Returning after 1.5 years

Prev1
JJAbramsIsMyDad
29 posts Member
edited May 2019
I last played when Jedi Training Rey came out. I used to be top 50 in arena. My arena team is the gk, cls, bariss, thrawn team (g12 ). Do I have to restart with a new account? Is it worth going for the revans or should I just wait for a new meta? Shouls I change my arena team to palp or something else even though those characters are only t10? Also my account: https://swgoh.gg/p/863479468/characters/

Replies

• Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Keep your account you have since it’ll be way easier to keep up with the game that way, even if your quite a bit behind.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    - get the light side old republic chars
    - gear up Bastila (she carries the JKR event) + Jolee (arena material)
    - get JKR
    - gear up JKR, GMY, GK and put zetas on JKR (3x), GMY (unique) and Jolee
    - mod JKR for max speed, GMY for offense (high special damage) and Jolee for health + speed
    - ???
    - profit
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    My honest advice is just find a new game, because you'll never really catch up. Even if you dropped the insane amount of cash you'd need to make up the gear and shard gaps from a 1.5 year absence, you'll be behind the mod and zeta curves forever.

If you want to have a go at it anyway, you definitely want Jedi Revan - he won't be top arena material anymore by the time you get him (he really isn't even now, unless you have truly ludicrous mods), but he's the best Jedi leader by far and can plow through basically anything except Darth Revan.

Darth Revan is great also, but is really a PVP character - his performance in raids is OK, but nothing earth shattering. He also needs Malak on his team to really shine, and Malak is an absolute bear to get and star up. So you don't need to rush for Sith Empire since they almost certainly won't be top arena material anymore by the time you get them.

You'll want to get a Bounty Hunter team going as well - they've gotten much better since you played last, and are used to unlock Chewbacca. Their ships, in turn, are needed for the Millennium Falcon. Ewoks also now unlock C3P0, who supercharges Rebel teams.

Just those unlocks are enough to keep you busy for the next 6 months, by which time you should have a handle on what's what.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Keep your account you have since it’ll be way easier to keep up with the game that way, even if your quite a bit behind.

Yes, from a catching up with the game standpoint.

However, if you wish to keep up with competition, definitely go the starting over route.
  • Kantouch
    54 posts Member
    Start over without a doubt. I just started in December and have gotten JKR and place first in both arenas. Focus focus focus. Yeah you’ll be a smaller account for a while but if you enjoy winning in arenas and GA, this is your best option. Also allows you to fix any roster mistakes from the past, eg CWC, Jawas, etc to make your roster more streamlined and efficient.
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Revans r so op, you can't compete without them. so you need to start over in order to be competitive
    edit, u have quite a bit of stuff already i see, best advice was to find another game, but if going to play this 1 you really need to start farming jkr asap, and spend crystals doing it. once to get him everything will get easier, but it's going to take a long time
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

However, if you wish to keep up with competition, definitely go the starting over route.

This makes no sense. They will spend the next 2 months trying to get to level 85. Aside from getting to level 85 you would have to grind out Phoenix to get Thrawn, grind out all the characters needed for CLS, jedi for GMY all of which you already have done. How is that better?

If you come in now as is start grinding kotor characters for JKR with Thrawn you will already be arena relevant and sith raid relevant.

Just my two cents though.
  • Keep your account I dunno what some people are suggesting... 🤦🏻‍♂️

You have a great many characters that still are very valuable, but you won’t be too 50 in Arena anymore.

I notice you have a zeta Barriss. Great news is that GMY(L), zBarriss, Gen Kenobi, Ahsoka, and Jedi Knight Anakin are a great B team, since they all (except Barriss) got nice reworks. Work on getting Jedi Bastilla, since she’s the best Jedi leader other than Revan.

There is going to be a lot of clone wars content soon, and as weird as it sounds, work on the clones. Better safe than sorry and miss a potentially new legendary unlock
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    Wow that is sucky, bad time to start this game or come back to it :|
  • Infidelius
    28 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I returned after exactly 1.5 years in March 2018. It took over $1k to catch up to 50 in arena, but it took over my life. I just quit again 4 days ago. Find another game or start over. Follow Warrior Presents and his ftp account, which is doing very well.

