Prev1
vice
90 posts Member
anything happening in relation to this?

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Yes. I just felt very old.

Also, I believe they are finally releasing pod racer anakin.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    We are getting Darth Maul kit update.
  • I think it's too early for them to announce anything. We'll probably know early June.
  • Gungan faction hopefully.
  • We get a child Anakin character. Basic - That's so Wizard: Hits target enemy with a podracer, dealing damage equal to 75% max health. Special - Oops: Accidentally defeat all Droid allies and enemies. Unique - Spinning: has 100% evasion.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    vice wrote: »
    anything happening in relation to this?

Wow, it’s really 20 years old? Seems so young to me.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Rake6 wrote: »
    We are getting Darth Maul kit update.

Thanks for the speculation stated as fact.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    There's an anniversary of some Star Wars related thing like every month, and most are ignored. I wouldn't hold your breath.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Kit rework for Qui Gon and Darth Maul and Jar Jar Binks release. :D:D
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    31ipou.jpg
  • Yotommy
    94 posts Member
    Pretty sure they are doing something in August 👍
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    A Naboo TB would be nice. But we’re getting Geonosis, and that’s just as good—maybe even better.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I'm so old that I genuinely think of Phantom Menace as the new Star Wars film.
  • The ability to remember doesn’t make us intelligent.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    I for one loved The Phantom Menace and I’m not sorry about it. Darth Maul is my favorite character anyway. And I’m also one of the few people who actually liked Jar Jar. ( iirc @DaPowerfulJedi is one of the other few people too lol ) Also don’t forget about the pod racing which was awesome! Besides that, the droideka, Nute Gunray, “Roger Roger”, “There’s always a bigger fish”, “at last we will have Revenge”... just to name a few things. I’m a diehard Star Wars fan. And TPM is definitely up there for me. I’m just sayin’. ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Yeah im with Joe, sept for Jar Jar (Captain TarpleI is a **** hero tho), I loved phantom menace. You can be a "genwunner" to borrow a term from the pokemons all you want, but podracing was sweet, quigon was sweet, maul is super cool, there was Yaddle so none of the current pc crowd can whine about gender inequality in the Jedi Order 20 years after the fact, and Duel of the Fates ... you look me in the eye and tell me that scene was bad or that arrangement by John Williams was subpar, cause im willing to bet you couldnt sit across a table from me and say that with any conviction. Did it have flaws? Sure did Kid Greedo. But its certainly no where near the worst star wars.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Eutus wrote: »
    Yeah im with Joe, sept for Jar Jar (Captain TarpleI is a **** hero tho), I loved phantom menace. You can be a "genwunner" to borrow a term from the pokemons all you want, but podracing was sweet, quigon was sweet, maul is super cool, there was Yaddle so none of the current pc crowd can whine about gender inequality in the Jedi Order 20 years after the fact, and Duel of the Fates ... you look me in the eye and tell me that scene was bad or that arrangement by John Williams was subpar, cause im willing to bet you couldnt sit across a table from me and say that with any conviction. Did it have flaws? Sure did Kid Greedo. But its certainly no where near the worst star wars.

Thank you! @Eutus

yjkz61l26fed.gif

I love Duel of the Fates. The lightsaber battles were awesome and the music was epic. Both combined gave you the audience the kind of scenes that are captivating and give you chills at the same time. And also I don’t care what people say. John Williams is a genius in my book.

P.S. Btw. Don’t forget Palpatine, Padmé, Sabé, Watto, Sebulba, Aurra Sing, the pit droids and the Tusken raiders! I have so many reasons why people should like TPM its sick. I could make a list. lol :smiley:
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    The the saber fight called duel of the fates? Did not know that.

But yeah agreed the music for it is up there with imperial march.
  • I keep thinking about the episode of Spaced where Simon Pegg burns his entire Star Wars collection after watching Phantom Menace.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I really like Phantom Menace. All of it. Even Jar Jar. I fast forward through the pod racing though, because it was cool in theatres, but doesn’t actually add anything if you know how it ends. No stakes, no suspense, just a very long sequence.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    The the saber fight called duel of the fates? Did not know that.

But yeah agreed the music for it is up there with imperial march.

Generally. The title of the score is Duel of the Fates, but its used whenever the scene is marketed as like a lego or action figure playset. Lol much catchier than "that lightsaber battle in a naboo generator facility that nobody really won" lol.
  • Yes CG will automatically deduct $10 from everyones account and you'll be left wondering why you just let yourself incur that painful experience... A similar thing happened to me about 20 years ago when I went to see the film
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    I fast forward through the pod racing though, because it was cool in theatres, but doesn’t actually add anything if you know how it ends. No stakes, no suspense, just a very long sequence.

Pretty much the entire PT in a nutshell :p
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    Expecting an OP Jar Jar meta!
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    #GiveUsJarJar :sunglasses:
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    We get a child Anakin character. Basic - That's so Wizard: Hits target enemy with a podracer, dealing damage equal to 75% max health. Special - Oops: Accidentally defeat all Droid allies and enemies. Unique - Spinning: has 100% evasion.

That's a good move
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Wait there was a star wars movie named phantom menace?............
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    Wait there was a star wars movie named phantom menace?............

There was a movie named The Phantom Menace. Any resemblance to Star Wars was strictly accidental.
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    I keep thinking about the episode of Spaced where Simon Pegg burns his entire Star Wars collection after watching Phantom Menace.

Not gonna lie thats my second favorite story ark from spaced lol. Bryans backstory tho.... top notch. If you guys havent seen spaced its on youtube and its a delight!