Thank you EA and Developers.

moddom
238 posts Member
edited December 2015
Some will like the 500 crystals for the Barriss package, others will hate they only got 500 crystals. The package gave me, and the other people who bought it much more than just one character in Barris. Those that wanted a refund have already gone through either ios or google play to do so, so I appreciate the gesture from EA. I am glad to see that the game is going the way of trying to make all characters balanced/viable instead of being a blatant p2w. I myself do pay money for this game because I want to support those who are making, and allow the game to continue on so others can play it for free. The game is not bug free and mistakes have been made but in time I think this game will be great. In the end we're all Star Wars fans and just want to play the characters we saw growing up, and to feel like we are being treated fairly when we purchase something and not taken advantage of. This was a step in the right direction and I know some won't agree with me but a lot of hard work is being put into this game and I just want to thank those who make it possible.

Replies

• Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    It is a step in the right direction, even if so small it looks like EA never moved.

Unfortunately there have still been far too many steps backward in bugs and lack of customer service.

Would like to see more and bigger steps forward in these areas.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I agree. 500 is more than enough. They could have given nothing but decided to do something to make the players happy.

Barris is still widely used and she still performs her job admirably. I don't see her going away any time soon.
  • Keaven wrote: »
    It is a step in the right direction, even if so small it looks like EA never moved.

Unfortunately there have still been far too many steps backward in bugs and lack of customer service.

Would like to see more and bigger steps forward in these areas.

I completely agree, however I am happy to see that they have put forward some sort of an effort for the time being.
  • I may have put 5000 Crystals in Barriss. I used several 400 refreshes to gear her up fast. A step in the right direction would be to not have nerfed her. She was not OP. I never use her in Arena and she is not my choice in any game. I make it #1 in Arena any time I want. And nobody in the top 10 in my server uses her for good reason.

I find it great that you are happy. You surely didn't invest like 5000 Crystals gearing up fast. Was this the right choice for the Crystals? I don't know, but I do know After the nerf I stopped using her altogether.
  • I may have put 5000 Crystals in Barriss. I used several 400 refreshes to gear her up fast. A step in the right direction would be to not have nerfed her. She was not OP. I never use her in Arena and she is not my choice in any game. I make it #1 in Arena any time I want. And nobody in the top 10 in my server uses her for good reason.

I find it great that you are happy. You surely didn't invest like 5000 Crystals gearing up fast. Was this the right choice for the Crystals? I don't know, but I do know After the nerf I stopped using her altogether.

I think most people are long past the "she wasn't OP" phase. Trying to convince people that you just randomly spent $50 (+5000 crystals) on a non-mainstream character, is just silly. The pack came with three characters, yet the only one folks are up in arms about, is the one character that was statistically found to have been overperforming, by the Devs. You could have easily dropped 5000 crystals on one of the other characters in that pack, and it end up getting a buff, but that didn't happen. You invested in the one you heard was OP.

Don't get me wrong, from a consumer perspective, it sucks, I get it.

I'm calling bullsh*t ;) no character as of the current cap and gear limit, would require a fifth of what you said to max.
  • Wow finally a sensible group of p2p players, I applaud you guys.
  • Well from top healer (i agree a bit op), to the healer with lowest heal and lowest dmg that's just messed up imo. They did nerf the healinG crazy much any other healer would be better choice, not sure about tala but probably :neutral:

I'm calling bullsh*t ;) no character as of the current cap and gear limit, would require a fifth of what you said to max.

I can see it easily taking that if he's opting for 200 and 400 crystal energy refills instead of waiting for the reset back to 50.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • I use Talia all the time.

To the poster about not 5000, yes, likely 5000. 3 days of up to 400 Crystal refresh for gear, and you see 5000 as the low end.

Also, why would I invest in a weak character, and not in the one there's agreement is a great character?
  • Regeneration
    303 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    It's right. I refilled and stop at 900.
    Post edited by Regeneration on
  • I use Talia all the time.

To the poster about not 5000, yes, likely 5000. 3 days of up to 400 Crystal refresh for gear, and you see 5000 as the low end.

Also, why would I invest in a weak character, and not in the one there's agreement is a great character?

Then that's your own fault plain and simple, you shouldn't and won't get compensated for what you choose to do with crystals, they supplied them, you got them, that's their side of the deal done.
  • I'm so happy that I'm not involved in this whole debacle.........F2P has it's benefits!!! Enjoy the crystals guys!!!
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    One wrote: »
    Well from top healer (i agree a bit op), to the healer with lowest heal and lowest dmg that's just messed up imo. They did nerf the healinG crazy much any other healer would be better choice, not sure about tala but probably :neutral:

Let me tell you bro Barriss was pre nerf and after only good for the clutch heal that didn't adhere to the healing immunity debuff. That was and still is a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE advantage. Everyone looks at things from a right this second perspective and dont understand that this game is in a constant evolution of new content. Do you think HP's will stay at 8-11k once they unlock the lvl 60 constraint? At level 70, level 80 HP's could hit 15-22k. How good is Barris then we she has 25k hit points and can raise the WHOLE teams 20k HPs back to full whether there is a healing debuff or not.

The developers have and always will know more about this game than we ever will. They attend the Directing Developers meeting every morning. They know what the future of the game is. We don't. So while they may be drastic changes I truly believe they are made using the long term interests of the gane in mind and not the "right now". I know Barris is an asset and while I don't use her in the current Meta best believe when HPs and damage shoots through the roof once they release the level cap Luminaras little 5-6k heal that is limited by immunity debuff will get the boot for Barriss 25k team heal.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    WhipiT wrote: »
    How good is Barris then we she has 25k hit points and can raise the WHOLE teams 20k HPs back to full whether there is a healing debuff or not.
    She won't be able to do that. She can save one character who is being focused down by vampiring health from other characters. If the "whole" team is down a lot, all she will be able to do is give them back 15% (and that's not even reachable now).
    For a "clutch team heal" -- such as is needed against heavy AoE teams -- she's literally the worst healer in the game, except maybe Talia (because of the masochism factor). This is why I believe she was over-nerfed... 50-80% reduction is massive.
    Barriss has her uses, but you are exaggerating here.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Don't bring logic to a poo flinging fight .....great post qeltar but I don't see the f2p haters seeing the fact in it
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    Don't bring logic to a poo flinging fight .....great post qeltar but I don't see the f2p haters seeing the fact in it

Ditto
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    WhipiT wrote: »
    How good is Barris then we she has 25k hit points and can raise the WHOLE teams 20k HPs back to full whether there is a healing debuff or not.
    She won't be able to do that. She can save one character who is being focused down by vampiring health from other characters. If the "whole" team is down a lot, all she will be able to do is give them back 15% (and that's not even reachable now).
    For a "clutch team heal" -- such as is needed against heavy AoE teams -- she's literally the worst healer in the game, except maybe Talia (because of the masochism factor). This is why I believe she was over-nerfed... 50-80% reduction is massive.
    Barriss has her uses, but you are exaggerating here.

I see your point but again...how potent is Luminaras or Consulars heal at. Lvl 70? Lvl 80? 5k? Still based on percentages of health pool. Barris can bring a 20k HP on the brink of death back to full. Thats just using common sense which is better. But to each there own. Guess time will tell who is right.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The top chars now have 15k. If that becomes 20k then everything else also scaled up by 1/3 most likely, including Luminara's heal. She can already heal 6k on a 15k character now, plus another 6k over the next two turns. That's 12k. What can Barriss heal? 2k. That's 1/6 as much.
    Barriss can equalize an unequal team, and bypass immunity. That's it. At least in terms of PvP, she's a one-trick pony.
    Oh, and can Barriss hit for 2k regularly on a normal attack? No, less than half that. Is Barriss easily farmable like Lumi? Does Barriss have a special on a 3-turn cooldown with a 100% ability block that can crit for over 4k even at level 55?
    All Barriss was for was healing. That's why the nerf was excessive.
  • The top characters have 15k HP....who? Barris? I have the all the top characters none have close to 15k HP. No sense debating if your going to start making things up. Her heal scales off HER Hit Points. She has around 9kish HP at 7*. How do you get she will scale with two more gear upgrades? What Luminara are you playing 6k heal? Her best heal might hit 4k. Its obvious you have no clue what you're talking about. You dont even know the basic mechanics of the game lol. So no sense wasting time debating with you.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    According to SWGOHCantina.com, Barriss has 16k, Fives has 15k, Vader has 15k, Kit has 14k, Oppress has 14k.
    I made a mistake on Luminara's heal, I forgot it is based on her HP and not the target's. Still, at 9k for her and 15k for a character, that's 3600+3000+3000 points of healing vs. 1875. It's not even close. And Lumi is a solid offensive character. Barris isn't.
    I know the mechanics, I just made a mistake. I'll remind you that earlier you said that Barriss would be able to "raise a whole team's 20k HP back to full", which makes me wonder if you've ever even used her. Sure doesn't sound like it.
    If the whole team is down a lot, she is, as I said, the worst clutch healer in the game. For example, a fully decked-out Sidious would get 1k from her, aside from equalization. Jedi Consular passes that at what, level 30? Lumi's heal would give Sidious close to 7k.
  • WhipIT, my average HP is around 10k per char. Luminara heals 40% for about 3900 as you say. Then each turn each char gets 2k more. The next turn another 2k. One for cooldown, and next thing does 4k, 2k and 2k. I count that as 8k, which for all purposes is like a full character, every 4 turns. Barris does 15% of 12221. Like 2.2k but if you acciunt for 5 turns cool down it's less than 2k relatively, per char. At 7* teams, Barris is just a danger to the team, and only good as cannon fodder. You should know this well as you study all this very carefully and have chars the rest will get two months from now.

The only thing that can make the situation worst is nerfing additional characters we love. Hope the stopped the nerf train right here with Barriss and took a lesson home.

sorry but that is not true