Is Malak event difficult or just another RNG one?

I heard that the event was difficult, I 7 starred and push my toons at the bare 16500 minimum. Will that be enough if I keep enough gear for DR to be at a 16500 power level as well ? I can’t see a bare minimum level in a video because all the firsts Malaks were done with a full gear XII teams, and we all know that the level required is 16500 per toon. Sorry for my english, I hope my message is clear enough!

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    17,500 power is required.

Dark side isn't too difficult, but a lot of people struggled with light side initially. Zetas on Zaalbar and Mission certainly help, and I'd recommend searching YouTube for the strategy people used to beat it
  • Thanks, I thought it was 16500, i would have been very disappointed :D But is the event RNG dependant or just strategy, that is my question?
  • Strategy to get to the point where u fight Malak by himself, RNG that things go smoothly from then on
    518 posts Member
    This is the first and only hard event. It's RNG only considering the crits at first but then when he absorb the crit immunity guy this problem is fixed. As synergy is limited between Big Z mission and the jedi, it's making it a harder as well.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I would say strategy is a bigger factor relative to RNG than is the case in other recent events, but RNG is still a factor.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Dark is laughable easy, light requires near maxed guys with good mods and potentially Mission's zeta
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Everything is strategy, unless you're going in with a suboptimal team. Luckely there's a GP minimum which prevents players from going in severely undergeared and blaming it all on RNG.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Would you mind to check my light team and tell me if it is good enough plz? I will focus on zalbar and mission till the event start ;) TY
  • Gcdevil
    153 posts Member
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    Dark is laughable easy, light requires near maxed guys with good mods and potentially Mission's zeta

I was told Missions zeta can make it harder than necessary
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Everything is strategy, unless you're going in with a suboptimal team. Luckely there's a GP minimum which prevents players from going in severely undergeared and blaming it all on RNG.

This. I’d say if you didn’t choose Big Z the event might be a nightmare. But if you have the proper team it’s a wonderful event. Once I got the strategy figured out I was able to do it multiple times with no losses. And yes, I did it multiple times because for the first time ever I actually enjoyed playing the event and repeated it for no additional rewards
  • leef wrote: »

This. I’d say if you didn’t choose Big Z the event might be a nightmare. But if you have the proper team it’s a wonderful event. Once I got the strategy figured out I was able to do it multiple times with no losses. And yes, I did it multiple times because for the first time ever I actually enjoyed playing the event and repeated it for no additional rewards

How does it work, you unlock him at 5* and have to purchase some in the guild store or is it possible to unlock itvstraight at 7* ? I have no information on this point ?
  • Gcdevil wrote: »
    Zombie961 wrote: »

I was told Missions zeta can make it harder than necessary

I had a lot of issues because of it. She hits hard enough to trigger the drain life ability, and then you can just restart
  • Spharynx01 wrote: »
    I heard that the event was difficult, I 7 starred and push my toons at the bare 16500 minimum. Will that be enough if I keep enough gear for DR to be at a 16500 power level as well ? I can’t see a bare minimum level in a video because all the firsts Malaks were done with a full gear XII teams, and we all know that the level required is 16500 per toon. Sorry for my english, I hope my message is clear enough!

Don't forget the 68,400 guild event currency you will need after obtaining Malak if you want him at 7 stars.

It should've been 48,600 guild event currency but just for Malak... they increased the cost for his character shards even though one can argue why the high power limit for a 5 star followed by being forced to drain a source of currency needed for gearing.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Dark side is fully lulz status. Whatever you need to meet the power requirement is fine. I got it on the second try, and I only failed the first time because I just went ham on AOEs at the start and malak ended up absorbing most of the tanks.

Light side is brutally difficult. Once you get the strategy down it's not too terribly difficult to get it down to just Malak by himself, but after that there's a fair amount of prayer to RNGesus, hallowed be thy code, that determines whether or not you'll be able to kill him before he drains you to death.

Admittedly my mods were not amazing - I'm sure that if you're one of those lucky buttholes with piles of 20+ speed mods just lying around, it's not nearly as bad. For my part, I beat it with Mission & Z both dead, everyone else in the red, and Malak at 28 stacks of Rage (he goes supersaiyan at 30 stacks).
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Spharynx01 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

How does it work, you unlock him at 5* and have to purchase some in the guild store or is it possible to unlock itvstraight at 7* ? I have no information on this point ?

You can only unlock at 5*, the only way to get the remaining shards is to purchase them in the guild event store (not the guild store).
  • Spharynx01 wrote: »

Don't forget the 68,400 guild event currency you will need after obtaining Malak if you want him at 7 stars.

It should've been 48,600 guild event currency but just for Malak... they increased the cost for his character shards even though one can argue why the high power limit for a 5 star followed by being forced to drain a source of currency needed for gearing.

Thanks for the tip... that is absolutely insane... I know CG is a cash machine, but i don’t get why they release an event with very high needs and you can’t get him at 7*... disappointing...