Unfair competitiveness

Unaic
5 posts Member
Hi I want to report about an unfair situation that has been going on not only for me, but for other players that I have spoken that are willing to complain. My situation in ships arena is in total disadvantage and not in equal conditions of competitiveness, I have a strong ships roster with meta ships and characters developed, with zetas and gold mods and in this particular arena climbing is impossible since there is a group of over 50 people making the competitiveness and the fun of the game dissappear using organized systems to attack during payouts. Obviously the situation was dealt with in the time and helped but situation got worse and there is no more options for us than complain until we get an opportunity to compite in same conditions to any other player in the game. What I want personally is a change of ship arena and the complaints will stop, I hope for a reaction on my case since I'm a loyal costumer that had invested a lot on this game, cordially I ask for a change as soon as possible, thank you.

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Unaic wrote: »
    Obviously the situation was dealt with in the time and helped but situation got worse and there is no more options for us than complain until we get an opportunity to compite in same conditions to any other player in the game.

1) How was the situation dealt with? Shard chats (which I assume is your complaint, it's a bit unclear) have been a thing forever and have not changed.
    2) You do have the opportunity to compete in the same conditions.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    2) You do have the opportunity to compete in the same conditions.

Not always the case. There are shards that have a cap on the number of people they allow in. If you're not allowed to at least organize with the shard then that really is feces. The only way to really deal with the shard chat issue is to mix up the shards a couple of times a week at least. The problem is having the same group of people forever.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Shards will never be mixed up, the devs have stated that and it will cause way more problems than it fixes.
  • Unaic
    5 posts Member
    Hello there,

To answer to your questions:

1) Shard chats are and always have been a thing but I still haven't heard about a group of 52 members and trust me I have heard of many groups, it is not fair to have a better team than many other guys getting better rewards in other shards, obviously in my opinion.

2) You don't have the opportunity to compete in the same conditions when you have been from the start in the biggest ship arena in the game, which I have to admit that was divided, (really don't changed nothing for me), and having to compete with more players than any other arena in the game.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    And while we're at it....

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1822040/#Comment_1822040

NovaPrime: Are you aware of what many consider "Arena Mafias" that basically kill competition at the top 50 and people outside of those groups to be specifically targeted and excluded, forcing them to waste more crystals than they should due to their skill level just because a group of people want the easy way of getting those rewards?

[JS] We're aware that some players communicate and coordinate with other players in their respective Arena Leaderboards. As of now, we have no plans to intervene in that behavior. It's a fine line between malicious behavior and cheating, we have several cheating experts who monitor the community and their behavior, but we also don't want to go overboard.
  • Unaic
    5 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    TVF, here you have another message from another player in the same situation:

: The sand of ships is still saturated despite the division that was already there some time ago. This leaves several players at a disadvantage no matter how much we equip the ships, since the chat of this arena consists of 52 players and it is logical that they do not even consider accepting anyone else. After contacting the chat of that arena, the conclusion is that the only way to access the important prizes is to spend twice as much time, triple of crystals and still it is easy between 52 to block the ascent with chain attacks. So we are at a disadvantage, that does not allow us to advance to the level of other users despite investing a lot of time, equipment and having formations of ships superior to those of others (in addition to skill and experience in using them) that do not even have to compete to get to the top of the ranking in charging time, since in their servers the opposite happens and they are willing to host more members in the chat. The fairest and most evident solution seems to be to simply switch to another less saturated server (which we hear continually talking about) that would allow us to move the game to the level we should after 3 years. This is precisely why we do not start a new account, it is a frustrating situation that makes us think about the possibility of throwing in the towel and looking for another game. This concern is shared with several players with whom I have a relationship and there will be many others that we see daily in the arena, from other countries that are in a similar situation. What is not known to anyone who has to fight another 50 in any other arena in any other server, we have never heard any of them in all this time and that which in its day was already tried to decongest the server by dividing it as I pointed out at the beginning of this instance.
    My user in the game is Cheroky and I think I speak at least on behalf of Unaic and DZ as well. My player id is X X X X X
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I'm sorry you seem to be in a bad situation but I'm not sure what you want done that won't negatively affect many more players than a few on your shard.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member

