What team without Grievous should I farm and gear to unlock 7 star Padme in 1-2 months (next return)

Prev134
Letareus
103 posts Member
edited June 2019
I'm about ready to start farming a Padme unlock team from scratch. Besides Ventress, I basically have no separatists:

https://swgoh.gg/p/342639299/characters/?f=Separatist

What team should I farm - a team that balances cost and ease of farming with eventual utility for other functions like raids, TB, TW, and GA?

Candidates I've heard are Nute Gunray, Sun Fac, General Grievous, B2, Dooku, and Destroyer Droid. It's pretty vague and I would like a clearer answer. Regarding Grievous - I have 131 shards so far and am only willing to spend fleet arena currency on him, not shard store currency.
Post edited by Letareus on

Replies

  • BMoney
    264 posts Member
    GG lead with unique Zeta. B2, B1 Zeta, Droideka, Magnaguard
  • SamuraiUX
    265 posts Member
    Yeah, @BMoney is giving you the clear answer, because that's what the devs want you to spend on and farm. HOWEVER, we've had a recent touch-up of Separatists, and it's hard to say now which of them would work in the Padme event (since we've never had the chance to use them as they are now in the Padme event). On the good side, your roster is so empty that basically all Separatists are on an equal playing field for you (it's going to be a slog no matter who you go with).

    My purely subjective opinion, having had no opportunity to do the 7* Padme event with the newly reworked characters, is that you should farm zGG(L), zB2, zB1, zDooku, and then either try your G12 Ventress or if you're feeling masochistic, go for Nute. I can guarantee you good results with those Separatist droids specifically, and I can tell you that Magnaguard is not a game-changer. But Dooku plays well with Sith as well as Separatists, so he's worth getting (more so than, say, Poggle the Lesser). The Genosians with ships might be worth the trouble if you're committed to using their ships in your arena fleet, but if you're not, they're pretty lousy characters in and of themselves.

    I've recently been having fun (e.g., TW/TB, not arena) using zDooku(L) with Nute and Talzin (I see you have her 7*, if not supergeared yet), because Dooku's lead causes people to inflict Tenacity Down and Healing Immunity on themselves when they drop below 100% health... think of all the horror with Talzin's plague on everything! Anyone who inflicts status effects, in fact, would work well under his lead (again, for fun. I don't think it's arena viable. But you might surprise someone in GA or TW/TB).

    Sorry for going on and on, but I've been working on my Separatists and thinking about this stuff as well at the moment. Hope it gave you something to think about! =)

    SamuraiUX
  • InRevanWeTrust
    68 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I did it with the first 5 in the pic down below in 2-3 hours. It would've been much easier with GG.

    You don't need droideka, b1 or magnaguad. If I can do it without any of them... it should be fairly easy with the reworks too.

    You can easily do it with just asaji, b2, gg, dooku and sun fac or geo spy. If you happen to have magnaguard equally geared up. You might as well use him over sun fac/ geo spy. Unless they happen to rework the geos and I'm willing to bet that rework will happen before Padme comes back around.

    With the new TB being all about the geos. We're bound to get a rework.

    jhwdou8zifnd.jpg
  • Vinniarth
    1787 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I will try gg, b2, droideka,Nute, assajj next time. Nute’s dzeta is great for this team
  • Woodroward
    3740 posts Member
    Whoever you use, try to avoid using b1, dooku, sun fac, geosol, dooku and droideka (if zetad).

    They all have out of turn attacks which will grant the enemy they hit 50% health as indispellable not removable protection up that may prevent all debuffs from landing.
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Is it realistic to think I can 7 star Grievous from fleet alone (currently 131 shards, not activated) - no shard store - by the time Padme returns?

    There seems to be no consensus on what to get for this except B2. Also there's conflicting advice on Dooku and Sun Fac. Some people are recommending them, but Woodroward is saying avoid them (btw you said Dooku twice).
    Post edited by Letareus on
  • KKatarn
    560 posts Member
    Dooku deals damage directly to HP with riposte and he can stun up to two enemies with force lighting.
  • Rath_Tarr
    3219 posts Member
    Letareus wrote: »
    Is it realistic to think I can 7 star Grievous from fleet alone (currently 131 shards, not activated) - no shard store?
    Of course. The real question is how long you are prepared to farm for.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1480 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I was thinking of going GG lead, b2, droideka, assajj, and Sun fac/dooku/soldier.

