PVP unbalance

Prev1
ChazzR
9 posts Member
edited December 2015
Ok so, to start, I'm not doing anything wrong. I have good strategies from YouTube or personal experience. I'm a higher level then my targets typically and also higher team power. BUT.
ALL I EVER SEE IS "dodged, detected, deflected, etc"
Why?
My Daka NEVER revives teammates. My Dooku NEVER attacks twice. My characters never crit. Yet I just played a game where the AI Daka revived two people in one game; Dooku managed to take out one of my players in one turn because I did an aoe attack, got double hit, and then on dookus turn got double hit again, then the chewbacka taunted, BUT PHASMAS ABILITY LET DOOKU HIT ME TWICE MORE; my Sidious had double DOT on a very weak Consular, but the consular survived it (somehow) with no visible health, then dodged my next three attacks, healed himself and his team.
Is the AI luck tripled? SOMETHINGS WRONG

Replies

• ChazzR
    9 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Edited
    Post edited by ChazzR on
  • Do videos and show us your team and gameplay strategies, its easier to help you from there.
  • The_Doctor
    50 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I wrote it on other thread about it, it seems quadrupled

Tested, given energy possiblities, in two accounts, with doku and phasma.
  • DOT doesn't finish enemies off.
  • ChazzR wrote: »
    My Daka NEVER revives teammates. My Dooku NEVER attacks twice. My characters never crit.

"Only a sith deals in absolutes."
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Please do QQ some more :) my glass of salty tears is almost empty and I'm in need of a drink. I do love people complaining about rng mechanics and luck.
  • It does seem that the AI hits its rolls more often than it should
  • I hate to say it but... In HODA the AI had a huge advantage. It was called the crit of death. I had a match that the AI crit my team 19 time and I had low single digit crits. I guess they use the same type of logic for this game.
  • Yeah. I have noticed the same thing from AI in Galactic Wars. I have 10 levels on each character and better gear by far and without negative stat effects on my characters or positive stat effects on them, they just wipe me out. It makes no sense. None. I could see if its in 5 levels of me but 10?!?
  • Rheen wrote: »
    ChazzR wrote: »
    My Daka NEVER revives teammates. My Dooku NEVER attacks twice. My characters never crit.

Funnily enough, that statement is an absolute =p
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Justin7402 wrote: »
    Rheen wrote: »

Don't do that, I remember thinking the same thing about the line and then it had my head spinning when I started thinking about the rest of the stuff said in the film.... Sheesh it's spinning now I'm thinking about it again! darn it!

Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Skye wrote: »
    Justin7402 wrote: »

Don't do that, I remember thinking the same thing about the line and then it had my head spinning when I started thinking about the rest of the stuff said in the film.... Sheesh it's spinning now I'm thinking about it again! darn it!

Obi Wan really put his foot in it there xD I knew he was a Sith all along.
  • Something you need to think about is that you need to replace all characters that rely on chance to proc a skill or attack. Skills like revive and bonus attack require luck with the RNG.
  • Justin7402 wrote: »

My god...why am I just now realizing this? Everything I knew was a lie!
  • i roll on floor laughing whenever i see such threads
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    edited December 2015

This....is easily the funniest friggen post I have seen so far.
  • The AI doesn't focus fire very well, and doesn't have the same level of tactical power to bring to bear on the fights that a player does. To compensate, the proc rates on % abilities seem to have been boosted upwards for many characters.

Some of this may be confirmation bias (if you think the AI crits too often, then every time they crit you'll feel vindicated even if they are only critting at the proper rate), but I do see Daka rez almost every time I fight against her vs AI. I also see Leia firing off three and four shots regularly.

As long as you've learned to expect it, though, you can factor it into your plan and play around it. It's just AI, after all. You can beat it :)
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • For me it's the opposite, I rarely see AI Dakas res, while mine does it requetly :)
  • Its frustrating I k
    KitsuAeryn wrote: »
    The AI doesn't focus fire very well, and doesn't have the same level of tactical power to bring to bear on the fights that a player does. To compensate, the proc rates on % abilities seem to have been boosted upwards for many characters.

Some of this may be confirmation bias (if you think the AI crits too often, then every time they crit you'll feel vindicated even if they are only critting at the proper rate), but I do see Daka rez almost every time I fight against her vs AI. I also see Leia firing off three and four shots regularly.

As long as you've learned to expect it, though, you can factor it into your plan and play around it. It's just AI, after all. You can beat it :)

You nailed it. The increase in AI intelligence before global launch was just a higher % for abilities to land in my opinion.
  • KitsuAeryn wrote: »
    The AI doesn't focus fire very well, and doesn't have the same level of tactical power to bring to bear on the fights that a player does. To compensate, the proc rates on % abilities seem to have been boosted upwards for many characters.

^^this
    Defender is already at a disadvantage and if AI were adjusted to fight like a human player might, we might see complaints about ff and losing 1-2 characters in first turn, which is what usually happens to defender, or so it does when I survive the first wave of AOE and Dooku spasms...lol

I am curious to see if live pvp is coming, that sounds very interesting. Even more so if they add the 6th borrowed from ally.
    "That is why you fail."
  • shimmy
    200 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    It is clearly unbalanced and it is the EA way to make the AI in "pvp" modes like that be far more powerful than they are and it is so frustrating to see people defend it.

