Mephisto_style
5724 posts Member
edited May 2019
Everything looks filled!
iabc6c8nfmk2.png
That matters!
Layouts matter!
iug9gpcvfddc.png

Yes. I understand that there are 2 ways you knew that there were 5 team slots. 1 of those team slots disappears when you add a fleet in it he fleet spot though.

Then you click that hidden 5th spot by filling in the top section 5 times in the top section that shows 4 team slots.

This is not me preaching, but informing you as someone whose career is to present information to people for them to learn and use that information, you are confusing some players.

If I drew stuff on my chalkboard this way my students would legitimately complain they don't understand it.

And yes, I get it that you have the 4/5 and 5/5 on the map. It works if you catch it. You are still only showing the 4 teams. This is logically incongruent
bmpp3feods7n.png

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    You mean like how it says 4/5 in your top picture? That kind of fix?
  • The amount of grand arenas we've had and how literally every section has x/y for slots if you haven't noticed how many you need that's on you. If you've done it before and still did, that's on you. Sure it looks different but it's called "attention to detail" and in this case it's pretty easy to see what you need.
  • @Liath and @Syrup_Chugger3
    If you read what I wrote, I acknowledged the fraction they show.
    I did not make a mistake with it. I saw it. I am speaking to this as someone that teaches people by communicating information. Pictures you show people matter, particularly more than the fraction. I'm telling you how brains and people work.

Any teacher or communications person would concur with my post.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I understand that you acknowledged it, my point was that they already fixed it and that was the fix we got. That number wasn’t there originally. In response to people’s complaints, they added the number on the front screen and pretty much explicitly said “it has to be this way to be pretty and we value that more.” You may not like it but that’s the decision they made.
  • Liath wrote: »
    I understand that you acknowledged it, my point was that they already fixed it and that was the fix we got. That number wasn’t there originally. In response to people’s complaints, they added the number on the front screen and pretty much explicitly said “it has to be this way to be pretty and we value that more.” You may not like it but that’s the decision they made.

Ha! Thanks.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    The best thing about GA is the variety. I like the strategy of the 2x2 layout, but I also like the SMASHY SMASHY 1x1.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • When the set defences bar/button goes from green to grey that is also a indicator that you are full. I fully understand your point about showing 4 on the map instead of 5, but you have to click on said zone were a zone of 0/5 is ,but it's a matter of seconds we are talking about really . Only takes 4 seconds to see that it says 4/5 on two locations and the set defences tab is still highlighted.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    If someone doesn't read/pay attention and somehow doesn't set max defense, then it's his own fault. The visualization is good enough.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Those ewoks in defenses look though.
    I want to send my wampa or nest in solo in there :)
  • Agree with OP. They couldn’t have designed a more misleading graphical interface if they tried. When you’ve designed the interface to be eye-catching (the GA board really LOOKS cool when fully populated), it needs to be accurate as well... otherwise it crowds out the accurate information, which only appears in what is (effectively) the fine print.

And seriously, has the bar for development in this game been lowered so far that there’s now a sizable contingent of forum posters arguing that it’s impossible to expect the devs to be able to fit more than four dots in one rectangle? You guys sound ridiculous. This was a lousy design and usability decision, and it’s absolutely mind-blowing to see people defending it.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    The best thing about GA is the variety. I like the strategy of the 2x2 layout, but I also like the SMASHY SMASHY 1x1.

Yeah it's nice to have variety. Just not a fan of the opponents being able to see all my cards on the table is all.

Git gud ;)

(Or git Malak ;);))
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Agree with OP. They couldn’t have designed a more misleading graphical interface if they tried. When you’ve designed the interface to be eye-catching (the GA board really LOOKS cool when fully populated), it needs to be accurate as well... otherwise it crowds out the accurate information, which only appears in what is (effectively) the fine print.

And seriously, has the bar for development in this game been lowered so far that there’s now a sizable contingent of forum posters arguing that it’s impossible to expect the devs to be able to fit more than four dots in one rectangle? You guys sound ridiculous. This was a lousy design and usability decision, and it’s absolutely mind-blowing to see people defending it.

It’s not defending it so much as thinking it’s really not a big deal because it won’t cause a problem if people just pay attention and therefore development energy would be better spent on other things.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Agree with OP. They couldn’t have designed a more misleading graphical interface if they tried. When you’ve designed the interface to be eye-catching (the GA board really LOOKS cool when fully populated), it needs to be accurate as well... otherwise it crowds out the accurate information, which only appears in what is (effectively) the fine print.

It’s not defending it so much as thinking it’s really not a big deal because it won’t cause a problem if people just pay attention and therefore development energy would be better spent on other things.

I’m a pretty diligent player, and even I got caught out by this in one of the first GAs. I realized my mistake before the attack phase began, but by then I had already deployed a suboptimal defense based on an erroneous understanding of the number of squads needed.

In my opinion, player expectations for this simple design stuff SHOULD be higher. The ceaseless development of new toons and strategies means that striking a good gameplay balance is always going to be a challenge for the devs. I get that, and allowing them some leeway on the mechanical elements of new game modes is fine. But when they so consistently and thoroughly botch the relatively simple interface design stuff, it leaves this player wondering if they’re even competent to handle the complex stuff.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    No need for Malak or JKR. But I think you already know that 😉

but what if you want to win though?
    Save water, drink champagne!