Etc

Not this:
DR > everything else
JKR > everything else

Replies

• chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    NS isn't a hard counter to CLS anymore. That boat sailed with Chewbacca.

Edit: and yes, I get what you're saying, I just have no comment.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Hard to agree when the first thing listed is wrong
  • fletchmars
    156 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Jtr is pretty good against BH but so is most other strong teams now. What we really need is a list of team comps and what teams they can consistently beat.

Edit: so like every relevant team that cls can beat and the same for other teams
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    edited May 2019

O.o Even with 3po NS gobbles up CLS the vast majority of the time if geared/modded properly. It continues to amaze me that people think CLS is good on defense.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Tryxa wrote: »

O.o Even with 3po NS gobbles up CLS the vast majority of the time if geared/modded properly. It continues to amaze me that people think CLS is good on defense.

People think that?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    It was hard counters that brought us DR. (Well that and the ridiculous power-creep of JKR)

Rock, paper, scissors does not necessarily work well when scaled up and used for game balance.
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    H_B0MBZ wrote: »
    I'd like to see more hard counter to teams like listed below:

NS > CLS
    Palp > Padme
    Imperial Troops > NS
    Bastila > Palp
    Etc

Not this:
    DR > everything else
    JKR > everything else

Something like this (not my work, just sharing the link!)

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bfseip/is_there_an_updated_list_of_tw_and_ga_counters/
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member

When you can easily beat NS with CLS on offense, it's not a hard counter. Just because the reverse is also true, doesn't make it a hard counter.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    CCyrilS wrote: »

People think that?

Are we talking arena or GA/TW? Because probably my best performing defense to date in GA/TW is CLS/Han/Chewie/Bistan/Old Ben. I think people underrate it. Bistan with Chewie combines Frenzy and Guard which is incredible, and Old Ben continues to be one of the most versatile, underrated characters in the game IMO.

If we are talking arena defense then yeah, CLS is simply outdated.
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »
    Hard to agree when the first thing listed is wrong

As well as second and third 🙈

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

People think that?

Are we talking arena or GA/TW? Because probably my best performing defense to date in GA/TW is CLS/Han/Chewie/Bistan/Old Ben. I think people underrate it. Bistan with Chewie combines Frenzy and Guard which is incredible, and Old Ben continues to be one of the most versatile, underrated characters in the game IMO.

If we are talking arena defense then yeah, CLS is simply outdated.

I was thinking of arena, personally. For TW I agree, having an underrated squad is pure gold. For me, my Quira squad gets them every time.
  • NS isn't a hard counter to CLS anymore. That boat sailed with Chewbacca.

NS is such an amazing counter to CLS. 3 zetas NS can take out 10 zetas CLS. i dont even know what you talking about.
    use MT L, you have 2 revives and then, well, much more. focus hard on chewie, and its super easy. they have nothing vs plague, and the revives from zombie make the opening salvo... redundant.

@H_B0MBZ im adding 2 pictures. Those pictures show some 'counters' but lot of them need the further explanation or you'll fail vs it :
    Screenshot_2019-05-19-15-18-44-583_com.discord.png
    IMG_20190519_151907.jpg

example of stuff that need the explanations so it'll work for you- pretty much everything listed vs dRevan. NS, BH... so this TL;DR list is after you familiar with the counters, strategy, how it works, modding, and such.

TW/GA Counters Bot - https://discord.gg/jZH44Hb | Discord: SidiousIsPikachu#5768
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Some of that stuff on the list makes me chuckle....NS and jango bh counter DR? Lol they dont even get a turn
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    edited May 2019

Who’s talking about cls on defence. We’re talking about counters. No teams going to be able to hold on defence. The most important factor in what you’re talking about is that the a1 is using luke , not a person. A player controlled luke team will kill nightsisters. That’s true for almost every “ counter team “ the real factor is user vs Ai
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    Some of that stuff on the list makes me chuckle....NS and jango bh counter DR? Lol they dont even get a turn

That's very interesting. What's the line up? Also is it rng dependent at all? Mod dependent?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    H_B0MBZ wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »

That's very interesting. What's the line up? Also is it rng dependent at all? Mod dependent?

But.....they said it doesn't counter DR....

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kokie wrote: »

and this is exactly why i said THOSE are the examples to "you need to see the explanation so it will work".

your lack of faith and knowledge about this teams make me chuckle :)
    Jango himself have 4+ more base speed than DR, and also 30+ speed from his L. making him 34 speed faster than DR BEFORE modding. "not getting turns"? is this a joke ?
    before you chuckle on my list, l2p. =]
    and @H_B0MBZ as said, those need explanations. watch videos etc. very easy to find as well. the team comp is Jango, Boba, Bossk, Dengar, Nest/Zam. you activate the contract asap, use boba execute, and the main strat is having Jango eating attacks with deathmark, as he cant die.
    all team will have revive, and they have the damage output to kill DR teams - especially because Jango and Boba damage is off the roof when lot of debuffs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pQpoX02aCs