It got so bad for me that I asked for a perma ban from the game on here. Somehow my topic was deleted
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »

This makes no sense. They will spend the next 2 months trying to get to level 85. Aside from getting to level 85 you would have to grind out Phoenix to get Thrawn, grind out all the characters needed for CLS, jedi for GMY all of which you already have done. How is that better?

If you come in now as is start grinding kotor characters for JKR with Thrawn you will already be arena relevant and sith raid relevant.

It’s better if they want to compete because the people in their shard from 1.5 years ago are way ahead of them. If they created a new account, they would be at a level playing field with everyone else.
  • Maybe they're suggesting new account, which will go into a new shard. Knowing the game will help the op to grow quicker and smarter.

Same account = same shard= many are way ahead.

Just a thought...maybe it's way off base
  • jfears2
    186 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    - get the light side old republic chars
    - gear up Bastila (she carries the JKR event) + Jolee (arena material)
    - get JKR
    - gear up JKR, GMY, GK and put zetas on JKR (3x), GMY (unique) and Jolee
    - mod JKR for max speed, GMY for offense (high special damage) and Jolee for health + speed
    - ???
    - profit

no no no, you have it wrong, it's collect underpants, ???, profit. See:

qel9yo87x2iu.jpeg
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Nihion wrote: »

It’s better if they want to compete because the people in their shard from 1.5 years ago are way ahead of them. If they created a new account, they would be at a level playing field with everyone else.

Except the people who whaled out in the new shard. Defeating the purpose...
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    DarthWok wrote: »

Except the people who whaled out in the new shard. Defeating the purpose...

That’s an uncertain factor, and no matter how many people “whale out” in the new shard, the OP is guaranteed to be behind a significant amount of people in their current one. It’s take a risk to compete or don’t at all at this point.
  • Wow thanks guy I did not expect so many comments. My main goal I guess is just to get top 200 in arena at this point and just be able to contribute to raids. Is it really bad to skip JKR? I wanted to try and get darth revan since hes my fav character in star wars. Also the reason I came back to play. Last question if I start grinding the characters for darth revan now should I be able to at least get him at 5 star when his event comes around?
  • Drevan only unlocks at 7*, so no you won’t get him till he comes back around for the 3rd time at least (first came out back in April(?) I believe)

I would also recommend keeping the account you have and just start being laser focused on your next choices. JKR would be my next recommendation, but it’s obviously up to you what you do next
  • Believe it or not, everyone in this thread is right. I quit for 2 of the 3 years and have been playing again for 8 months now. I only just

Unlocked the CLS classic team
    6* C3PO.
    Working on KOTOR now.
    Still don't have RJT and Thrawn. Almost at 5* Phoenix though.
    It sucks.
    I will never catch up.
    The game sucks that way
  • I last played when Jedi Training Rey came out. I used to be top 50 in arena. My arena team is the gk, cls, bariss, thrawn team (g12 ). Do I have to restart with a new account? Is it worth going for the revans or should I just wait for a new meta? Shouls I change my arena team to palp or something else even though those characters are only t10? Also my account: https://swgoh.gg/p/863479468/characters/

i would honestly stay away and continue being a player that quit. If you spent before on this game at all for a meta... times that by like 5. If you spent like $500.... get ready to spend $2,500.

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Starting over is dumb.

Top off your current teams, get in a Guild and prepare for the next meta when it drops. Literally next meta might be seperatists or GR or Clones. Can start farming X character that will be next meta get it second time, and be caught up.

We have a guy with 1.5M GP that has DR. You can get him with an old or new account if you focus and that wont change with whatever the next meta is.

