Mismatched in the GA again

Gruny
12 posts Member
Hey, if you like me, I've found myself in the GA way overmatched. I usually look the opponents inventory to see where they are and if I have a chance. The answer is usually no, myself, I'm rated in the Arena around 235 to 300k. Ok but terrible, 91 in the Fleet arena. But this player I'm up against is number 7 in the Arena and 4th in fleet arena.
Check out the screenshot, think I'm overmatched?bhbl65qh5xfi.png

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    What's your GP? And your opponent's GP?
  • Gruny
    12 posts Member
    Hi there, thanks for replying but I'm in another mismatch, my GP is close to theirs at 4 million, what I don't understand is how I get into these categories.
    My next opponent is rated 6th in the arena and 14 in fleet arena. Here's a screenshothw6ixp3i9kw0.png
  • It's not a mismatch. GA matching is based on GP, not arena ranks.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Gruny wrote: »
    Hi there, thanks for replying but I'm in another mismatch, my GP is close to theirs at 4 million,....

Seems like a fair match to me if your character GPs match as well.

• Gruny
    12 posts Member
    Well, I know it seems, as though this is the case, however, here's another match. I'm in way over my head in these matches. I have very few g12 characters and am working towards that end. But hey, here's my next match in GA right now.qy2wm28q4g4l.png
    7i7k80z53uxr.png
  • GA is matched entirely on GP, it’s not taking into account what your arena/fleet arena ranks are.

You are at 4 million GP and have very few G12 characters? 😬 you are in a very difficult bracket.. there’s honestly not much you can do until that problem is solved
  • Gruny
    12 posts Member
    Thank you for bringing me back to reality.
  • You are obviously not a competitive player, if you had played the game as intended and maxed out characters, you would not have as much problem, if you end up going against someone that much better than you, its probably because they have been very diligent about the resources they used and probably put money into the game. There is nothing wrong with FTP, but dont expect not to be put up against better people when your not striving to be the best. That being said, These new changes they are proposing to GA may destroy it. Why should someone who has put all the money and time into the game in the correct way to maximize themselves be forced to play against people who are much higher gp but just so happen to have close to the same number of g10+ in their roster? I play this game to be top of my GP dont punish me because whiny people want to complain that they cant win when they dont even try(in a smart way at least)
  • It seems that you are not the only one. I love grand arena and especially 3v3. But the matchmaking is either horrible or fair. I am a terrible match up for some of my opponents and some other opponents are terrible match up for me. Meaning that in my last 2 grand arenas, 2 of my opponents where more than 200k gp over than me with almost all the legendaries and both revans.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    AlexBallas wrote: »
    I am a terrible match up for some of my opponents and some other opponents are terrible match up for me. Meaning that in my last 2 grand arenas, 2 of my opponents where more than 200k gp over than me with almost all the legendaries and both revans.

If you experience 200k GP differences, you really should document and report is a bug. Just be aware, that in GAs without ships, you are matched by character GP and not total GP.

• Yeah GP is a very poor indicator of a good matchup. What they should be looking at is top- and second-echelon character squads first (Revan/Darth Revan, Malak, Padme, Chewie - Traya, JTR, CLS, Bossk), then Arena rank, and then total number of Gear 12 characters. All of these are better indicators for matchup strength than Galactic Power.

And if they are really serious about promoting character inventory depth, there should be rotating "fixed" matchups, like all First Order, all Old Republic, etc. Maybe even have some fixed character rosters, or a few fixed character spots. Also, there should be some random matchups, where the AI selects your roster at random, or at least partially. Or mirror matches, where your characters are matched against an exact squad of the same characters in your opponent's roster, chosen by AI or fixed. This way, you have to build out your whole roster to be competitive, instead of these top-heavy specially designed arena inventories.