How much money have you spent and what advantage did it give you?

Kai_Mulai
683 posts Member
Since the game encourages folks to spend money to gain advantage, I’m wondering:
How much have you spent on the game (total)?
What did you get for it?
Was it worth it?

For me, I spent $20 (plus tax) on a Darth Vader pack, which allowed me to be absolutely sure I’d have Vader at 7* in time for the next R2D2 event at the time. I may have been able to do it without spending, but I did like knowing for sure. So it was a little bit worth it.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Look guys, another great thread in which you can misrepresent what carrie said in that one tweet! woohoo!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I've spent probably around £50 on the game. I remember buying the Jango pack and also a couple of crystal boxes/crates/whatever.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • I spent $25 total. 10 on that crystals over 21 days, and the rest on getting old ben for Commander Luke. Was able to get Luke and climb a bit on the arena ranks, until he came around the second time.
  • $0
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    $0

What advantage did it give you? ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • #Freetoplayishtheonlyway
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    If it were, there'd be no game to play.
  • TVF wrote: »

I'm doing ok. Thankful for those who put money down though!
  • about a hundred dollars. definitely a hundred dollars. #rainman

Plenty of alternatives. This is not to say paying to support a game is wrong, but it works both ways. They need to create and maintain a game that motivates players to do so, not twists their arm and say pay or go away.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Plenty of alternatives. This is not to say paying to support a game is wrong, but it works both ways. They need to create and maintain a game that motivates players to do so, not twists their arm and say pay or go away.

It doesn't say that though. It gives you options. Paying increases your ability to compete at certain game modes, but it's not the only way to compete. And there's nothing that says you have to compete in the first place. You can get whatever you want out of this game.

Saying that not paying is the only way is just as wrong as saying paying is the only way.

It doesn't say that though. It gives you options. Paying increases your ability to compete at certain game modes, but it's not the only way to compete. And there's nothing that says you have to compete in the first place. You can get whatever you want out of this game.

Saying that not paying is the only way is just as wrong as saying paying is the only way.

I get it, you see nothing wrong with the game. You think it is 100% perfect. No worries. The entire forum knows it :) Every game has those that dispute any and all complaints. Everyone choose their path in life. Yours is clear.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

I get it, you see nothing wrong with the game. You think it is 100% perfect. No worries. The entire forum knows it :) Every game has those that dispute any and all complaints. Everyone choose their path in life. Yours is clear.

Which part of what I said was incorrect?

I'm sorry you think being realistic is shilling. It's too bad. I have fun playing the game.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    ......I have fun playing the game.

GT_O
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    My bad, I forgot everyone hates the game. And for some reason keeps playing it.
  • leef wrote: »

GT_O

Hmmm letter missing? lol
  • i spent about ~$110 on the light and dark side starter bundles and crystals. the starter bundles were pretty good and i don't regret it. buying the crystals was a total waste. you don't get anywhere buying crystals unless you spend a fortune on them.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

GT_O

Hmmm letter missing? lol

Nah, wrong order. I love game of thrones!
  • leef wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

GT_O

Hmmm letter missing? lol

Nah, wrong order. I love game of thrones!

I'm one of the few that hasn't watched it, but ya never know they will binge it for a few years so lol
  • 100 dollars & they shut me down after 2 years. Lol. Long live Luke