Again, starting over is just silly.
  • Thank you guys I will play a bit but not expect much and I wont spend any money- I'll just go for characters I like
  • Not a bad plan. You won't place anywhere high but you could probably enjoy that more than half the people on this forum enjoy their efforts to come first every day.
  • Shadowscream
    969 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    @JJAbramsIsMyDad
    May have already been said but the next TBattle is going to Separatists and then GRepublic.
    Your Arena team is GR
    Revan and DR won’t be undisputed top forever and if I was you I’d gamble and go for GR and Separatists.
    I’d work on 4 Areas:
    1) Fleet (Linking to BHs and Separatists)
    • The 3 Geos - ships and pilots (SunFac and Spy especially)
    • Finish off Scimitar since you have a highly developed Maul. Not the best ship but it meshes well with the Geos.
    • Slave 1 and Boba - Still a useful Reinforcement, plus you need all 4 BHs eventually.
    2) BHs
    Bounty Hunters are used in so many areas now - Events (Rebel Roundup, Galactic Bounty), Chewie Legendary, Their ships unlock Hans MFalc, needed in DSTB, useful in HSTR.
    The leanest approach is to farm the 4 pilots and their ships:
    • Boba(Slave 1), Bossk(HTooth), IG88(IG2000), Cad Bane(Xanadu Blood)
    • 3 ships and Bossk are on hard nodes though - focus on Bossk, Hounds Tooth and Xanadu first.
    • Bonus = Droideka, Poggle and Jango Fett are also going to be on these nodes!
    • Dengar is also worth slowly farming from Guild Store as he will help you unlock Chewie.

3) Separatists
    • Geonosians - For Fleet.
    • B2 - Gear to G12
    • Ventress - Gear to G12
    • Nute = easy farm and reworked.
    • Droideka from Xanadu Blood node
    • GG - slow farm
    • Your separatists unlock Legendary Padme - this is a hard event, although nowhere NEAR as hard as the forum whine threads. I got 6* Padme with a G12++ Ventress supported by trash. You will want 7* though.
    • The 3 MVPs first time round were GG, Ventress and B2.
    • The leanest team that completed it = Poggle(l), Ventress, B2, Geo Spy and SunFac (all G12)
    • With Nute and Dooku reworks and Droideka on Xanadu’s node it should be easier next time. Nute would be a better choice than Poggle!

4) GRepublic
    • The reworked Trio - GK, Ahsoka and JKA - they will need Zetas (Ahsoka first)
    • GMY and zeta Barriss
    • Padme

• I last played when Jedi Training Rey came out. I used to be top 50 in arena. My arena team is the gk, cls, bariss, thrawn team (g12 ). Do I have to restart with a new account? Is it worth going for the revans or should I just wait for a new meta? Shouls I change my arena team to palp or something else even though those characters are only t10? Also my account: https://swgoh.gg/p/863479468/characters/

i would honestly stay away and continue being a player that quit. If you spent before on this game at all for a meta... times that by like 5. If you spent like $500.... get ready to spend $2,500.

What nonsense - I started 18 months ago (2.6m GP. Arena Top 20 daily, Fleet Top 3 daily). I’ve spent £40 to £50 max over 18 months. If you plan well, are in a good fully active guild and accept getting Legendary characters 2nd time round (never panic) then you don’t need to spend like this!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Thank you guys I will play a bit but not expect much and I wont spend any money- I'll just go for characters I like

This is a good plan. Play casually, have a lot of fun. Enjoy!

What nonsense - I started 18 months ago (2.6m GP. Arena Top 20 daily, Fleet Top 3 daily). I’ve spent £40 to £50 max over 18 months. If you plan well, are in a good fully active guild and accept getting Legendary characters 2nd time round (never panic) then you don’t need to spend like this!

Wait , did you quit and come back after a long stretch?

Wait , did you quit and come back after a long stretch?

That’s not the point — there’s zero reason to spend £100s catching up!
    • Join a solid guild that’s fully active.
    • Sort out Fleet — easier to catch up = daily crystals
    • Skip some of the current meta
    • Close your wallet
  • JJAbramsIsMyDad
    29 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Sorry one more question for you guys: Is the darth revan event supposed to be coming soon? Less than a month away?
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    https://swgohevents.com/event/darth-revan

Last ran 60 days ago. 90 days is a decent guess so could be around a month from now, but it's just speculation until it actually hits.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH