Rotate shards to break chats and freshen things up

Prev1345678
Richfxxx
449 posts Member
I see lots of complaints on forum about shard chats preventing people climbing rank.

Doesn’t affect me as I’m only top 100 but top players suffer a lot.

So why not rotate shards periodically, say once a month?

Would freshen all arenas up and add a bit more fun/interest/challenge/competitiveness to the game. Wouldn’t be to hard for devs to introduce either and would reduce complaints/rants/whining on forums

Replies

• Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Would just mean players forming new shard chats monthly. As long as you can search a name on swgoh.gg and get their ally code, you can form new shard chats
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    Richfxxx wrote: »
    I see lots of complaints on forum about shard chats preventing people climbing rank.

Would freshen all arenas up and add a bit more fun/interest/challenge/competitiveness to the game. Wouldn’t be to hard for devs to introduce either and would reduce complaints/rants/whining on forums

If you agree, then like/comment to increase chance of devs listening
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member

If you like/agree the post or comment to make devs pay attention
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Regardless of how anyone feels about shard chats, this is the fastest way to kill the game.
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »
    Would just mean players forming new shard chats monthly. As long as you can search a name on swgoh.gg and get their ally code, you can form new shard chats

Would still disrupt the chats as you wouldn’t know which shard they are moved to and probability of say 20 or even 10 people from same chat moving to same shard would be highly unlikely given how many people play the game
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Regardless of how anyone feels about shard chats, this is the fastest way to kill the game.

Why????!!!
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member

Why????!!!

Shard chats kill game, challenge/ interest stimulates game
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Shard chats are fine

People who don’t have solid team or mods to climb just like to blame it on shard chats
  • Skorf26
    18 posts Member
    Also it’d be a huge commitment and something would go wrong especially since arenas are fluid in rankings. Plus you’d end up with a lot of people with the same rank
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Shard chats are fine

People who don’t have solid team or mods to climb just like to blame it on shard chats

Check forums plenty people gave solid teams/mods but are targeted due to chats. Should be able to climb 1v1 not 1v10-20
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited May 2019

Why????!!!

Because arena is badly designed. Huge numbers of players are in shard chats, or there wouldn't be anyone complaining about their existence. Shard chats reduce the amount of pointless frustration and phone babysitting while people are trying to have lives, and eat dinner with their families. If you think the occasional complaint on the forum about them is a big deal wait until you see the flood of rage quitters that upsetting the status quo would bring.
  • jpierrard17
    172 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    @Ultra 100% disagree with you! Some shard chats are controlled by a small group of chummy guildmates and whales like mine (11 guys all from the same guild in mine). My gear/mods are equal to theirs but was told I don't spend enough on the game thus don't deserve top 10 rewards. Just because yours is open to people that have invested in their squads and mods not all are the same. Having regional shards with the exact same payout time is the best solution so it forces everyone to grow their squads and not get protected by a syndicate and everyone competes to a single PO time.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Why????!!!

Shard chats kill game

They haven’t yet.
  • shard chats just make the worst part of the game somewhat bearable. arena is still awful but not as much as it would be without shard chats.
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    @Ultra 100% disagree with you! Some shard chats are controlled by a small group of chummy guildmates and whales like mine (11 guys all from the same guild in mine). My gear/mods are equal to theirs but was told I don't spend enough on the game thus don't deserve top 10 rewards. Just because yours is open to people that have invested in their squads and mods not all are the same. Having regional shards with the exact same payout time is the best solution so it forces everyone to grow their squads and not get protected by a syndicate and everyone competes to a single PO time.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding your post but it seems to support my original comment.

Why don’t you deserve the rewards? You farmed/grew your team through strategy instead of buying success.

By regularly rotating shards it would break syndicates.

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member

Then it's all about who has the best luck.

The whole set up needs an overhaul before you look at something like that.

They would need to improve ai so that the best team can actually hold rank 1. At the moment anyone can climb on anyone even with much worse mods. They would also need to make it so you can't be locked. If everyone was climbing for rank at the same time you would spend 90% of your time being locked.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Shaddes wrote: »

Then why isn’t the game dead yet? These chats have been around A very long time and the game is thriving

They were saying shuffling shards would kill it, not chats.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

I'm a member of three shard chats. All friendly shard chats - mainly maintaining a list of payouts, so that everyone can avoid sewing things up for each other. I believe most shard chats are like this. The 'mafias', when discussed here, get all the attention, because they are so extreme and not the norm. I believe most shard chats are relatively friendly.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

I'm a member of three shard chats.

Now they've spread to GA!?!??!

• DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Seems to me it would be more effective and less effort needed if they just did what others have suggested--make rewards based on top rank achieved for the day, rather than what rank you happen to be at payout time.

That said, it is really funny to see how threads like this reliably bring out those who benefit from shard-chats to frantically defend them. As if anything said here would threaten their status quo...or anything they said would seriously protect it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »

Would still disrupt the chats as you wouldn’t know which shard they are moved to and probability of say 20 or even 10 people from same chat moving to same shard would be highly unlikely given how many people play the game

You do realise, that it's quite easy to contact each other in-game, right?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

I'm a member of three shard chats.

Now they've spread to GA!?!??!

Or to alt accounts....
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    DocDoom wrote: »
    Seems to me it would be more effective and less effort needed if they just did what others have suggested--make rewards based on top rank achieved for the day, rather than what rank you happen to be at payout time.

The only way this would work is if they significantly nerfed the rewards for finishing first, and they will never do that because people would no longer spend money to get meta teams. So it's not happening.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Shard chats are fine

Ultra, I have had the teams and mods and have climbed to 1st several times, however my shard chat refuses to let me in.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Shard chats are fine

Ultra, I have had the teams and mods and have climbed to 1st several times, however my shard chat refuses to let me in.

That doesn't invalidate the fact that lots of people don't have the team and/or mods and blame it on shard chats.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i reckon more "top players" benefit from shardchats than suffer from them. Might be worth looking into before you start giving suggestions on their behalf.
    Save water, drink champagne!