Tools for malak event

Hey everyone,

I could use some community assistance as googling has not yeilded anything useful.

I’m currently prepping for the malak event, and am looking for some kind of tool/resource to help me figure out how to get each char to the 17500 minimum power level.

My situation: i have several toons at g10-g11, gold mods, maxed abilities (sans zetas), 6/7*, which are still a long way off the minimum. And i’m trying to work out who i need at g12, who i need to 6* mod, who i need zetas for etc in order to reach the minimum for each char.

Does anyone know of any resources which might help?

An example would be carth. He is g11, 6*, max skills, gold mods. He is currently 3000 short of the minimum. I don’t think g12 and the extra star is gonna get him there. Or even close. I’m in a similar position for about 6 of the needed chars.

Thanks in advance. All input appreciated.

Replies

• ihxj6p2tkyxj.png

That’s my Carth. You can get them there without a zeta ability, but zetas are much easier. My Canderous is in a very similar boat regarding mods and gear.

I would say, however, that Malak is a good investment so gearing OR isn’t too bad of an idea.
  • Thanks. Carth’s not as bad as expected by the looks of it.

Planning to g12 the lot, but obviously limited on the number of zetas and g12+ pieces i have.
  • Fallen Bastila and HK-47 are easy to get above 17500. Zalbaar might need a zeta from me due to shortage of great mods. Hopefully he’ll be the same as Carth and Canderous and only need 1 g12 piece.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member

I would say, however, that Malak is a good investment so gearing OR isn’t too bad of an idea.

Old Republic under Carth is also a pretty solid team in its own right.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• For what it’s worth, zetas are worth a ton of gear when it comes to GP. I just got my carth up to 17500 with the zeta, and he’s only G10+4.
    safaa3ama4dw.png
  • Right. Zetas are worth 2k+ power. But I want to keep my zeta mats available for DR and eventually Malak.
  • Jarvind wrote: »

Old Republic under Carth is also a pretty solid team in its own right.

That’s true, and also meant to include that point in my comment but forgot. Lol.
  • I’m the same. Should get dr this time round and would love to zeta him up. But sadly may need to zeta someone else just for the power.

Still, i had no idea carth could hit the mark from 10. Shocked and a little happy 😃
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    So for the malak event basic rule is G12+1, or G10/11 with a zeta to reach required power. Might be able to get G12 plus 6* mods instead of +1
  • This is looking good then, so much more confident of reaching the entry requirements now.
  • I’m the same. Should get dr this time round and would love to zeta him up. But sadly may need to zeta someone else just for the power.

Still, i had no idea carth could hit the mark from 10. Shocked and a little happy 😃

I have 100 zeta mats saved. The main problem is that I only have 34 omegas so I don’t even want to omega all the toons required for DR/Malak.
  • Four ability characters need G12+0, all abilities omega'd but not zeta'd and if I recall correctly, Mk V-A mods (Gold but not 6 dotted).

Alternatively characters can get there with the zeta without being G12. Darth Revan and his three zetas make it very easy to get there from a gear perspective, but clearing the event with a low geared DR might be a challenge. It's a hard event.

The typical questions are usually "do I want to gear Juhani or Canderous." I went with Canderous and he's a staple on a reasonable GA / TW team. The Carth, Mission and Zalbaar zetas make that team go, so if you needed to prioritize gear over zeta, I would look to Canderous first.

The DR and JKR staples should either have their gear already or are easier to get to the 17,5 cut off because they have multiple uniques.
  • _Reaper_
    109 posts Member
    This thread has a helpful table for that.
  • IntrepidFox
    237 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    _Reaper_ wrote: »
    This thread has a helpful table for that.

Thanks. Which thread was that?

EDIT: Never mind I see it now. https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bc03qa/gear_level_requirements_for_175k_gp_based_on/
  • Darth Revan and his three zetas make it very easy to get there from a gear perspective, but clearing the event with a low geared DR might be a challenge. It's a hard event.

I don't have DR yet, so will be a rush to gear prior to the Malak event. FYI - I'm working to the huge assumption that Malak will return 2 weeks-ish after DR. A bridge I plan to cross when i come to it - which will probably kick me in the bum :D

• thedrjojo
    952 posts Member
    The hard decision ones are mission, big z, Canderous, and Carth.

Hk47, bsf, Jolee, bastilla, jkr, and Darth revan all have enough skills that g11 is actually enough, or enough use that it's silly to have not zeta'd them (like Jolee).

Right now My mission is g11 and zeta'd and 18000+ power. My Carth is g11 and zeta'd and 18000+ power once I get the 7th star (87/100).

Canderous is 17350, with g12. I have 2 g12+ pieces I can put on him, either will get me there, but I think I'll just give him a full set of 6 dot mods (his mods are 5 dot purple or gold right now) and he should just sneak into it. Big z is 17430, same boat, either can put on one g12+ piece or 6 dot mods. Although I'm considering his zeta cause the OR team is pretty fun (my g8 juhani is a weak link in it though). I feel bad having to have g12 these two before bsf, hk47, or some of my other teams (like my zEp will probably forever be g11+5)
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    In pve content he hits pretty hard. I definitely recommend every g12 zalbaar, guy is a beefy boy!
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    I'd recommend:
    Carth - g11 zeta (Should be zeta'd anyway for a solid OR squad)
    Mission - g11 zeta (Should be zeta'd anyway for a solid OR squad)
    Zaalbar - g12
    Ordo - g12 (Just don't zeta him, DON'T. It's utterly useless and I just had to do it due to lack of gear and time....)
    BSF - Easy anway due to high amount of abilities
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Rmaxtpmx
    294 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    I'd recommend:
    Carth - g11 zeta (Should be zeta'd anyway for a solid OR squad)
    Mission - g11 zeta (Should be zeta'd anyway for a solid OR squad)
    Zaalbar - g12
    Ordo - g12 (Just don't zeta him, DON'T. It's utterly useless and I just had to do it due to lack of gear and time....)
    BSF - Easy anway due to high amount of abilities

Exactly this. I had to zeta canderous cause i just couldn't get his gear in time. It's not a great zeta, but it was an investment for malak, plus it does help cut down tanks a bit faster, and 3v3 with zvader is awesome. But if you can get the gear, do that for sure. Carth, misdion, and zalbaar are all great zetas, and they all elevate the team greatly. It's a fun team on offense, and can be great on defense if modded appropriately.
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Had one of those happy gearing moments yesterday--got Mission's last piece for g10, and magically happened to have all the gear she needed to go right to g11 (plus 2 pieces towards 12).

Canderous is the laggard for me...still needs a piece just to reach g9. Duke Nukem always has to be a troublemaker...