
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Bacon
    Is it wrong that I want the noghri bodyguards that always called leia "lady vader?"
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Naugrin wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I want the noghri bodyguards that always called leia "lady vader?"
    They would be awsome. The Admiral Thrawn killers.
    Gallandro
    Kyp Durron
    Mara Jade
    Joruus C'Baoth
    Tenel Ka
    Lowbacca the Jedi wookie

And the list goes on.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Jedi Leia...
    scuba wrote: »
    Janina and Jacen are hidden twins of Kylo? Or we find out Kylo's real name is Jacen.?

Like his really real name? Han just calls him Ben for kicks?
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    It is like fan fiction to me, albeit with some good chars

Was it fan fiction to you before Disney wiped the slate, or after? Zahn wrote a great trilogy, and every author up until The Disney purchase drew from his writings and built onto them. That universe of stories became a part of my Star Wars world for a loooooong time. It still makes me sad to think Mara Jade won't be a part of it going forward.

- R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Dantefire wrote: »

I refuse to acknowledge that they picked that name. They took EU Luke/Mara kid name and gave to Han/Leia kid who, don't know Ren's entire back story, but became evil just like in the books...... Arg.

So I heard Disney has reversed its purging of the "historical documents."

Kylo will now be called Jacen, Rey will be Jaina (maybe she was frozen in carbonite as a child and didn't age?), and the next movie will feature lil' Ani with the bad temper.

No not really.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic

I refuse to acknowledge that they picked that name. They took EU Luke/Mara kid name and gave to Han/Leia kid who, don't know Ren's entire back story, but became evil just like in the books...... Arg.

**** me off as well

Yeah... I hear you.

I don't really think they did that, what you said, for that purpose though. Trying to pull pieces from what they've deemed the EU and meld them in in their own way. I think Ben was just another layer of the Abrams homage to Lucas.
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited March 2016

Yeah... I hear you.

I don't really think they did that, what you said, for that purpose though. Trying to pull pieces from what they've deemed the EU and meld them in in their own way. I think Ben was just another layer of the Abrams homage to Lucas.

True Dat.. In my crazy mind they did. Still loved the movie though.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Bacon
    Do you think R.A. Salvatore is happy or sad that he no longer killed Chewbacca?

Yeah... I hear you.

True Dat.. In my crazy mind they did. Still loved the movie though.

Yeah that's the thing... I did too. A lot. shame we can't have our cake and eat it too...
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
    Naugrin wrote: »

Now that you mention it, I want them too!