Am I Malak Ready?

Letareus
103 posts Member
Since there is no forum for the Malak event, this is the next closest thing.

https://swgoh.gg/p/342639299/characters/?f=Old+Republic
https://swgoh.gg/p/342639299/characters/?f=Sith+Empire

Am I ready for Darth Malak? Unsure about whether I need additional zetas or not.

Also, since I zeta'd Carth and G12'd Mission, Zaalbar, and Juhani, how do I turn my Old Republic characters into a viable team for GA/TW? I will probably G12 Carth eventually, but kind of wanted to G12 T3 because of Ebon Hawk. T3 seems kind of useless so far though, and I hear Canderous is important. And what zetas are most important, and in what order?

Replies

• Letareus wrote: »

Am I ready for Darth Malak? Unsure about whether I need additional zetas or not.

Also, since I zeta'd Carth and G12'd Mission, Zaalbar, and Juhani, how do I turn my Old Republic characters into a viable team for GA/TW? I will probably G12 Carth eventually, but kind of wanted to G12 T3 because of Ebon Hawk. T3 seems kind of useless so far though, and I hear Canderous is important. And what zetas are most important, and in what order?

From all of the guides I've seen, you're definitely Malak ready. I didn't check out your mods, but there are set mods you should definitely have for the event (Zaalbar for speed, JKRevan for offense, etc).

I use Old Republic for Grand Arena and TW, Canderous is important. You'll want Mission and Zaalbar's zetas (in that order). Canderous' zeta literally doesn't matter at all. Like you can get it, but no. T3 is best used in a droid (or Resistance) team, not with OR. Again, like it's an option, but seriously, don't. Juhani's zeta is helpful, but not imperative. That's the third (and last one) that you need, if you want it at all. But definitely prioritize Mission, then Big Z, then Juhani for zetas, you have everything else.

Also, definitely gear up Canderous. After you give him the stun gun for g8 (or 9), you can basically instantly bring him up to 12, it is incredibly easy and really convenient.
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    Letareus wrote: »

From all of the guides I've seen, you're definitely Malak ready. I didn't check out your mods, but there are set mods you should definitely have for the event (Zaalbar for speed, JKRevan for offense, etc).

I use Old Republic for Grand Arena and TW, Canderous is important. You'll want Mission and Zaalbar's zetas (in that order). Canderous' zeta literally doesn't matter at all. Like you can get it, but no. T3 is best used in a droid (or Resistance) team, not with OR. Again, like it's an option, but seriously, don't. Juhani's zeta is helpful, but not imperative. That's the third (and last one) that you need, if you want it at all. But definitely prioritize Mission, then Big Z, then Juhani for zetas, you have everything else.

Also, definitely gear up Canderous. After you give him the stun gun for g8 (or 9), you can basically instantly bring him up to 12, it is incredibly easy and really convenient.

Thanks, I didn't realize Canderous was so easy to gear.

Thanks, I didn't realize Canderous was so easy to gear.

He's probably the easiest character to gear up, honestly. He uses a bunch of things that no one else does and I had hundreds in surplus.
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    So, if I make this team, zCarth, zMission, zZaalbar, Juhani, and Canderous, what is it good for? Any phases in HSTR? Also, what 3 man GA team should I make out of it?
    So, if I make this team, zCarth, zMission, zZaalbar, Juhani, and Canderous, what is it good for? Any phases in HSTR? Also, what 3 man GA team should I make out of it?

That team is good for TW/GA. For 3v3, it would be Carth, Mission, Zaalbar.

Juhani is really bad, if you have something else to use like Vandor, Wampa, even Shaman.
  • Geshtianna wrote: »

That team is good for TW/GA. For 3v3, it would be Carth, Mission, Zaalbar.

Juhani is really bad, if you have something else to use like Vandor, Wampa, even Shaman.

Juhani provides a much needed cleanse for the team, as well as providing stuns, staggers, and ensuring that Zaalbar gets a taunt + retribution up whenever she takes damage. She is also Old Republic, so she will still be calling assists, unlike the three you suggested. Juhani is not really bad, she's really dang useful, if you use her correctly.

@Letareus, that team is perfect for GA, and he was correct for 3v3 as well. If you want to use them in HSTR, I'd recommend P2 (Sion) using zzHYoda or zWampa instead, simply because Juhani's cleanse and debuffs don't work well enough in the raid. Yoda will call a TON of assists and provide constant healing coupled with Carth's lead, whereas Wampa will of course add more DOTs and get a ton of offense, as he usually does.
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    OK, so after spending the past 7 days grinding gear for Canderous and spending tons of crystal refreshes and currency on gear for him, I've realized that Canderous being an instant g12 after g8 is totally false. I was too lazy to look up his gear after reading responses on this thread and just took peoples' word for it. I should have taken to the old adage - trust, but verify - but laziness won out.

After getting g8, which took more than expected - 100 mk3 carbantis, 50 stun guns, and 50 stun cuffs, I was hit with another 100 mk3 carbantis, 50 stun guns, and 50 stun cuffs to go from g8 to g9. So I was like, maybe that's what was meant by the g8 stun gun. I was met with another 50 stun cuffs from g9-g10.

Maybe some people have surpluses of stun cuffs but to me they're close to carbanti level in how much they're used and I'm always short on them. Then I saw the g10-g11 requirements and it needed another 50 stun cuffs and the real killer - a full mk 8 biotech implant - the dreaded 50/60 golden eyeballs which I'm always short of because almost every character takes ridiculous amounts of - something that's imo in far shorter supply for me than stun guns and carbantis. It also takes 50 taggeco holo lenses which are usually not in such high demand but whcih I have 0 of atm.

So I finally went to look up the gear requirements. And g11-g12 is ridiculous - it takes another 50 stun cuffs, and the worst piece of gear to get, a full mk 6 a/kt stun gun - something that takes a ton of high demand mats including a full mk8 biotech implant, 50 carbantis, 50 stun guns, and 50 mk 4 zaltin bacta gel salvage. This is the bottleneck mat for a lot of (probably most) g11-g12's. Also 50 mk 9 biotech implants which I would have to farm almost from scratch.

Bottom line, Canderous Ordo is NOT even close to being an instant g12 after g8 unless you're someone who's played for years with every character maxed and just sitting on piles of mats. He's not an expensive character to g12, but he's not a free g12 either. He's pretty much a standard character to g12 in line with most other characters.

So my Canderous is going to be stuck at g10 for a long time now - he is not worth the expense to g12 atm when I have so many other greater priorities. I'm not sure whether to use him at G10 or Juhani at G12.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I don’t know why people were saying he’s easy to g12, but the issue is that his zeta is pretty bad. So you are trading that extra gear for a zeta you wouldn’t otherwise want.