: The sand of ships is still saturated despite the division that was already there some time ago. This leaves several players at a disadvantage no matter how much we equip the ships, since the chat of this arena consists of 52 players and it is logical that they do not even consider accepting anyone else. After contacting the chat of that arena, the conclusion is that the only way to access the important prizes is to spend twice as much time, triple of crystals and still it is easy between 52 to block the ascent with chain attacks. So we are at a disadvantage, that does not allow us to advance to the level of other users despite investing a lot of time, equipment and having formations of ships superior to those of others (in addition to skill and experience in using them) that do not even have to compete to get to the top of the ranking in charging time, since in their servers the opposite happens and they are willing to host more members in the chat. The fairest and most evident solution seems to be to simply switch to another less saturated server (which we hear continually talking about) that would allow us to move the game to the level we should after 3 years. This is precisely why we do not start a new account, it is a frustrating situation that makes us think about the possibility of throwing in the towel and looking for another game. This concern is shared with several players with whom I have a relationship and there will be many others that we see daily in the arena, from other countries that are in a similar situation. What is not known to anyone who has to fight another 50 in any other arena in any other server, we have never heard any of them in all this time and that which in its day was already tried to decongest the server by dividing it as I pointed out at the beginning of this instance.
    My user in the game is Cheroky and I think I speak at least on behalf of Unaic and DZ as well. My player id is x x x x x

What a wall of text, not going to read it. Paragraphs, dude/dudette. Just wanted to advise you to remove that PlayerID before your account is stolen from you. Ally codes fine, PlayerID not.
  • Unaic
    5 posts Member
    I'm sorry you seem to be in a bad situation but I'm not sure what you want done that won't negatively affect many more players than a few on your shard.

I think the solution it's pretty clear being not one that affects nobody, they should change me and the other guys that I mentioned to another arena where we have a normal opportunity to compete, bigger arenas weren't meant to be in the first place of they want to really fix the situation that could be a way to do it, even though all the possible crystals lost couldn't be recovered I would be satisfied with a change, it is just the fair thing to do and I'm not willing to give up on a change since I have been stuck in this bad situation like you said for more or less 2 years.
  • Unaic
    5 posts Member

My user in the game is Cheroky and I think I speak at least on behalf of Unaic and DZ as well. My player id is x x x x x

What a wall of text, not going to read it. Paragraphs, dude/dudette. Just wanted to advise you to remove that PlayerID before your account is stolen from you. Ally codes fine, PlayerID not.

Thanks for the advice I will take into consideration your words, I just copied the message but either mine or his message are valid to understand the situation and to express how wrong it has been this situation in the game, I don't think is talked enough only because it affects some and not all people, but it is one of the biggest mistakes that had been done in the game and we just want a fix.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member

Thanks for the advice I will take into consideration your words, I just copied the message but either mine or his message are valid to understand the situation and to express how wrong it has been this situation in the game, I don't think is talked enough only because it affects some and not all people, but it is one of the biggest mistakes that had been done in the game and we just want a fix.

If that's not your PlayerID then it's even more important that you remove it.

@Kyno can we get the above PlayerID removed please?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

I think the solution it's pretty clear being not one that affects nobody, they should change me and the other guys that I mentioned to another arena where we have a normal opportunity to compete, bigger arenas weren't meant to be in the first place of they want to really fix the situation that could be a way to do it, even though all the possible crystals lost couldn't be recovered I would be satisfied with a change, it is just the fair thing to do and I'm not willing to give up on a change since I have been stuck in this bad situation like you said for more or less 2 years.

I know they split the shard into two before, it seems unlikely they'd do it again. Regardless, it's even less likely they'd do it by splitting the top 50 away from the rest of you.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Kyno can we get the above PlayerID removed please?

Done thanks for the heads up.

Please keep.in mind that you should not spread any personal information on the forum (or internet), player ID is one of those pieces of data.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Hello there,

To answer to your questions:

1) Shard chats are and always have been a thing but I still haven't heard about a group of 52 members and trust me I have heard of many groups, it is not fair to have a better team than many other guys getting better rewards in other shards, obviously in my opinion.

Our ship shard chat is over 60 players at this point. We regularly have group members dropping out of the top 50 every day.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Shards will never be mixed up, the devs have stated that and it will cause way more problems than it fixes.

Actually, what they said about it was that they have never done it (at the time, they have done it once since), and they have no plans to do so, but if that changes they will give notice.
    Kyno wrote: »

Kyno can we get the above PlayerID removed please?

Done thanks for the heads up.

Please keep.in mind that you should not spread any personal information on the forum (or internet), player ID is one of those pieces of data.

Actually, Player ID is safe to share, per CG. Not sure what anyone thinks they would do with that?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Are you confusing Player ID with Ally Code?

And they didn't mix shards, they broke one up into two.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

No. I can't find the reddit post anymore, but CG has said in the past that you can't really do anything with Player ID.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/38977/swgoh-gg-is-it-safe

I know, but it's the same general idea. They said, long before they did that, that they have never and would never do anything to the shards (which they call leaderboards, btw). If they change their minds, they will tell us. Like they did that one time.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    So they said they'll never do it, unless they do. That's fine. Applies to everything in the game. In the meantime, they won't ever do it.

As far as Player ID, I'd like to see more than one random person claiming it having come from reddit.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    So they said they'll never do it, unless they do. That's fine. Applies to everything in the game. In the meantime, they won't ever do it.

As far as Player ID, I'd like to see more than one random person claiming it having come from reddit.

I was playing then, and read the dev post. What exactly do you think you'll do with the ID if you have it? Pretty sure most of the API calls return it anyway.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

No. I can't find the reddit post anymore, but CG has said in the past that you can't really do anything with Player ID.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/38977/swgoh-gg-is-it-safe

I know, but it's the same general idea. They said, long before they did that, that they have never and would never do anything to the shards (which they call leaderboards, btw). If they change their minds, they will tell us. Like they did that one time.

This is incorrect. The fact that mods are told to remove them here (ally codes are fine), and that over at Answers HQ (ran by EA) all PlayerID codes are removed for "security purposes" when posted holds more weight than a three year old thread.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

This is incorrect. The fact that mods are told to remove them here (ally codes are fine), and that over at Answers HQ (ran by EA) all PlayerID codes are removed for "security purposes" when posted holds more weight than a three year old thread.

So, what you're saying is, every one of us that gave it to the .gg folks is at risk? But risk of what, exactly?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

So, what you're saying is, every one of us that gave it to the .gg folks is at risk? But risk of what, exactly?

at risk of our access to our account being stolen. Atleast that's what i was lead to believe.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Unaic
    5 posts Member
    So still no notice about anything from CG team, so disappointed with this game and the direction is turning, truly a p2win game despite of what they might say...
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    So still no notice about anything from CG team, so disappointed with this game and the direction is turning, truly a p2win game despite of what they might say...

Not this shiat again...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • DarthMartinius
    160 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    I have to adhere to Unaic's request here. Mafias consisting of more than 50 people, not allowing anyone else to reach top 50 even with better roster are a real issue in the game and are causing many long time players to give up.

Specifically in that ship shard I think something should be done about it. Maybe another split of the shard would help.

@Kyno who can we address this complaint to? We tried with https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ with no luck.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The dev team is aware of these situations and spoke about them in one of the QAs. I dont believe they have any intentions on making changes due to this scenario, but I will try and fish out their response.

You can direct message CG_SBCrumb or CG_Carrie about this issue.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The dev team is aware of these situations and spoke about them in one of the QAs. I dont believe they have any intentions on making changes due to this scenario, but I will try and fish out their response.

You can direct message CG_SBCrumb or CG_Carrie about this issue.

Thanks a lot Kyno, I'll try to reach them.