TW/GA Counters Bot - https://discord.gg/jZH44Hb | Discord: SidiousIsPikachu#5768
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    To be fair, if the statement was "they don't even get a turn" then it's really mod dependent....
  • its not mod dependent if it can work with WORSE mods. and it is. as said, jango is 34+ faster than DR before modding. its really hard to not get a turn with them.
    also, @Kokie not offense or something of course. just the 'chuckle' thing is annoying thing to say if you dont even suggest anything better.
    but be honest with yourself. if you think so badly about these teams that they cant beat DR, you need to recheck, and you have stuff to learn about them.
    also, there's this epic stuff, of Urzatron losing to BH on offense with his DR malak. not that it make my point stronger (cause all im saying is that BH can beat DR when modded *PROPERLY*), but mainly because its funny, and its underestimate of the B tier teams, that can be really good if you know what you doing. the video of funny lose : https://youtu.be/HuHQLtV6d-0?t=3872
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    as said, jango is 34+ faster than DR before modding. its really hard to not get a turn with them.

There's tons of teams in my shard that I have more than a +34 advantage on.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    its not mod dependent if it can work with WORSE mods. and it is. as said, jango is 34+ faster than DR before modding. its really hard to not get a turn with them.
    also, @Kokie not offense or something of course. just the 'chuckle' thing is annoying thing to say if you dont even suggest anything better.
    but be honest with yourself. if you think so badly about these teams that they cant beat DR, you need to recheck, and you have stuff to learn about them.
    also, there's this epic stuff, of Urzatron losing to BH on offense with his DR malak. not that it make my point stronger (cause all im saying is that BH can beat DR when modded *PROPERLY*), but mainly because its funny, and its underestimate of the B tier teams, that can be really good if you know what you doing. the video of funny lose : https://youtu.be/HuHQLtV6d-0?t=3872

You are talking to someone who has a maxed BH team and used them in arena to take 1st before JKR dropped so I know what I'm saying when i say they arent a reliable counter to DR. Sure against a dreadfully under modded team they can win but you bring that same team against a top tier arena team and not going to happen
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Never had any issues destroying IMP troopers with my NS myself. The only team that took a little thinking was the ep/Sith teams for NS. (But this all heavily mod dependent)

Lots of factors but ya , it can go either way. Depends a lot on each teams setup
  • Kokie wrote: »
    its not mod dependent if it can work with WORSE mods. and it is. as said, jango is 34+ faster than DR before modding. its really hard to not get a turn with them.

You are talking to someone who has a maxed BH team and used them in arena to take 1st before JKR dropped so I know what I'm saying when i say they arent a reliable counter to DR. Sure against a dreadfully under modded team they can win but you bring that same team against a top tier arena team and not going to happen

you chuckle on BH ability to take DR, even tho you used them in arena ?
    you think BH won't be able to even take a single turn vs DR, even tho you used them in arena ?

one of your statement is a straight up lie, or you are one of the worst BH players in the game.

while JKR is not beatable by BHs, DR is a different story. the fact you are so struggling to believe, even after you see videos, is beyond me, really. in the first video, the player there shows 5 different wins with his BH vs DRs in arena, and your comment is "dreadfully under modded team" ? you really lack serious knowledge or you just trolling me i guess.

was digging a bit in your comments. "Bossk, Dengar, Boba, Jango, Embo is the optimal squad for Chewie/arena" - you supported that claim. considering Jango L with Nest is the most optimal, im not so sure you know your stuff about BH.

also, you have DR and Malak, so dont act like you tried with your BH vs them. try it before you "chuckle".
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Hmmm never knew we could use nest to get chewie.....totally missed that.....oh and I looked at the meta report on how many jango leads are in 1st...oh my! There is 1. And 1 bossk...so if it's so easy to best DR there should be more than 1 in1st place but alas there isnt...and as for if I tried using them...yes I have and I consider any counter team where I have under a 50% chance to counter not a very reliable counter team. I will concede you can easily get jango faster than DR but once the tm train gets rolling DR teams leave them in the dust. I'm not trolling you but speaking from experience.
  • no, thats the problem, you are not speaking from experience. if you had experience you would know that all of the DR team hits will go on a damage immunity jango, nullifying their turns completely.
    about the why would anyone use them in arena.. there are no reason. everyone have JKR, JKR can also beat DR, and he hold better on def. there's no reason to use Jango on arena.

anyway, im done with this discussion, its useless. thanks for your 0 contribution :)
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    It's quite sad how many discussions here end up with people butting heads, determined to get one up on the other.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    It's quite sad how many discussions here end up with people butting heads, determined to get one up on the other.

Same here. This could have been a productive thread. We need an updated counters list. Oh well. Hopefully someone will create one soon.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    no, thats the problem, you are not speaking from experience. if you had experience you would know that all of the DR team hits will go on a damage immunity jango, nullifying their turns completely.
    about the why would anyone use them in arena.. there are no reason. everyone have JKR, JKR can also beat DR, and he hold better on def. there's no reason to use Jango on arena.

anyway, im done with this discussion, its useless. thanks for your 0 contribution :)

Good discussion and no hard feelings but the main problem with jango led bh countering DR teams is every time they aoe they get fear which means for one the contract wont get filled fast enough to get jangos damage immunity going and also with tenacity up from Bastille on the first turn some of those critical debuffs wont stick.