evoluza wrote: »
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    phartung55 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    No one can give a $$ to product in exact terms.

Except Carrie. She pretty much confirmed 5k a year is what they expect

maybe you should go read that again, because that is absolutely not what she said.

Correct. She said 4-5k would be the potential cost to get "caught up" to launch shards if starting from scratch. Not that they expect everyone to do this nor do they require it.

Sorry, but no. $4-5k to catch up IS her expectation. That’s what she said. She said nothing about potential. That’s her expectation. Not a requirement. But, her expectation. Read her post again. That’s what she said.

She used the word "expect" in the same way as "if you go outside while it's raining without an umbrella I'd expect you to get wet", rather than a manager telling a team "I expect you to exceed all targets this week". It was incredibly obvious too, but folk who had already made up their mind she's inherently evil and bad at her job just let that cloud their ability to understand very plain English.

If people typically do something, it can be expected that people will typically do that thing. In this case, Carrie stated that she expects people to pay $4-5k to catch up. That is likely because people typically spend $4-5k to catch up. (I assume that they have data that confirms this.)

That said, there was no mention of potential cost, or any expectation that every player spend that much. That is what I was replying to.

And for the record, I do think that Carrie is bad at her job. But that doesn’t change the fact the she said what she did. Nor does it change the fact that those expectations are likely accurate.

Carrie didn't bring the 4-5k up.
    Some dude asked if they have to spend 4-5k to keep up. She said indirectly yes

It wasn’t indirect. It was very direct.
  • Baby need a bah bah? I bet you go to fast food joints and badger them about their dollar menu
  • Warmog wrote: »
    I hope this question can be answered by the dev. team.

Can it clear what we get if we spend X-dollars or share the general earnings the game expects/needs? A pay scheme expectations for the power/competitive folks, for the long time causal loyal players, for free to play players that will shell out on special occasions, or players that will always be free to play. I believe you have customers in each segment and if the right set of expectations are set for each you shall be reward with your goal of increased revenues.

As a Disney game, I find it hard to recommend my kids and younger relatives to play this game and enjoy it.

For example, if you spend around X , then you will likely do well in X events and place in the top.

Or wait for events to come back after you've used your plentiful free resources to focus on your goals like everyone else. It's a business they don't work for free. Get over it they'll be fine without you or your recommendations. What a waste of thoughts words and effort.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    newsflash: people do spend 4/5k to catch up
    What do y'all want carrie to say? That she's suprised that people spend that much money on this game?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • $0. That’s my new yearly spend amount after this last couple months’ shenanigans. Used to be maybe $500.
  • Darth_cowboy
    1139 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    If you are starting fresh it's over 25k to catch all the way up but you'll be short on zetas
  • Then 500 dollars for every new character or ship that comes out
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    If you are starting fresh it's over 25k to catch all the way up but you'll be short on zetas

Catch up with whom, exactly?

I’ve been playing since February 2016. Why do you need to catch up with me? We won’t ever face off in Arena, our guilds will have different GPs so we won’t face off in Territory Wars.

You’re spending a thousand dollars or whatever for what, exactly? Being in first place in your arena leaderboard so you can get free crystals every day? Let me know when someone earns a thousand dollars worth of free crystals to offset that “catching up” investment.

I never understood the obsession with catching up or keeping up. Who cares?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

Catch up with whom, exactly?

I’ve been playing since February 2016. Why do you need to catch up with me? We won’t ever face off in Arena, our guilds will have different GPs so we won’t face off in Territory Wars.

You’re spending a thousand dollars or whatever for what, exactly? Being in first place in your arena leaderboard so you can get free crystals every day? Let me know when someone earns a thousand dollars worth of free crystals to offset that “catching up” investment.

I never understood the obsession with catching up or keeping up. Who cares?

Shhhhhh! People that are trying to catch up keep the game alive!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Warmog wrote: »

Can it clear what we get if we spend X-dollars or share the general earnings the game expects/needs? A pay scheme expectations for the power/competitive folks, for the long time causal loyal players, for free to play players that will shell out on special occasions, or players that will always be free to play. I believe you have customers in each segment and if the right set of expectations are set for each you shall be reward with your goal of increased revenues.

As a Disney game, I find it hard to recommend my kids and younger relatives to play this game and enjoy it.

For example, if you spend around X , then you will likely do well in X events and place in the top.

There was a tweet. Some dev said 5 racks a year minimum.
  • Whether what Carrie said was direct or in direct or just her personal opinion, it doesn't really matter. The game is speaking for itself on how much it costs to 'catch up'. $10 for one piece of gear. Or even more sometimes. So ya, if a player chooses to spend money, it would literally cost thousands of dollars.

So please keep defending her poor choice in words. Cause neither her, CG nor EA are trying to release content at a reasonable cost.
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    Nasdadjr wrote: »
    This has to be one of the dumbest questions ever. Why would they ever do that? It makes zero sense because if someone spends x dollars but doesn't get the =x result then they set themselves up for criticism

I agree. One of the dumbest posts ever. I can't believe I even wasted my time reading it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

You're misinformed and are misinforming others. If you don't know what you're talking about, it's better to just not talk at all.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Ironicstan wrote: »
    Whether what Carrie said was direct or in direct or just her personal opinion, it doesn't really matter. The game is speaking for itself on how much it costs to 'catch up'. $10 for one piece of gear. Or even more sometimes. So ya, if a player chooses to spend money, it would literally cost thousands of dollars.

So please keep defending her poor choice in words. Cause neither her, CG nor EA are trying to release content at a reasonable cost.

Well, they're releasing the content free of charge....
    There's ofcourse the option to spend thousands of dollars, or way less than that, but it's definately not necessary to spend to enjoy the game.
    I'd also like to note that everyone who just started playing that wants to catch up with players who've been player for well over 3 years is a fool if they think it shouldn't cost thousands of dollars. Lets be real.
    I do agree that the pricess in this game are high, but that's just one of the reasons it's so f2p friendly.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

No there wasn't.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    This is why, no matter what you think of CG, they are in a no-win situation. They say nothing, they get bashed. They say anything, they get both bashed and misrepresented. Is it any wonder they prefer to say nothing?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH