Trust the Force...

KalHorn
102 posts Member
edited May 2019
The last big bout of communication restored my faith in CG and made me excited for the direction the seem to have. I think the new TB and Clone Wars content as well GA championship will be the next great thing in this captivating game.

I really wish/hope they include these things in the coming update(s):
1) PLEASE put mk8 biotech implant salvage (gold eyeballs) back in HAAT rewards. If I have run out of my stockpile of thousands then I know this a problem for a lot of players. Plus HAAT rewards were supposed to get more useful but don’t seem much better anyway (Rancor is much more relevant rewards and HAAT should surpass Rancor)
2) New capital ships to revitalize stale ship arena and be able to utilize all our ships.
3) Fix B1 Kit so he dispels locking debuffs as Fracture, Isolate, Plague shouldn’t effect the entire “Army” of B1s, just those attacked.
4) The highly requested Mace rework
5) Don’t make GA championship character lock-in last from the first opponent all the way through the end of the whole series. It would be awkward and frustrating to still be using mods/gear levels from 3 weeks prior.
6) Geonosian/droid hybrids from comic
7) Darth Sidious gets a Separatist tag. He did lead Dooku and all the Separatist leaders throughout the whole war.
8) Make Omegas more accessible (regularly for crystals in weekly shipments is a good start).
9) Rework Clone Wars Chewbacca in honor of the great Peter Mayhew
10) The ability to lock out individual platoons in TB! This way you don’t waste characters when you can’t fill them all.

Please share your hopes for the upcoming content!
Post edited by KalHorn on

Replies

• KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    I have also thought for a while how a vulture droid would be awesome if you didn’t have to upgrade the character, just the ship for fleets
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    KalHorn wrote: »
    I have also thought for a while how a vulture droid would be awesome if you didn’t have to upgrade the character, just the ship for fleets

Enjoy the 30 gold omegas to upgrade lv1 ability..... “hey no gear but 680 omega to max ship”. They would get you one way or other
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    New raid. As Anhalt and mobile gamer pointed out in there last video, the last time this game piked in revenue and interest ij the player base was when the sith raid was launched.
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    Being able to change teams on GA or TW if you've placed the wrong one.
  • Never trust CG
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I'd just like to point out that in that same post they talked about meta-diversity. Then spent the last couple weeks actively manipulating any team that theory crafting players came up with to challenge Malak. So yeah, place trust in CG with extreme caution. And be prepared to amend that decision in the future.
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Just to temper your optimism: No change regarding the whale gear situation is in sight, DR-Malak is still the sacred cow of a team, absurdly difficult legendaries seem to be the new norm, no comment on the ridiculously short notice and duration of the Malak event and there has been absolutely no word regarding any change related to ships. Yeah, better not get carried away...
  • KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Just to temper your optimism: No change regarding the whale gear situation is in sight, DR-Malak is still the sacred cow of a team, absurdly difficult legendaries seem to be the new norm, no comment on the ridiculously short notice and duration of the Malak event and there has been absolutely no word regarding any change related to ships. Yeah, better not get carried away...

-No change stated on the new gear (which can be farmed in a not super unreasonable amount of time) doesn’t mean it’s not coming. 3-6 months is generally the timeline they give for an appropriate P2P-F2P transition of new content.

-It’s normal for new meta like DR-Malak to persist for at least 3 months. They provided a counter team significantly faster this time with Padmé.

-New Legendary/Mythic content should be appropriately challenging for the state of the game. I am F2P and (just barely) got 7 star Padmé, DR, C3PO, Chewie, (6 star) Falcon all first pass with focused effort and investment in what seemed to be coming next.

-They did comment on short timeline for Malak, Carrie said it was intended those on the “tip of the spear” would get him. I got DR but NOT Malak and have zero issues with how they did the event (except for the Malak Sith TM change after the fact - should have just blocked Sith leader abilities TM gain in my opinion).

-Like arena meta shifts, ship change has to be inevitably coming
  • KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    More communication would always be nice but at least their last communiques are addressing the major concerns and things that are coming up.

lol, not sure what to think though about my title for this discussion being edited to remove “and CG” when I am advocating to have faith in them.
  • Heck yeah Sid should get the Separatist tag.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

-No change stated on the new gear (which can be farmed in a not super unreasonable amount of time) doesn’t mean it’s not coming. 3-6 months is generally the timeline they give for an appropriate P2P-F2P transition of new content.
    And it doesn't mean it is coming either.
    -It’s normal for new meta like DR-Malak to persist for at least 3 months. They provided a counter team significantly faster this time with Padmé.
    Which is why we see all the Padmé teams in arena, right?
    -They did comment on short timeline for Malak, Carrie said it was intended those on the “tip of the spear” would get him. I got DR but NOT Malak and have zero issues with how they did the event (except for the Malak Sith TM change after the fact - should have just blocked Sith leader abilities TM gain in my opinion).
    Two days duration means that is extremely easy to miss due to scheduling conflict, all it takes is going camping for one weekend. And the TM change is what I am talking about when calling DR-Malak the "sacred cow", so you actually agree with me?
    -Like arena meta shifts, ship change has to be inevitably coming
    It will probably change sometime in the future, the question is when. Mil F event's second run has passed and no word about any new ships...
  • KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    You’re correct on your replies. In the title of the post I put Trust. I could have put faith instead, which is the hope for things not seen. Logic and past trends make it a well founded trust that the gear will become more accessible.

Padmé is a good Counter but isn’t the same defensively and shouldn’t supplant DR-Malak, at least not yet. So I guess I agree Malak is the sacred cow until it’s determined it’s been long enough to reward the investment to get him.

It would suck to be within reach of Malak and miss it because you were out in the boonies for 4 days but those prepared for Malak are not likely to be not logging in for that long.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    You’re correct on your replies. In the title of the post I put Trust. I could have put faith instead, which is the hope for things not seen. Logic and past trends make it a well founded trust that the gear will become more accessible.

Padmé is a good Counter but isn’t the same defensively and shouldn’t supplant DR-Malak, at least not yet. So I guess I agree Malak is the sacred cow until it’s determined it’s been long enough to reward the investment to get him.

It would suck to be within reach of Malak and miss it because you were out in the boonies for 4 days but those prepared for Malak are not likely to be not logging in for that long.

Still, a two-day event is extremely easy to miss, especially if it's a weekend. It imo shouldn't be the case for meta-defining characters.
  • Darthsm
    56 posts Member
    Before all that CLS wants his awing
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    1) Definitely
    2) Definitely
    3) Definitely
    4) Sure
    5) Disagree. It has to be this way IMO.
    6) No idea what these are, but ok. If for nothing else, but to be able to roster a full Geonosian team. The Tuskans feel more complete as a faction than the Geos and they have less characters.
    7) No way man. Sidious wasn't a separatist any more than he was GR. They were all puppets to him.
    8) Yes. 1000x YES!
    9) Disagree. They did honor Peter Mayhew in a totally appropriate way IMO. Plus, the Clone Wars version was never portrayed by Mayhew in the first place. If they were going to do a rework for that reason, that's the wrong character to get it.
    10) I don't really see the point IMO. I mean, you're still getting points for deploying them in the platoon, so it's never really a waste.

I'll add my own hope for the future:
    11) Give the droid faction one viable faction-specific leader. They only ever had one and it got killed when Darth Revan came along. I don't care if it comes in the form of a new toon, or if it's a rework to an existing droid (L3 really should have a lead), but as a faction, they really don't have a single viable leader anymore, and they have to rely on generic leadership abilities (IG88 for example).
  • zegene
    249 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Darth Sidious is not a seperatist so he is not their leader. He just uses them for his own purposes like Count Dooku tried to use Darth Sidious.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    11) Give the droid faction one viable faction-specific leader. They only ever had one and it got killed when Darth Revan came along. I don't care if it comes in the form of a new toon, or if it's a rework to an existing droid (L3 really should have a lead), but as a faction, they really don't have a single viable leader anymore, and they have to rely on generic leadership abilities (IG88 for example).

I couldn't agree more. Also, I just read this and it gave me pause: http://collider.com/solo-l3-death-explained/#l3-37
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    DTA dont trust anyone

specially big coagulated gravey hot dog bun cheeseburger guts running around with liquor pops and giving my pet goaldfish bottle tokes and shooters....
  • KalHorn wrote: »
    The last big bout of communication restored my faith in CG and made me excited for the direction the seem to have. I think the new TB and Clone Wars content as well GA championship will be the next great thing in this captivating game.

