Darth Revan and then Malak

Firstly, these two should have their own discussion section by now.

Secondly, when I'm farming for each, what should my goal gear level be?
I have 55/330 shards for Darth Revan, and did not merit an invitation to Malaks ball...
I'm just looking for a minimum of what works for those who have either of these characters. I assume that if one were ready for Malak, they would be more than ready for Darth Revan.

https://swgoh.gg/p/991589674/characters/

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Since Malak requires 17,500 power on each character, there is little room between minimum and maximum. For most characters meeting that requires either g12 or g11+zeta. The two characters you are leaving out (Juhani and T3 for me) are fine at g7, though leaving Juhani that low may require some good mods and/or rng in the event due to the structure of the DR event.
  • Firstly, these two should have their own discussion section by now.

Secondly, when I'm farming for each, what should my goal gear level be?
    I have 55/330 shards for Darth Revan, and did not merit an invitation to Malaks ball...
    I'm just looking for a minimum of what works for those who have either of these characters. I assume that if one were ready for Malak, they would be more than ready for Darth Revan.

https://swgoh.gg/p/991589674/characters/

You're going to have an incredibly difficult time with Malak if your Zaalbar isn't being used, lmao. Darth Revan event is pretty easy, you shouldn't need any zetas for it (although Carth lead does help a lot).

Malak, you don't really need Mission or Zaalbar zetas (some say it helps, others say it doesn't), but you need Zaalbar and Mission present. T3 doesn't really help much at all.

Everything above is correct though
  • At the moment I have Juhani and Carth on farm for the last star. 4 left for Juhani and 28 for Carth. That wont be an issue. I have been working on gear for all the needed characters for both Jedi and Darth Revan, but have been focusing more on the Darth Revan crew since I already have Jedi Revan 7*. I was hoping that by going for Malak standards, that Darth Revan would be easy.
  • The bummer is that I would probably need a few zetas to even meet the stupid 17.5k threshold.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I did it with one zeta (Carth) so I didn't have to get him to G12. He's a rough gear IIRC.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I did it with one zeta (Carth) so I didn't have to get him to G12. He's a rough gear IIRC.

Outside of Big Z and T4, I have the others at gear 11 and up.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    G11 won't be enough without a zeta.
  • For the characters with 4 abilities it is either G10+zeta or G12 (both scenarios requiring extra gear pieces) - this includes Carth, Juhani, Canderous, Mission, Zaalbar.

For characters with 5/6 abilities they can be G11 with no zetas, or G10 with zeta (or even lower with multiple Zetas) - this includes both Revans, both Bastilas, Jolee, HK, and T3.

This is to get *into* the event, mind you. While the Zetas will help you bypass the gear requirements, many of the Zetas are not useful in the event. You can't have more than one leader, and some of the unique Zetas for HK, Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan will have zero or minimal advantage in gameplay.
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    For the characters with 4 abilities it is either G10+zeta or G12 (both scenarios requiring extra gear pieces) - this includes Carth, Juhani, Canderous, Mission, Zaalbar.

For characters with 5/6 abilities they can be G11 with no zetas, or G10 with zeta (or even lower with multiple Zetas) - this includes both Revans, both Bastilas, Jolee, HK, and T3.

This is to get *into* the event, mind you. While the Zetas will help you bypass the gear requirements, many of the Zetas are not useful in the event. You can't have more than one leader, and some of the unique Zetas for HK, Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan will have zero or minimal advantage in gameplay.

Thanks. I was working towards gearing because the 4 zetas I can drop should go elsewhere. Does the event allow you to use your revan or do you have to use an event character?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »
    For the characters with 4 abilities it is either G10+zeta or G12 (both scenarios requiring extra gear pieces) - this includes Carth, Juhani, Canderous, Mission, Zaalbar.

Thanks. I was working towards gearing because the 4 zetas I can drop should go elsewhere. Does the event allow you to use your revan or do you have to use an event character?

You use your own Revan (who also has to meet the 17.5k requirement, though it’s easier for him and everybody who cares about this event would presumably do it anyway).
  • Liath wrote: »

You use your own Revan (who also has to meet the 17.5k requirement, though it’s easier for him and everybody who cares about this event would presumably do it anyway).

Awesome! I would rather use my own, not sure it matters?
  • Finished Juhani, impulse purchased 16 shards of Carth, now I only need 5. These long grinds are getting annoyingly arduous! Now I can start chipping away on BH ships for the mighty Falcon!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

Awesome! I would rather use my own, not sure it matters?

Agreed, it’s nice to be able to switch mods to what works best and whatever. There was a tier in the Darth Revan event (I think?) where you had to use a borrowed Jolee and I wished I could use my own who is a lot better!
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    For Darth Revan, G10 or so is probably fine. You might suffer at the hands of RNGesus a bit on tier 5. I went on tilt and rage-zeta'd Carth before I figured out a strategy that worked, but I still use my OR squad in grand arena so it's not a big deal.

For Malak, as others have said, you pretty much need to G12 most characters to get them over the threshold if they aren't zeta'd. Might need to slice a mod or two to 6E as well. Dark Bastila and anyone else with more than 4 abilities (can't remember them all offhand) are a bit easier. You'll want your light side team to be as diesel as you can make them though, because it's really hard. Dark side is stupid easy so whatever you need to hit the minimum is fine.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    For Darth Revan, G10 or so is probably fine. You might suffer at the hands of RNGesus a bit on tier 5. I went on tilt and rage-zeta'd Carth before I figured out a strategy that worked, but I still use my OR squad in grand arena so it's not a big deal.

For Malak, as others have said, you pretty much need to G12 most characters to get them over the threshold if they aren't zeta'd. Might need to slice a mod or two to 6E as well. Dark Bastila and anyone else with more than 4 abilities (can't remember them all offhand) are a bit easier. You'll want your light side team to be as diesel as you can make them though, because it's really hard. Dark side is stupid easy so whatever you need to hit the minimum is fine.

My plan also included using the best mods I have, which I'm getting a decent selection of 6 dot mods. I figure swap mods, beat it and put them back. lol

For the Malak event, you use your own Revans, so if you haven't already unlocked Darth Revan, you'll need to have sufficient gear and zetas to get him to 17,500 if the same event cadence occurs.

For the Malak event, you use your own Revans, so if you haven't already unlocked Darth Revan, you'll need to have sufficient gear and zetas to get him to 17,500 if the same event cadence occurs.

I wouldn't think CG would run it any different way. Not going to stop gearing them until the even comes.
  • Ironjehoshaphat
    335 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    My goal is just to unlock Malak...

I just unlocked DRevan. He is currently at Gear 8 and 15k GP. If I got him to the 17.5k threshold, would it be possible to beat the Malak event? I know the DRevan side is easier due to stacking ferocity. What is the minimum if I cannot Gear 12 DRevan? All the other characters are ready to go.

I want to conserve resources for gearing/ Zetas for the General Grievous team I am farming to unlock Padme.
  • My goal is just to unlock Malak...

I just unlocked DRevan. He is currently at Gear 8 and 15k GP. If I got him to the 17.5k threshold, would it be possible to beat the Malak event? I know the DRevan side is easier due to stacking ferocity. What is the minimum if I cannot Gear 12 DRevan? All the other characters are ready to go.

I want to conserve resources for gearing/ Zetas for the General Grievous team I am farming to unlock Padme.

Do you have any zetas on him yet?
  • Ironjehoshaphat
    335 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I don’t yet.d7u0mu5b2ve9.png
    I would need a few gear items hopefully to get him to Gear 9 then slap a Zeta to get him to 17,500k

Which Zeta should be first for DRevan? Maybe Villian? And I use Carth as lead? I have Carth’s Zeta.
  • I don’t yet.d7u0mu5b2ve9.png
    I would need a few gear items hopefully to get him to Gear 9 then slap a Zeta to get him to 17,500k

Which Zeta should be first for DRevan? Maybe Villian? And I use Carth as lead? I have Carth’s Zeta.

I had 2 zeta left after dumping 3 or 4 just to unlock the guy. I started with leader ability. I am still deciding on the other zeta, thankfully I only need 8 more zetas for my next one.

For that piece of gear, bottom left. The new one. A guildmate and I are talking about buying vs farming. They estimate that farming is roughly 2500 crystals, with 20% drop rate. Buying would be 2800 per piece of gear. That is getting from 8 to 9. Not sure about the new gear from 9 to 10, but assume its similar. So would 5,600 crystals be worth it to get those 2 pieces now?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    You needed 3 or 4 zetas to unlock DR?
  • TVF wrote: »

Your point? If you don't have anything positive to add to the conversation, you can take your trolling elsewhere.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Your point? If you don't have anything positive to add to the conversation, you can take your trolling elsewhere.

My point is that you could have done it with less.

• @Chucko_marek I have been saving my crystals that I get from dailies and arena payouts, TBs to slowly buy the gear. I think DRevan needs 100 of each Kyrotech salvage.