Why Does Squad arena keep giving me people that are overpowered

70qs145utqhf.png
I don't even play Squad Arena any more cause the ridiculous overpowered people I have to fight
I am Trying to Get more power but
Its so **** hard

Replies

• Sorry for swearing I'm just frustrated cause I can't even play Squad Arena anymore with getting bumped down
    Any tips?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Arena groups are locked in with people who started around the same time as you. they open when the previous one closes and close when they hit 20k.

Focus on a team with good synergy. an early game one is Phoenix. generally speaking your arena team should be one of your more powerful teams with an eye on improving them or switching to a better one at the earliest chance.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    One day you will look at squads like that and wonder why people field such mismatched trash.

Kyno's advice is good. If you want more specific advice, setting up an swgoh.gg profile and posting a link to it would be a good start.
  • Thankstank wrote: »
    70qs145utqhf.png
    I don't even play Squad Arena any more cause the ridiculous overpowered people I have to fight
    Its so **** hard

If you consider those squads overpowered you really need to quit playing the game. Can't imagine or fathom how you think 22k GP as a team is over powered when their are toons 22k on their own
  • Beast1985 wrote: »
    Thankstank wrote: »
    70qs145utqhf.png
    Its so **** hard

If you consider those squads overpowered you really need to quit playing the game. Can't imagine or fathom how you think 22k GP as a team is over powered when their are toons 22k on their own

Just quit. Great advice there.
  • Beast1985 wrote: »
    70qs145utqhf.png
    Its so **** hard

Come on bro. He almost certainly is a new player. Telling him to quit does no good.

@the OP, keep plugging at it. As others have said, focus on building toons with synergy and you will quickly find yourself destroying those teams. Remember, while top teams do tend to have high GP, GP is not the best measure of a team’s strength.
  • It's best to focus farming/gearing specific teams that work well together. At early levels your best bet is start farming either phoenix or FO (imo). KRU is a great early farm because you get a top tank in arena and a good ship.
  • Message me on discord. Gahndi#2879. I think I can help you with development and steer you along.
  • Thankstank wrote: »
    Sorry for swearing I'm just frustrated cause I can't even play Squad Arena anymore with getting bumped down
    Any tips?

What are you running now? What else do you have in your roster? What are you currently working on?
    You have to build new characters to improve. If you are running Jedi Consular, Clone Wars Chewie, Talia, Clone Sarge, and Jawa right now, you're going to have a bad time.
    Go get yourself Phoenix squadron: Hera Syndulla, Kanan Jarrus, Ezra Bridger, Garazeb Orrelios, and Chopper. That is a pretty good team for early game and opens roads to other more powerful characters like Emperor Palpatine, Grand Admiral Thrawn, and Grand Master Yoda. Plus, they have Rebel ships that work well with Admiral Ackbar (which you get for free!) when the fleet arena opens.
    There are other teams you could go get. First Order, Nightsisters, Scoundrels, Bounty Hunters, there are a bunch of fun ones out there. But Phoenix is a great way to start because they are not that hard to collect and they allow you to progress.
  • Another vote for Phoenix - they can be farmed in different stores etc. Unlock several great characters and have ships.
    If you refuse to farm Phoenix ( a mistake ! )
    Then plan ahead:
    • Build an Empire/Imperial Trooper team to unlock R2
    • Build an Original Rebel team to unlock CLS (Leia, STH, Old Ben, Farmboy Luke)
    • Build a BHunter team.....for all their events, Credit Heist and Chewie event.
  • Hahah I thought the exact same thing when I had just started playing! I didn't realize that I was actually fighting other players' teams and going up in rank at first. Arena is good fun though.
  • Another vote for Phoenix - they can be farmed in different stores etc. Unlock several great characters and have ships.
    If you refuse to farm Phoenix ( a mistake ! )
    Then plan ahead:
    • Build an Empire/Imperial Trooper team to unlock R2
    • Build an Original Rebel team to unlock CLS (Leia, STH, Old Ben, Farmboy Luke)
    • Build a BHunter team.....for all their events, Credit Heist and Chewie event.

My first Pillar was a slightly different approach - I made reaching 7* Jedi my immediate priority
    I'm only now beginning to collect Phoenix Squad as well as First Order toons to unlcok BB8

Yea, I'm fairly new to this game but I would recommend to not quit
  • s0bbx0y03ehn.jpg

The most efficient way to make progress is to follow this chart. Good luck.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    70qs145utqhf.png
    Its so **** hard

Better off quitting, if those are tough to you then you're gonna be having fun when you see the whales in the top 10.
  • Like a number have stated before the best bet is to go for phoenix and then progress from there.

But because every man and his dog does that (which is rightly so in my opinion because they are class to begin with and unlock 2 legendaries), and you fancy doing something different then just focus on ANY faction that have good synergy together. Jedi, Empire, Bounty Hunters, Scoundrels etc. Once you start to build a bit of synergy you'll be able to smash all 3 of those teams you posted and it will become a lot more enjoyable for you!

Whatever you decide to go with good luck and don't give up! Without sounding disrespectful you sound like you're still a beginner in regards to what you have available to use and still have a long way to go in this game to turn it around
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Arena groups are locked in with people who started around the same time as you. they open when the previous one closes and close when they hit 20k.

Focus on a team with good synergy. an early game one is Phoenix. generally speaking your arena team should be one of your more powerful teams with an eye on improving them or switching to a better one at the earliest chance.

I just started an alt on our tablet for my kid to play and unlocked arena after about 12 hours. I looked to see who was at the top and check this out.

odrdwzvanz61.jpg

So, after 12 hours we're already several months behind. Already has 211 completed raids. How can you explain this?
  • X3ina
    108 posts Member
    He stopped gaining any exp at lvl 27, from that moment he:
    1) started hoarding free energy
    2) joined raids hosted by his guild
    3) accumulated huge amounts of gear and currency from the raids
    4) tracked the start of new arena shard

And only then, when he felt comfortable enough, he got lvl 28. All this crap was done to get him unfair advantage against other f2p newbies and some kind of equiality vs whales at the start
  • DarthJelly
    66 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Drewbee wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I just started an alt on our tablet for my kid to play and unlocked arena after about 12 hours. I looked to see who was at the top and check this out.

odrdwzvanz61.jpg

So, after 12 hours we're already several months behind. Already has 211 completed raids. How can you explain this?

That sucks. Only thing I can think is, the shards go until they fill up to 20k players then they close and the next starts. So it's either new players aren't coming in quick enough and the shards been open a few weeks/months or you were just really unlucky with your timing. Could also be the fact Money has been spent but equally that doesn't account for the 200+ raids.
  • NNWO
    17 posts Member
    s0bbx0y03ehn.jpg

That needs an update with the two Revan's and Malak.
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    NNWO wrote: »
    s0bbx0y03ehn.jpg

That needs an update with the two Revan's and Malak.

They're not really early game characters.