Counter team for Darth Revan with Malak using..Seperatists?! yes...they are good!

obikenobi1
113 posts Member
edited May 2019
Been doing lots of theory crafting lately to try and figure out a way to beat the best Darth Revan teams in squad arena right now that use Darth Malak and without having insane "God Mods". As a note, you still will need good mod sets...you can't win in this game if you haven't invested time in farming good mods. But if you've got +16 to +20 secondary speeds you'll do just fine with this squad design. Okay, so lets dig into this unique squad build and how it works.

Darth Revan (lead)
Bastilla Fallen
Count Dooku
Asajj Ventress
Nute Gunray

Turn order is important in this lineup but it should work very well!

You want the turn order to be:

(1) Count Dooku (easy to get him faster than any character on opposing Darth Revan teams with his base speed being 179 when max geared)
(2) Assaj Ventress (against the most common meta Darth Revan teams, Ventress gets a +30 speed boost from her unique because Malak and HK don't have buffs to start the match, getting her speed to 146 instead of 116)
(3) Nute Gunray (very fast base speed of 168, easy to get him fast enough to go here when Dooku is going first)
(4) Bastilla Fallen (put your best mod set on her to get her fast)
(5) Darth Revan (last in turn order but he works best after Bastilla Fallen goes first...aka follow up with Lacerate when attacking someone with CBM thereby reducing cool downs if target is leader)

How does this all work then? Here's the idea behind it:

(1) Count Dooku goes first. Does his Master of Makashi SA. Gives seperatists 15% TM. He won't give himself the TM but....Nute and Asajj aren't sith....so they get 15% TM right away)

(2) with the 15% TM boost, Asajj is now quite faster than other Revans and Bastlla, and she can clear all their Buffs (foresights on Darth Revan and Bastilla Fallen and taunt from Sith Trooper). Plus she has a 50% chance to remove 20% turn meter from all those she cleared buffs from. Not nessesary to win, but a really nice bonus and it makes victory much more a sure thing) And yes, she can remove turn meter from the Darth Revan team because none of them are debuffed yet. =)

(3) Nute Gunray goes and does Extortion. The key thing here is he inflicts Speed Down on ALL enemies. Speed down is -25% speed which more than offsets the +15 speed boost they are getting from the speed down debuff being on them. Target enemy with Extortion also has -30% speed due to Nutes unique, so -55% speed for a specific person, -25% for everyone else.

(4) with all the enemy team now slower due to Speed down, your Bastilla Fallen can now goe and apply CBM and start inflicting fear and many other debuffs on them. The key thing is she inflicts CBM. Enemies can't inflict debuffs when Bastilla Fallen is under Darth Revan lead, so if their Darth Revan or Bastilla goes....no fear...no CBM on your guys...nothing!

(5) no taunting tank means that Darth Revan can now do insanity against opposing Darth Revan making them all gain fear. Their CD's are increased, and they miss their next turn.

and after this its time to start demolishing their team. Nute Gunray will use his Motivate SA to mass attack someone not Darth Revan if they had Extortion on them and also at the same time increase their CD by 1. Nutes unique ability increases damage output of Dooku and Asajj who both inflict debuffs on their basics, thereby doing 5% of max hp in bonus damage.

So this is what I came up with for a counter to Darth Revan teams using Nute of all people to do it. Dooku's rework is quite good when you consider he is the second fastest character in the game and gives a speed boost via 15% tm to seperatists. Side note: enemies can't clear Extortion when they are force to skip their turn thanks to Fear....making Extortion stay out there a little longer)

Replies

• TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options
    CBM is a passive debuff, it can't be stopped by your applying CBM.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    When you say theory crafting, have you actually tested this against a decent DR/DM team? Feel it will get trashed.
  • Options
    When you say theory crafting, have you actually tested this against a decent DR/DM team? Feel it will get trashed.

haven't tested it yet in-game, but the numbers to work out when i do the math with my current mod sets (which a lot of people probably have close to) to get the turn order.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

it would stop all the other debuffs tho which is pretty important. not getting struck by the fear debuff by Revan's insanity is pretty huge and you instead get first strike inflicting it on them. Usually i've noticed in Darth Revan matches, the person with the faster Bastilla Fallen wins.
  • Options
    obikenobi1 wrote: »

haven't tested it yet in-game, but the numbers to work out when i do the math with my current mod sets (which a lot of people probably have close to) to get the turn order.

zp1539bpbbyx.gif
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    obikenobi1 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

it would stop all the other debuffs tho which is pretty important. not getting struck by the fear debuff by Revan's insanity is pretty huge and you instead get first strike inflicting it on them. Usually i've noticed in Darth Revan matches, the person with the faster Bastilla Fallen wins.

Ok but you said
    no CBM on your guys

which is not true.

Also your thread title is very misleading because
    haven't tested it yet in-game
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH