Why is there no vehicle mode?

Why is has been no vehicle mode? There's literally tons of vehicles in star wars but we only see them in raids. Why not use this to create a vehicle mode? Many content creators seem to like the idea, and talk about how it can actually be really balanced!

Replies

• hotdeaths
    152 posts Member
    this is my new most wanted feature. frick new arena metas, I want this.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    because fleet is such a wonderfull addition to the game, we currently don't have a need for another one of those.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • look at ships, nobody likes them
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    This idea has been floated around forever, it could be "ships done right".
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

i'm not one to bash the devs, but i don't see that happening, the "done right" part..
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Hantal86
    217 posts Member
    They can’t get ships right, vehicles would have no chance even if it would be cool to have snowspeeders and ATATs
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    If they did this, it should be an entirely different game for those who actually want it... as ships should have been.
  • I'm noticing a lot of you are saying it's because ships suck, i agree it's stale as it can be. They need to hear that, or maybe they do vehicles somewhat right by not making it like ships, a different mode should always have different mechanics. I just want to have certain vehicles to play as, and with the game in the decline, I'd like to see it be done soon, i like playing this game but i can't deny I've watched guilds fall into shells of only a few people trying to carry the rest of the players that are no longer playing.
  • I'm noticing a lot of you are saying it's because ships suck, i agree it's stale as it can be. They need to hear that, or maybe they do vehicles somewhat right by not making it like ships, a different mode should always have different mechanics. I just want to have certain vehicles to play as, and with the game in the decline, I'd like to see it be done soon, i like playing this game but i can't deny I've watched guilds fall into shells of only a few people trying to carry the rest of the players that are no longer playing.

Or instead of "doing vehicles right" they can put that effort into ship content and making that right. We dont need another grind for vehicle shards. And theres not enough "unique" ground vehicles. Meaning theres not enough ground vehicle versions of the silencer, or "poes X-wing" or "anakin's starfighter".
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    I have zero interest in another farm/vehicle meta/unique currency.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ships has many iconic ships that are unique to the characters.

Vehicles has some iconic vehicles but not many are directly or distinctly linked to a character.

It is hard to say they could make a coherent game mode without more forced links and other broken links that could be made. Think ships made worse by the same method as the arbitrary character tags. We have seen what they say is the guide for that, but even then not everything makes sense.
  • There's literally thousands of vehicles they can use, if they even go to the comics that are still canon or even the countless more from noncanon, even include large animals like rancor and zilo beast. Of you say there's not enough ground vehicles to use based from the movies then yes, you're right, but they've already gone past movies to add to the game, there's plenty and it could revive ships as raids could become actual star wars battles, starts out with ships, then moves to vehicles, then to actual squads. If they said no it's not possible but fixed ships i would be okay with that. There's literally a ship with a generic clone trooper for the ship, there's 3 geonosian ships and only one of them is a unique character. It's possible, and would it really be a grind? Sure for endgame teams but that's the same for ships, the same for regular squads. I agree ships need to be fixed first but it's been 2 years since the last capital ship got released, they've essentially abandoned it, if the game is going down then they need to introduce something new to keep it going longer, thus, i proposed vehicles, i expect mixed responses of course, these are some responses to critiques I've received here and in my guild, I'd like to edit my original post but I'm new to this Q/A forums stuff so I'll be using this comment to update my stance.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Ships 2.0 was the opportunity for that.

Ships continues to be the redheaded stepchild.
    Still not a he.