Is this Working as Intended

Prev1
Radonis
504 posts Member
So Bonus tier of Defense of Dathomir Dooku is basically immune to My Thrawns Fracture he still counters and he still gains Protection i cannot beat it. I cant do enough damage to him when under stealth so he doesnt counter. Also even with Tenacity down he doesnt get stunned. I am at a loss on what to do. I am Using CLS GMY Thrawn R2 and Baze. I might try a Emperor Palp team with shock to see if that works but i dunno.

Replies

• Radonis
    504 posts Member
    Ok its not Working as intended as i did as Nihilus Anihilate and it didnt even take half his protection off. I guess ill report this bug in the bug section
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes it is WAI, he has the raid boss tag in thie event. Fracture and annihilate will work like a raid boss and not a normal toon.
  • Radonis
    504 posts Member
    So how is this beatable? i beat it before but now it seems impossible he always gains his protection back even with shock on him.
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    link your roster if you'd like some help
  • Esmatt
    11 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Use r2 to smokescreen, only attack dooku. Once stealth goes away attack the droids till r2 has smokescreen again. I run cls, solo, chewie, r2, gmy
  • Radonis
    504 posts Member
    I might try that i usually killed off the droids cause B2 clears the Buffs. i might Kill b2 then go after Dooku
  • ButtrmlkPncakes
    51 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    If you use your nightsisters I believe you still have access to the event ability that lands daze on Dooku. It still takes a year to beat him into submission but if you daze him you're good since he won't be able to counter and regain protection. You could even run a normal team and put Asajj in the squad to get the daze ability. Also you could use a toon that lands daze. If you're running a rebel squad, consider putting Zeb in with CLS for the daze on basic. Here are more characters with daze that you can bring in to prevent the counter attacks. Normal raid bosses are immune to daze but Dooku isn't even though he has a lot of tendencies of raid bosses in this event (immune to massive damage/annihilate, fracture doesn't prevent him from taking turns). Hope that helps!
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    I use DRevan :p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Daze helps. Healing immunity does too. I usually run an empire team with death trooper. If you wanted to get cheeky, you could use a zeta Vader lead and just let the dots pile up until you can get off a massive culling blade.
  • Wxrlock
    55 posts Member
    Lol.. I just hit auto and walk away. There is nothing wrong with that event. You just have to use a more effective team.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Daze renders Dooku pretty much impotent, or just punch him really hard in the face.
    Still not a he.
  • I used Resistance. Landed daze on Dooku with RJT, and with all the TM gain that the team has, the enemy didn’t even take a turn.
  • I used JKRevan team w/Bastila and Yoda spreading around the buffs. He was still annoying but after a few buffed team mass attacks in whittled away at him. Take the rest of the enemies out first and it gets easier.
  • I had to use Jedi training Rey resistance, JKR and my sith Squad couldn't beat it.
  • Nestsisters worked for me quite well! Talzin(L) Asajj, Daka, zombie and Nest, highly recommended!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I use DRevan :p

I use my 7* Padmé lead GR team. They're fun too. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Talzin with nighties will eventually kill him with plague. He'll keep beating up on the zombie. Just go auto and wait, like, an hour or two.
    Or as mentioned, the special daze ability is useful to keep him from countering and keep his protection down. I just tried to use non-damaging abilities, so he doesn't counter, until a daze landed then go to town.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Yes it is WAI, he has the raid boss tag in thie event. Fracture and annihilate will work like a raid boss and not a normal toon.

Funny, I noticed this for first time today too and was curious. Thanks for the answer.
  • NS team will make quick work of it.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    NS team will make quick work of it.

Will they? Plague is pretty useless against Dooku due to the different calculation of % health effects on raid bosses.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member

That’s 100% not true. In the Defense of Dathomir event, Dooku is most certainly described as a Boss. Absolutely no question there. But, Thrawn’s fracture has a separate criteria for “Raid” bosses. DoD is not a raid, so in DoD, Dooku is not, and cannot be, a “Raid” Boss.

This is just one more example of how inept the devs (and their forum moderator minions) are. If all “Bosses” carry the same weight, they should just say “Boss”, not “Raid Boss”. If there is a difference between a generic “Boss” and a “Raid Boss”, that should be explicit.

Sorry, Kyno. You’re wrong. Again.
  • Cweneldic
    100 posts Member
    My NS team can take it without losing anyone, but it takes me like 10+ minutes. my JKR team did it in 3-5 lol. ofc my JKR team has a g12 JKR while my NS has a g11 asajj, rest g10. I had been wondering why dooku was never stunned by JKR's direct focus though. that makes sense now
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

That’s 100% not true. In the Defense of Dathomir event, Dooku is most certainly described as a Boss. Absolutely no question there. But, Thrawn’s fracture has a separate criteria for “Raid” bosses. DoD is not a raid, so in DoD, Dooku is not, and cannot be, a “Raid” Boss.

This is just one more example of how inept the devs (and their forum moderator minions) are. If all “Bosses” carry the same weight, they should just say “Boss”, not “Raid Boss”. If there is a difference between a generic “Boss” and a “Raid Boss”, that should be explicit.

Sorry, Kyno. You’re wrong. Again.

While it's not a raid, Dooku still counts as a "raid" boss and has the corresponding effects applied to him. No stun/shock/fear/ability lock, reduced % health damage and so on.
  • D4ni
    10 posts Member
    stun, stun and more stun
    JTR team (r2d2, bb8...) works well and fast
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    It’s either a raid, or it’s not. The DoD event is most definitely not a raid. So Dooku cannot be a Raid Boss as described.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    If Thrawn’s ability stated “Boss”, it would be WAI. But, that’s not what it says.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    From the event designer:
    mqra4m2tblp1.png
    In this thread: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/179129/defense-of-dathomir-changes

"Raid boss" is a character tag in game which changes how certain attacks work on them. Doesn't have to be in a raid. Think you should maybe apologise to Kyno for being so rude, and the OP for spreading misinformation.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Nope. No apology forthcoming. DoD isn’t a raid. Therefore, there is no Raid Boss present. If the intent is that ALL bosses are treated as raid bosses, they shouldn’t differentiate that some abilities are specific to “raid” bosses. Is it too much to ask that ability descriptions are accurate? I think not.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Nope. No apology forthcoming. DoD isn’t a raid. Therefore, there is no Raid Boss present. If the intent is that ALL bosses are treated as raid bosses, they shouldn’t differentiate that some abilities are specific to “raid” bosses. Is it too much to ask that ability descriptions are accurate? I think not.

Ok, so Dooku is "Extra special event (but totally not raid) boss", which just so happens to work exactly like a raid boss. Better now?