I really wish/hope they include these things in the coming update(s):
    1) PLEASE put mk8 biotech implant salvage (gold eyeballs) back in HAAT rewards. If I have run out of my stockpile of thousands then I know this a problem for a lot of players. Plus HAAT rewards were supposed to get more useful but don’t seem much better anyway (Rancor is much more relevant rewards and HAAT should surpass Rancor)
    2) New capital ships to revitalize stale ship arena and be able to utilize all our ships.
    3) Fix B1 Kit so he dispels locking debuffs as Fracture, Isolate, Plague shouldn’t effect the entire “Army” of B1s, just those attacked.
    4) The highly requested Mace rework
    5) Don’t make GA championship character lock-in last from the first opponent all the way through the end of the whole series. It would be awkward and frustrating to still be using mods/gear levels from 3 weeks prior.
    6) Geonosian/droid hybrids from comic
    7) Darth Sidious gets a Separatist tag. He did lead Dooku and all the Separatist leaders throughout the whole war.
    8) Make Omegas more accessible (regularly for crystals in weekly shipments is a good start).
    9) Rework Clone Wars Chewbacca in honor of the great Peter Mayhew
    10) The ability to lock out individual platoons in TB! This way you don’t waste characters when you can’t fill them all.

Please share your hopes for the upcoming content!

#3 - I respectfully disagree. I think there are some abilities that need to maintain their sovereignty. It's what sets those characters apart from the rest.
    #4 - Jules Winnfield level upgrade is absolutely warranted and necessary.
    #8 - Just don't see that happening... it's a leverage against us.
    #9 - If not for Peter Mayhew, how about we just honor Chewy in his prime?! I could see them doing something, but I bet it won't be game changing.
  • I should rephrase #3... I'm OK with those special attacks affecting the entirety of the B1 legion as a special condition.
  • I'd rather see Jar Jar than Fallen Jedi Knight Anakin.
    In the title of the post I put Trust. I could have put faith instead, which is the hope for things not seen.

Both words are strongly tied together and in this case there is no difference. "Faith" goes back to the Latin fidere, which means "to trust." Also, can you actually see trust itself? No. You can see its results (or the lack thereof). For example - I trust you to pick me up with the boat I fell out of instead of you zooming off and leaving me to drown. But I cannot with my eyes see the concept that is trust, except as it is represented by the boat circling back to get me out of the water.

In the OED, the top definition of "trust" is "to have faith or confidence in...", while the top definition of "faith" is "the fulfillment of a trust or promise..."

Most my entire career I've been a writer.
    This is my Friday Fun Fact.

• KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    Rather than the OED I was going for a MUCH older definition, albeit translated somewhat more recently into English.
    “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” ~ Hebrews 11:1
  • KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    I can concede the points on Darth Sidious, they were all pawns but just as he was the real Phantom Menace I would argue he was the real Separatist that pulled apart a set of groups that would otherwise have worked together. In the end they were both sides fighting towards the same objectives, unbeknownst to themselves. Consolidate power in Palpatine and kill Jedi in body and spirit.

What’s never been clear to me is how much did Dooku know of Sidious/Palpatine and his objectives for the war.
    Rather than the OED I was going for a MUCH older definition, albeit translated somewhat more recently into English.
    “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” ~ Hebrews 11:1

Gotcha, however, the OED also notes the ancient Greek ties to that word (among many others), which still matches with the use today. The reason I did not include it (or the many other language ties) in my comment was because it's not as immediately apparent because of the alphabet differences. The word "faith" in that Hebrews passage was substituted for the Greek pístis, which comes from peithó, and there are multiple shades of that word that mean things like "to be persuaded" or "to be convinced" or "to be trusted", etc. It is used a lot throughout the NT referring often to things that can be seen, like crowds or individuals.

• KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    FilthyJawa wrote: »
    I should rephrase #3... I'm OK with those special attacks affecting the entirety of the B1 legion as a special condition.

I guess with the fragile nature and poor intelligence of B1s, I am fine with a tactical genius like Thrawn, powerful Sith like Traya or legendary strategist/warrior like Revan to be able to fracture/isolate/mark a large group of them.
  • KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    11) Give the droid faction one viable faction-specific leader.

12) We need Hondo Ohnaka! His Kowakian monkey lizard should do something with a special attack.
    13) Duchess Satine with GK synergy.
    14) Mod salvage nodes should have guaranteed drop of 1-3, like how mod nodes have guaranteed drops.
    15) Reduce initial ship energy refreshes to 50 or 75 crystals