I just faced a team that was over 1700 points less power than me and they easily beat me. They had a level 45 Dooku who was able to TRIPLE HIT for 2k damage. I basically expect a loss if I face a team that has Dooku regardless of the overall team strength since he becomes magical with these super attacks. I look forward to when I unlock my Dooku and he becomes useless.

Opposing teams also magically have what seems like criticals on every attack where my criticals are significantly less than in any other mode.

It's a horribly cheating mode, plain and simple and it is why I won't give these guys a dime of my money.
  • I have mentioned so many times about the unbalance in PVP and so far have never had a response from any dev or moderator (I think there jobs are to only ban posts)

My first battle this morning was against a lv43 player 4 star max heroes no 5 star members. Team was dooku barrissgate luminara one of the wombles I think ewok scout and Sid.

My team lvl56 Sid leader luminara Luke JC and maul lowest player is maul 4 star Luke 5 star JC 5 star then luminara 6 star n sis max stars. I LOST MASSIVELY!!!

Went something like oppo team had 6 attacks before my first shot killed JC dooku may have hit all 6 times lmao guys like ping pong but mine rarely hit twice or stuns... Maul was down to tiny bit of health (to be expected I know)

I then had 4 dodged attacks back to back!!! (4) I
    Mean really....

Then it was oppo again 3 hits of course maul who I healed fell (I know to be expected) and luminara was almost out of there. I then had 3 attacks one was again dodged other did little damage with no ctits.

AI then stung me for another 5 attacks killing all but Sid. It's good to mention AI team are all alive with near max health.

I mean cmon EA this is a joke. You guys have to take notice of all posts about this and do something.

On another note GW is seriously broken again. I've gone from completing every day for last 6 days to facing an all max team on second battle that wiped all my teams out! How can you program such massive jumps in AI difficulty rating....

I love Star Wars I like this game a lot. But with all these bugs, the hackers, barrissgate I mean it's getting beyond the joke!

Please EA stop banning posts, or bringing out massively overpriced hero packs. Listen to the players n start fixing these bugs!
  • Sunnyred wrote: »
    I have mentioned so many times about the unbalance in PVP and so far have never had a response from any dev or moderator (I think there jobs are to only ban posts)

My first battle this morning was against a lv43 player 4 star max heroes no 5 star members. Team was dooku barrissgate luminara one of the wombles I think ewok scout and Sid.

My team lvl56 Sid leader luminara Luke JC and maul lowest player is maul 4 star Luke 5 star JC 5 star then luminara 6 star n sis max stars. I LOST MASSIVELY!!!

Went something like oppo team had 6 attacks before my first shot killed JC dooku may have hit all 6 times lmao guys like ping pong but mine rarely hit twice or stuns... Maul was down to tiny bit of health (to be expected I know)

I then had 4 dodged attacks back to back!!! (4) I
    Mean really....

Then it was oppo again 3 hits of course maul who I healed fell (I know to be expected) and luminara was almost out of there. I then had 3 attacks one was again dodged other did little damage with no ctits.

AI then stung me for another 5 attacks killing all but Sid. It's good to mention AI team are all alive with near max health.

I mean cmon EA this is a joke. You guys have to take notice of all posts about this and do something.

On another note GW is seriously broken again. I've gone from completing every day for last 6 days to facing an all max team on second battle that wiped all my teams out! How can you program such massive jumps in AI difficulty rating....

I love Star Wars I like this game a lot. But with all these bugs, the hackers, barrissgate I mean it's getting beyond the joke!

Please EA stop banning posts, or bringing out massively overpriced hero packs. Listen to the players n start fixing these bugs!

There team was lvl53 not 43 typo!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Wait until everyone on your server is maxed out at level 60 with the same basic builds and same basic gear. All that matters is who is around from 5:30 to 6 pm rather than commuting from work, and who is willing to buy gems to bypass the cooldown timer.
    Seriously, just don't worry about PvP. Stay in the top 20 or 50, collect your tokens, and build your team. The tokens are about the same and spending crystals fighting to get more crystals is pointless.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • This hasn't been a big problem for me in arena, but on GW things have suddenly gone insane.

Teams are just obliterating my fully geared and levelled toons when I've barely had a chance to respond.
  • Tryban wrote: »
    I am curious to see if live pvp is coming, that sounds very interesting. Even more so if they add the 6th borrowed from ally.

I'd love to see the borrowed ally thing added to PVP, mostly because I love being able to stack leadership bonuses. It can create some really fun team combinations that aren't possible otherwise. We shall see.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Speed kills.
  • My issue with the game, order of attack, my enemy's entire team attacks, I attack with a single player, then his entire team attacks again. How is that possible
  • Justin7402 wrote: »

Not really. It would have been an absolute if he had said "A Sith ALWAYS deals in absolutes."
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    edit: In light of trying to be more positive, I've removed the content of this post. Happy Holidays all.
    Post edited by Fantazy on
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE