Does anyone else find TB really tedious

Prev1
I just find it kind of boring.

1) there’s no real challenge in the missions (and I’m only 2.5m GP)

2) missions take too long, 6 rounds is dull as hell.

3) platoon placement is a pain in the backside

4) the attack widows are often too short. We often wait to deploy until platoon placement is done before missions are open to stop people going Rogue - but people often miss deployments because the window is a few hours.

Much prefer GA or TW.

Replies

• AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    1. This is fairly old content. What kind of challenge do you expect at this point?

2. I agree. There should be come way to sim TB battles that have basically been 3-starred.

3. Platoons have been procured for the Hoth TB’s for a while now. Gulds shoukd be able to plan their platoon requirements by now.

4. Back to the procured platoons... guilds should be able to plan their platoons such that players can set them early. Yes, there will always be time zone issues. But as players progress there will be less of a requirement to wait for that “one guy” to finish the last platoon before the attack phase starts. Platoons are static. Plan accordingly.
  • 4) sounds confusing. Feels like your guild are doing something wrong there.

We close all combats until platoons are done (usually <1 hr) then combats & special open up.

After around 12hrs an officer opens one zone* for deployment with a cutoff value that deployment must not exceed - that value allows remaining combats to be completed but allows those who have finished to deploy early.

* phases 5 & 6 only. Phases 1-4 we don’t care if all combats come in or not, just deploy to 3* and be done with it.
  • If only there was new TB content coming within a a few weeks..
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Auto auto auto. That's how %90 of the game is played for me.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Good rewards so i think it's worth the hassle but the game mode itself is very stale.
  • Hantal86
    217 posts Member
    There’s a new one coming which will provide new challenges
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    once you've gotten max waves once, it's not that fun anymore. I kinda like trying out oddball teams though, but i skip the combat missions entirely more often than not. (we don't need the CM TP in the first 4 or 5 phases to get max stars).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • If you get auto deploy stuff and sim the battles. Maybe once battles get 3* (applies per person e.g. someone gets 3* on 3 round battle, only they can sim that battle, unless Guildmates also do it) people can auto. And be able to auto-set stuff for deployment.
  • Nico
    29 posts Member
    Sometimes I ask me, why so many people will play a game and will sim all!
    We sim everything in the game, Rancor, battles, GW, everything!!
    Is it funny to do this! I think not!
    I’m maxed out my Inventory, but I play the game and will not everything sim everyday!
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member

4) the attack widows are often too short. We often wait to deploy until platoon placement is done before missions are open to stop people going Rogue - but people often miss deployments because the window is a few hours.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just tell people what to do, and then kick them if they insist on continually going rogue, than to have this convoluted system just to accommodate people who can't be bothered to follow instructions?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I love Territory Battles.

Can’t stand Territory Wars. I put all my teams on defense so I don’t have to do anything on offense.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    The only ones I find tedious are the Phoenix only missions because their DPS is so low. You can easily do all 6 waves but it can take up to ten minutes.
  • Gcdevil
    153 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    The only ones I find tedious are the Phoenix only missions because their DPS is so low. You can easily do all 6 waves but it can take up to ten minutes.

Huh? Ezra hits like a truck when done right shouldn't take near 10 minutes
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Sabine too. Throw them both in there and it takes no time at all, even on the harder one.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 6 rounds is too much, should be reduced to 4 to match dark side TB. ...but it's still much better than GA.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Gcdevil wrote: »

Huh? Ezra hits like a truck when done right shouldn't take near 10 minutes
    I'm no expert or anything, but I think folks who think the Phoenix maps take too long are folks who stopped gearing Phoenix at 7/8.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Can't be bothered putting stun guns on them instead of way better characters for now.

Hera and Chopper are G9, Ezra G11, Kanazeb G8.

• 2) missions take too long, 6 rounds is dull as hell.
    this is the biggest and i think only issue really, they just take far too long, 3 or 4 rounds is fine

• Laz
    190 posts Member
    Can't be bothered putting stun guns on them instead of way better characters for now.

Hera and Chopper are G9, Ezra G11, Kanazeb G8.

This is where I am at with them. I’m working on too many other characters to gear up Phoenix.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Imagine if they changed TB so that when you deployed toons, it automatically put it into a pool that goes toward the nearest star? That'd be fun, always make sure any deployment goes into the nearest star, so you can deploy at any time in any zone and it didn't matter :p
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    Imagine if they changed TB so that when you deployed toons, it automatically put it into a pool that goes toward the nearest star? That'd be fun, always make sure any deployment goes into the nearest star, so you can deploy at any time in any zone and it didn't matter :p

Deployments going towards the nearest star is the opposite of what we need and would cause us to finish worse than we do now.
  • I'm kinda midrange, so TB still relevant for me. Can mostly win DS, but lack some LS toons or gear lvls to qualify or comfortably win.
    But I guess that's who TB is for, rather than a game piece for more seasoned rosters
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Slightly tedious, not really tedious. They don't take much time or effort. Just boring.
  • Dagonsith
    206 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm at about 4m in GP and I gotta say that TB is the best part of the game in my opinion. A guild collectively works towards a goal and rewards shared equally. The only real aggravation from I get is try to get guild mates to jump in and play the **** thing. Perhaps for some the same two TB have gotten repetitive but I'm hoping with the geo ones launch it'll get people motivated again.
    Post edited by Dagonsith on
  • It's one of the few thing I enjoy, I use it as a sandbox mode, to see how good new teams are
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    For the sake of crystals, I like it
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I was thinking about this as I lay in bed putting the same teams in the same spots for the same Territory War now devoid of all bonuses and any flavor or other interesting change of pace again and really brought home to me: I hate Territory Wars. They're the most tedious and boring aspect of the game.

Long live Territory Battles. Six rounds? I'll do ten round fights before I give a **** about Territory Wars again.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    I like TB. Kinda rewarding for making several good squadrons to use on the missions, plus the guild events credits are very nice to buy gear.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I just find it kind of boring.

1) there’s no real challenge in the missions (and I’m only 2.5m GP)

2) missions take too long, 6 rounds is dull as hell.

3) platoon placement is a pain in the backside

Much prefer GA or TW.

It’s too easy and too hard?

Opposite of all this imo. Best rewards, least amount of time. More tb plz
    Maybe End Game isn't for you