Scouting g12 Revan team with no mods

2Next

Replies

• I thought this was the reason your gp in the stats page dosnt drop when you remove mods
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    The average player does not have 6 dot mods sitting around unassigned.

The average player also doesn’t have 6* mods sitting on useless characters that they can freely remove to drop GP. Those are their best mods and they’re using them on characters that matter regardless of whether they keep mods on JKG and Lobot or not.

I gave examples of several teams that would have or would have had 6 dot mods on them. Separatists for the Padme event, Geos for fleet (and the Padme event), Finn/Poe for raids (and pre-nerf counter teams), T3/Carth for the DR event. Half of those I just listed, I could pull off to gain favorable matchups in GA. And I'm no whale. I'm sure there are players who have g12 Phoenix that had 6 dot mods they don't need or Ewoks that they used for the 3PO event, etc.

You are both long time players and smart ones. I'm not sure why you're suddenly pretending that this doesn't happen.

Truly awful examples

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The average player does not have 6 dot mods sitting around unassigned.

The average player also doesn’t have 6* mods sitting on useless characters that they can freely remove to drop GP. Those are their best mods and they’re using them on characters that matter regardless of whether they keep mods on JKG and Lobot or not.

I gave examples of several teams that would have or would have had 6 dot mods on them. Separatists for the Padme event, Geos for fleet (and the Padme event), Finn/Poe for raids (and pre-nerf counter teams), T3/Carth for the DR event. Half of those I just listed, I could pull off to gain favorable matchups in GA. And I'm no whale. I'm sure there are players who have g12 Phoenix that had 6 dot mods they don't need or Ewoks that they used for the 3PO event, etc.

You are both long time players and smart ones. I'm not sure why you're suddenly pretending that this doesn't happen.

Truly awful examples

Fantastic counter point. Let's pretend for a moment that everyone here is much smarter than me (for some of you, that seems to be the default position anyway) - please explain to me like I'm a padawan what "resulted in some degenerative behavior patterns as a result." could possibly mean then.

The only way I can think of to intentionally "degenerate" your roster (i.e. have it lose quality or deteriorate) is by stripping mods. You can't "unlevel" characters. You can't remove gear to make it weaker. Unless I am missing something mod stripping is the only possible "degenerative behavior" he can be talking about.

Regardless as to whether or not people agree that it is a "fair" or "desirable" tactic to manipulate GP to gain an advantage, it seems that CG doesn't think so. And has not only noticed it taking place, but plans to take action to mitigate it's effectiveness. Whether you like my examples or not.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I think you are missing the likelihood that Crumb didn’t mean it quite that literally and just meant it in the sense of “bad thing we don’t like promoting.”

The fact that people scrutinize every word of their posts to the degree you are doing in order to read into them things the devs may never have even thought of is why we can’t have the level of communication people claim to want.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I think you are missing the likelihood that Crumb didn’t mean it quite that literally and just meant it in the sense of “bad thing we don’t like promoting.”

The fact that people scrutinize every word of their posts to the degree you are doing in order to read into them things the devs may never have even thought of is why we can’t have the level of communication people claim to want.

Once again, it seems you are more set on being "right", than trying to simply have a discussion on what his statement meant. IMHO, it's very clear (and my humble opinion is based on the English language - not "scrutinizing" every word). Honestly, when I read that statement it seemed very clear what he meant. "Degenerative behavior" doesn't mean "bad things we don't like happening" - unless you are jumping to a lot of conclusions to get there. The wording he chose is fairly clear. It seems as though some of you are reading into it what you hope he means or want it to mean. I know you would prefer that GA remain as is - you've made that very clear in other threads.

But whatever - if you want to dismiss his point as "saying something he really didn't mean the way he said it", that's your prerogative. I, for one, am glad they are tweaking the GA matchup process. I realize you don't feel that way - and that's fine. Your entitled to your opinion - just not your own set of facts or interpretation of fairly clear statements.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Once again, it seems you are more set on being "right", than trying to simply have a discussion on what his statement meant. IMHO, it's very clear (and my humble opinion is based on the English language - not "scrutinizing" every word). Honestly, when I read that statement it seemed very clear what he meant. "Degenerative behavior" doesn't mean "bad things we don't like happening" - unless you are jumping to a lot of conclusions to get there. The wording he chose is fairly clear. It seems as though some of you are reading into it what you hope he means or want it to mean. I know you would prefer that GA remain as is - you've made that very clear in other threads.

But whatever - if you want to dismiss his point as "saying something he really didn't mean the way he said it", that's your prerogative. I, for one, am glad they are tweaking the GA matchup process. I realize you don't feel that way - and that's fine. Your entitled to your opinion - just not your own set of facts or interpretation of fairly clear statements.

How I feel about changing the GA matching has absolutely nothing to do with it. When I read that post I thought he was talking about people not activating characters or leaving them at level 1 in order to avoid “fluff GP.” That’s not some idealized version of what I hope he means and it’s not an interpretation that helps me. Maybe he was talking about removing mods but I honestly doubt it. The rest of the post talks about making it so that gearing up teams that aren’t to a usable level yet won’t count against you so much. Does my interpretation match up with the literal definition of degenerative? Maybe not, but it’s how I read the post and I think there’s at least a reasonable chance it’s how the post was intended.
  • Could have also ment degenrative behavior as in people not seting def(pre autoset) and only seting one squad (post autoset)
  • But in all likelihood its probably meant as broadspectrum covering all these behaviors and more
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I was curious as to why my first opponent had 0 mods on his jedi revan whom he saved for offense. I still won though, but if I had lost I may have reported him as I had much better mods and developed teams.
  • As an end user, it's pretty much impossible to tell whether your opponent is definitively cheating or honestly just moving mods around for raids, arena, events, etc.

If you see something suspicious report it to CG_Leviathan and then move on with your life. The game developers have actual logs they can look at to see the context of why mods may or may not have been moved. It will show quite definitively if the mods were moved to characters immediately before they were used in GA/TW, and they'll be warned (and subsequently given a time out if reported again).

If they were merely re-modding their roster or shuffling things for some other game mode it will reflect that too.

There's no sense in these endlessly speculative threads - we just don't have enough data to make an firm conclusion in regards to abusing mods in GA/TW. Not enough data points on our end.