Q & A question bank (question only please, do not reply to anyone)

124Next

Replies

• Are there any plans to add a confirm button when spending crystals on Character/gear/ship packs. It can happen accidently and this seems like a safety net as EA refuse to offer a refund afterwards.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Does CG/EA work/plan to deceive and manipulate their player base, or is it just a gift that comes naturally?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Prosser
    283 posts Member
    Are there any plans to allow newer players to catch up? (Outside of spending $10000000000) I dont expect to be 4 mil+ gp in 6 months, but if someone starts now, 3.5 years into the game (it's been that long right?) In another 3.5 years you will still be 3.5 years behind. It's very difficult to convince someone to start playing a game that they can never have a chance to catch up to the current endgame and will always be behind.

Now I know, I know, new players are in shards of other new players so you dont need to catch up. However you are talking about two aspects of a vast game (squad and fleet arena) how about TB? Raids? The numerous events we have? These all take large developed squads that currently can take years to farm! And by the time you conquer the current content, there is 2-3 more years of content to try and catch up too.

My suggestion would be to take all the current store toons (cantina, guild tokens, squad arena, Galactic war, fleet arena, and even GET store toons) and halve the token cost of these toons. Then take a bunch of the older hard node farm toons and add them to the stores at the current store prices (ie 400 squad tokens for 5 shards etc) then you can continue using the hard nodes for just the new toons, without needing a new player to spend 4+ years farming the current hard nodes.

In summery, it's never a bad thing to make content more accessible to new players. Any plans to do this?
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    To pick only a single question, and one with a likelihood of being addressed...

Q: When do you intend to implement Ship Squads?
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • gusyud
    41 posts Member
    could there be a mandalorian faction/tag in the future? it might be accompanied by a mandalorian war event to get new mandalorian characters.
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    I'd really like the tons of useless gear we have addressed. Is there any plan to add a crafting system at some pint to the game where you can use tons of useless pieces of gear to craft a useful piece?

I ask because instead of using any of these pieces we already have thousands of that can't be used for new characters you created a completely new piece altogether which seemed completely unnecessary. I recognize that this was done to make money and allowing us to use what we already have doesn't get you money. That being said how about this? Instead of introducing new gear you introduce a "binding piece". The binding piece can be farmed somehow (LS/DS/Cantina/Raid/TW whatever you decide) and also possibly bought in stores for a high price. You need X pieces of "binding solution", Y piece of Gear A and Z pieces of Gear B and BAM you have gear C. Now you want C to D? Maybe you need 2X "binding solutions". Who knows. Your call.

Point is you can make money. We can use some trash gear we have stockpiled, we may even farm more normal LS/DS to get the base pieces at some point or use Ally Points, trade gear, all that good stuff. And as tie goes on rather than have to figure out where to shoe horn a new piece of gear you want people to farm you just make it something people have to create. Now you don't run out of places to stick them for farming. Yay!!!! We all win.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    I'll do a compilation so we all can send the same important questions so that they get answered
  • Ty ultra
  • Will there be an option to battle and/or test squads within our own guild?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Ordered by most Liked to Least with a minimum of 5 likes since we had a lot of them - Copy paste the following to the Q&A Form
    Sorted by importance

Q1) Last year, you mentioned that TW was being rushed for production and you were unable to implement a feature that allowed players to see which team attacked them and saving battles on TW so that others can see it, will you be adding those features again? If not battle replays, can we get the "Who attacked whom?" During the review phase? Due to strategy involved in Grand Arena, and TW of hidden territories, I think we should be able to see who attacked your team during the review phase and a log to see who attacked which and which guild member left a loaded Turn Meter team

Q2) During the last Q&A a year ago, it was stated CG was aware putting characters on single hard nodes was not a great solution and your staff was looking at options. It’s been a full year and you still put characters on single hard nodes. What is CGs plan to fix this 3 year old issue?

Q3) Can the daily challenges be updated sometime to actually be challenging and give gear we need? Mace’s challenge in particular has terrible rewards.

Q4) Can we get the dislike button on the forums again?

Q5) Any more Solo content planned?

Q6) I like the new Geonosis TB idea... but what about the droid attack on the Wookiee’s?

Q7) Reportedly hundreds of cheaters were removed from the game for illegal buying of third party crystal sales. Why have those accounts been allowed back and only given a 3 month ban? The ban is now irrelevant since Revan and Darth Revan now appear so frequently as to be monthly. Those players are also back in the top spots in Arena and Fleet. What is being done or has been done to protect the player base from these abuses moving forward.

Q8) May we have a QOL to sell mods from inbox?

Q9) How frequent will we be getting Mythic Battles? Once a quarter? Once every six months? Because the amount of GET we need to farm one toon from Mythic Battles is incredibly steep, after accounting to two TBs, TW, and Sith Raid rewards. The point of the Guild Event Store, according to your team when it was launched, was to provide a source of gear and alleviate the gear crunch but now it looks like you want to increase the gear crunch. Introducing two new gear pieces was also a form of reducing the need for the same gear pieces but its just increasing the gear crunch. Do you plan on reducing the cost of GET for toons, or gear or increase GET we get from existing sources without introducing new ones?

Q10) You keep touting improved and more professional communication. Can you delve into a individual level as to what that means because since that promise the communication has been pretty bad. And can you speak to how crumb is filling his role as Community Manager when he rarely logs onto the forums and only responds to positive critiques?

Q11) Is max level and/or max gear increase coming in forseeable future?

Q12) The ability to sell gear was disabled so players don't make mistakes, so why is there a cap on mod inventory, forcing us to sell mods when the danger of accidentaly selling good ones is even bigger?

Q13) In the 4/10 road ahead, you stated that "variety" and a "balanced arena" were the arena meta goal. Then 5 days later, reworked Malak's kit to intentionally eliminate several optional counters.

Please explain how you reconcile these two seemingly opposing views.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited May 2019
    I took out or avoided the questions CG said they will not answer so that the questions aren't invalid:
    The following questions I did not include or edited out so that the above questions aren't invalid but if you want to include it since its popular by the community you can:

Q) Beckett and his crew coming to the game? (10 likes)

Q) Will we be getting another capital ship this year? (8 likes)

Q) Any hope of bringing literature characters to the game (ex: Aphra, Mister Bones). (6 likes)

If you guys feel like adding those questions in, do so at your own leisure
  • Q) When will CG stop listening to the crybabies that complain about everything they do and start trying to make the game better again?
  • Why does GG only occasionally appear in Fleet store and cost so ridiculously much in shard currency? Why is there never a plan to release characters to better areas for players to obtain them?
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    Question: Is Grievous going to get a second rework? He was underwhelming from the start, and so far his only use is as a GA squad, useless in arena and doubly useless in raids, unable to even beat the Rancor raid.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Here is where everyone should be submitting these questions now.
This discussion has been closed.