    From what I've heard b1 is actually a detriment to the event. My GG is like 4 star g1. It's going to be like third or fourth go around for me to get padme 7*.
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Letareus wrote: »
    Is it realistic to think I can 7 star Grievous from fleet alone (currently 131 shards, not activated) - no shard store?
    Of course. The real question is how long you are prepared to farm for.

    I meant whether I can get him in time for the next time Padme comes back. I wanted to edit my post immediately to reflect that but if you do that on this forum, your post gets deleted (then reappears like 5-10 hours later).
  • Letareus wrote: »
    Is it realistic to think I can 7 star Grievous from fleet alone (currently 131 shards, not activated) - no shard store - by the time Padme returns?

    There seems to be no consensus on what to get for this except B2. Also there's conflicting advice on Dooku and Sun Fac. Some people are recommending them, but Woodroward is saying avoid them (btw you said Dooku twice).

    I would say Dooku and SF aren't particularly detrimental, especially since you need to be killing Padme as fast as possible anyway, and it's her unique that's the problem. SF is also very useful with his buff dispel on basic. B1, I think, would cause more problems, as it seems like it'd be tough to kill Padme with an assist on every attack.
  • Woodroward
    3740 posts Member
    KKatarn wrote: »
    Dooku deals damage directly to HP with riposte and he can stun up to two enemies with force lighting.

    And makes them immune to debuffs while ensuring no one else can hurt them (outside of droideka).
  • Woodroward
    3740 posts Member
    B2, gg, and asaji are the mvps of the event though.
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    So it appears that GG is out of the question for me since I'm not willing to spend shard store shards. Nobody had really answered that question btw (Rath Tar answered it before it was properly worded). It's apparent now that fleet store isn't realistic. As I said, I'm only interested in getting Padme the next time she shows up.

    So without GG, I'm unsure who will be lead. I know I'll have Ventress (that's Asajj) and B2. I'll probably get Sun Fac. I'm unsure about the last 2. Droideka and Nute maybe.
  • Woodroward
    3740 posts Member
    Letareus wrote: »
    So it appears that GG is out of the question for me since I'm not willing to spend shard store shards. Nobody had really answered that question btw (Rath Tar answered it before it was properly worded). It's apparent now that fleet store isn't realistic. As I said, I'm only interested in getting Padme the next time she shows up.

    So without GG, I'm unsure who will be lead. I know I'll have Ventress (that's Asajj) and B2. I'll probably get Sun Fac. I'm unsure about the last 2. Droideka and Nute maybe.

    I would say that if GG is out of the question for you, then it's likely so is 7*ing Padme.

    The 3 characters that are basically required to win are GG, Asaji, and B2. the other 2 can be whoever, but Dooku, B1. Droideka, Magna, Sun Fac, and GeoSol should all be avoided.

    Also, it is a bad idea to spend your fleet currency on anything but characters and ships before you have all the characters and ships (don't buy zetas if you don't have everything else in the store), so you really have no reason not to farm GG.
  • Droideka, I'm pretty sure that node brings a valuable ship like Xanadu
  • Woodroward
    3740 posts Member
    Droideka, I'm pretty sure that node brings a valuable ship like Xanadu

    Just don't zeta her.
  • I got 7* padme with grievous(unique zeta g12+5), g12 ZZasajj, g11 Zb2, g10 sun fac and g9 magnaguard if that helps.
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I would say that if GG is out of the question for you, then it's likely so is 7*ing Padme.

    The 3 characters that are basically required to win are GG, Asaji, and B2. the other 2 can be whoever, but Dooku, B1. Droideka, Magna, Sun Fac, and GeoSol should all be avoided.

    Also, it is a bad idea to spend your fleet currency on anything but characters and ships before you have all the characters and ships (don't buy zetas if you don't have everything else in the store), so you really have no reason not to farm GG.

    There are many people who have gotten 7* Padme without Grievous. Even on this very thread. And here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/203264/7-padme-without-grievous-use-geonosians-asajj-and-b2 Most of those people used bugs because they already had bugs from fleet. My question is because I don't have bugs, I'm able to get a team almost from scratch, so what should I get?

    I have no problem spending FLEET currency on GG (read what I wrote, I said I was ONLY willing to spend fleet currency on him). I just won't spend SHARD currency on him, first because it takes so much shard currency for one purchase, second because it's a significant source of gear for me. After about a week of trying to get GG from fleet store alone, it's clear that he appears so rarely in the fleet store that there's no way I'll get him to 7* before Padme returns in 2 months or so without also spending shard store shards.
    Droideka, I'm pretty sure that node brings a valuable ship like Xanadu

    So maybe my 4th will be Droideka. Any recommendations for 5th? And I still don't have a leader. Would Nute be a good leader?
  • MightyWizard
    830 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Letareus wrote: »
    So it appears that GG is out of the question for me since I'm not willing to spend shard store shards. Nobody had really answered that question btw (Rath Tar answered it before it was properly worded). It's apparent now that fleet store isn't realistic. As I said, I'm only interested in getting Padme the next time she shows up.

    So without GG, I'm unsure who will be lead. I know I'll have Ventress (that's Asajj) and B2. I'll probably get Sun Fac. I'm unsure about the last 2. Droideka and Nute maybe.

    I would say that if GG is out of the question for you, then it's likely so is 7*ing Padme.

    The 3 characters that are basically required to win are GG, Asaji, and B2. the other 2 can be whoever, but Dooku, B1. Droideka, Magna, Sun Fac, and GeoSol should all be avoided.

    Also, it is a bad idea to spend your fleet currency on anything but characters and ships before you have all the characters and ships (don't buy zetas if you don't have everything else in the store), so you really have no reason not to farm GG.

    GG and B2 were important characters the first time around, now, I'd wager both Nute and Dooku would actually be more useful than Grievous, although B2 will probably always be important to that event because of dispell.

    As for the second piece of advice about the fleet store... No dude, that's just very wrong. Everyone should farm zeta mats from the get-go, and only focus on one or two characters or ships from the fleet store at a time, to ensure a steady supply of zetas. It's the difference between 1 and 3 zeta upgrades a month. It's a no-brainer.
  • Woodroward
    3740 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Letareus wrote: »
    So it appears that GG is out of the question for me since I'm not willing to spend shard store shards. Nobody had really answered that question btw (Rath Tar answered it before it was properly worded). It's apparent now that fleet store isn't realistic. As I said, I'm only interested in getting Padme the next time she shows up.

    So without GG, I'm unsure who will be lead. I know I'll have Ventress (that's Asajj) and B2. I'll probably get Sun Fac. I'm unsure about the last 2. Droideka and Nute maybe.

    I would say that if GG is out of the question for you, then it's likely so is 7*ing Padme.

    The 3 characters that are basically required to win are GG, Asaji, and B2. the other 2 can be whoever, but Dooku, B1. Droideka, Magna, Sun Fac, and GeoSol should all be avoided.

    Also, it is a bad idea to spend your fleet currency on anything but characters and ships before you have all the characters and ships (don't buy zetas if you don't have everything else in the store), so you really have no reason not to farm GG.

    GG and B2 were important characters the first time around, now, I'd wager both Nute and Dooku would actually be more useful than Grievous, although B2 will probably always be important to that event because of dispell.

    As for the second piece of advice about the fleet store... No dude, that's just very wrong. Everyone should farm zeta mats from the get-go, and only focus on one or two characters or ships from the fleet store at a time, to ensure a steady supply of zetas. It's the difference between 1 and 3 zeta upgrades a month. It's a no-brainer.

    Nah, it just puts you farther behind in gp and platoon progression to do it that way. Then again I took first in fleet for well over a year from early on. I remember being in first for 3 days straight with my republic fleet at one point.

    Did used to spend currency on gear when it was available too. Missing pieces hurt more than others. Going for everyone in fleet doesn't mean going for them all at once, but ship farms should take precedence over zetas.
  • Droideka and b2 are easy farms and definitely make the event easier.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Going for everyone in fleet doesn't mean going for them all at once, but useful ship farms should take precedence over zetas.

    Corrected for ya
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    As for the second piece of advice about the fleet store... No dude, that's just very wrong. Everyone should farm zeta mats from the get-go, and only focus on one or two characters or ships from the fleet store at a time, to ensure a steady supply of zetas. It's the difference between 1 and 3 zeta upgrades a month. It's a no-brainer.

    I agree, that was one of the most **** pieces of advice I've ever seen for this game. It throws in doubt everything that he says. If I hadn't been farming zetas with my fleet currency, I wouldn't have been placing first in squad and fleet arenas and gotten critical legendary/heroic characters at critical times.

    In fact, there were two characters in the fleet store that I did farm to 7* and I greatly regret ever wasting anything on them - Rex and Chirrut. To date, neither of those characters have done anything for me (partly because I haven't had the resources to spare to gear them up because I had other priorities) and they're inflating my gp count needlessly (I activated and promoted them before GA came out so I didn't know that would be a thing).

    But seeing his most recent post, I can sort of see why he said the things he did. There's a fundamental value/goal disconnect between him and I that I'll address below.
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Nah, it just puts you farther behind in gp and platoon progression to do it that way. Then again I took first in fleet for well over a year from early on. I remember being in first for 3 days straight with my republic fleet at one point.

    Did used to spend currency on gear when it was available too. Missing pieces hurt more than others. Going for everyone in fleet doesn't mean going for them all at once, but ship farms should take precedence over zetas.

    So I'll begin by saying that you and I clearly don't see eye to eye on what we're trying to do in this game. Different values, different goals, different perspectives. And that's OK. But this is an advice thread for me, so I'm now going to unload on you from the standpoint of my values and goals.

    My goal is to prioritize becoming as successful personally as possible first in squad and fleet arenas, then in GA, then in raids, and finally in TB/TW, in that order. It is my belief that by making myself as strong as possible, I benefit my guild more than if I actually actively make guild considerations in my priorities. I'm pretty sure everyone in my guild would agree with me - I contribute to my guild a lot more proportionally than most people who have been playing for as relatively short a time as I have (since late January 2018).

    From this perspective, I'm a lot more successful than you and honestly, perhaps you shouldn't be giving me advice. Look at your record and look at mine. Your profile: https://swgoh.gg/p/135179288/ (rank 192-524 squad, 112-120 fleet) My Profile: https://swgoh.gg/p/342639299/ (rank 1 straight for both squad and fleet) Whose approach is more effective (for my goals/values)?

    So platoon progression is not something I care anything about (My guild does 43/46 in TB and getting close to the next pair of stars so we're fine). And GP progression is something I'm actively trying to avoid.

    With the introduction of GA, the goal is to keep your roster as slim as possible and GP as low as possible so you get matched against easier opponents. And it pays off - I've won all but 2 GA's and get matched against a lot of **** with deep rosters. Recently my GP has been growing alarmingly high and alarming quickly (mostly due getting DR, Ewoks for C3PO, and Malak prep) and it has cost me in having to deal with harder opponents in GA.

    Going forward, I have to be far more selective in what characters I get, gear, and zeta. The fundamental principle of my sandbagging approach to GA/progression is to never get or even activate a character that I'm not going to g12 and which doesn't play a critical role in Arena, GA/TW, raids, or in unlocking a legendary/heroic character.

    Also, you ignored the point I made about GG being unnecessary for Padme. The evidence is clear that GG is not needed for 7* Padme. You say otherwise, which is patently false. You said I'm not willing to spend fleet currency on GG. That's the opposite of what I said - I said I'm ONLY willing to spend FLEET currency on him, which is why he's unobtainable for me. I said I wasn't willing to spend SHARD currency on him. With fleet currency alone, it'll probably take more than a year to 7* Grievous. He shows up so rarely in the fleet shop.
  • TVF
    23357 posts Member
    I agree with that post except for the part needing a year to farm GG. I had three weeks where he showed up once. Then he showed up like 8 times in one week. It took me far less than a year. Maybe a few months.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Woodroward
    3740 posts Member
    Letareus wrote: »
    As for the second piece of advice about the fleet store... No dude, that's just very wrong. Everyone should farm zeta mats from the get-go, and only focus on one or two characters or ships from the fleet store at a time, to ensure a steady supply of zetas. It's the difference between 1 and 3 zeta upgrades a month. It's a no-brainer.

    I agree, that was one of the most **** pieces of advice I've ever seen for this game. It throws in doubt everything that he says. If I hadn't been farming zetas with my fleet currency, I wouldn't have been placing first in squad and fleet arenas and gotten critical legendary/heroic characters at critical times.

    In fact, there were two characters in the fleet store that I did farm to 7* and I greatly regret ever wasting anything on them - Rex and Chirrut. To date, neither of those characters have done anything for me (partly because I haven't had the resources to spare to gear them up because I had other priorities) and they're inflating my gp count needlessly (I activated and promoted them before GA came out so I didn't know that would be a thing).

    But seeing his most recent post, I can sort of see why he said the things he did. There's a fundamental value/goal disconnect between him and I that I'll address below.
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Nah, it just puts you farther behind in gp and platoon progression to do it that way. Then again I took first in fleet for well over a year from early on. I remember being in first for 3 days straight with my republic fleet at one point.

    Did used to spend currency on gear when it was available too. Missing pieces hurt more than others. Going for everyone in fleet doesn't mean going for them all at once, but ship farms should take precedence over zetas.

    So I'll begin by saying that you and I clearly don't see eye to eye on what we're trying to do in this game. Different values, different goals, different perspectives. And that's OK. But this is an advice thread for me, so I'm now going to unload on you from the standpoint of my values and goals.

    My goal is to prioritize becoming as successful personally as possible first in squad and fleet arenas, then in GA, then in raids, and finally in TB/TW, in that order. It is my belief that by making myself as strong as possible, I benefit my guild more than if I actually actively make guild considerations in my priorities. I'm pretty sure everyone in my guild would agree with me - I contribute to my guild a lot more proportionally than most people who have been playing for as relatively short a time as I have (since late January 2018).

    From this perspective, I'm a lot more successful than you and honestly, perhaps you shouldn't be giving me advice. Look at your record and look at mine. Your profile: https://swgoh.gg/p/135179288/ (rank 192-524 squad, 112-120 fleet) My Profile: https://swgoh.gg/p/342639299/ (rank 1 straight for both squad and fleet) Whose approach is more effective (for my goals/values)?

    So platoon progression is not something I care anything about (My guild does 43/46 in TB and getting close to the next pair of stars so we're fine). And GP progression is something I'm actively trying to avoid.

    With the introduction of GA, the goal is to keep your roster as slim as possible and GP as low as possible so you get matched against easier opponents. And it pays off - I've won all but 2 GA's and get matched against a lot of **** with deep rosters. Recently my GP has been growing alarmingly high and alarming quickly (mostly due getting DR, Ewoks for C3PO, and Malak prep) and it has cost me in having to deal with harder opponents in GA.

    Going forward, I have to be far more selective in what characters I get, gear, and zeta. The fundamental principle of my sandbagging approach to GA/progression is to never get or even activate a character that I'm not going to g12 and which doesn't play a critical role in Arena, GA/TW, raids, or in unlocking a legendary/heroic character.

    Also, you ignored the point I made about GG being unnecessary for Padme. The evidence is clear that GG is not needed for 7* Padme. You say otherwise, which is patently false. You said I'm not willing to spend fleet currency on GG. That's the opposite of what I said - I said I'm ONLY willing to spend FLEET currency on him, which is why he's unobtainable for me. I said I wasn't willing to spend SHARD currency on him. With fleet currency alone, it'll probably take more than a year to 7* Grievous. He shows up so rarely in the fleet shop.

    Funny. I wasn't responding to you at all in the post you quoted.

    My arena records are no sign of anything. I've taken something like a 3 month break from the game. I went all in on solo characters instead of Revan. Don't like Revan or want to play him.

    I spent well over a year getting top ranks in both arenas but don't want to bother if it means I'm running the same thing as everyone else.

    I did this while in a low end crew I ran instead of reaping rewards from a top crew.

    But I had no intention of getting into a number 1 contest.

    I ignored no point. I corrected your point that he's unobtainable without spending shard shop currency.

    The fact that people have managed without gg doesn't mean he isn't really necessary. People got Chewie without Dengar too but it means another layer of rng that is very hard to surmount.

    Most people don't play until they get the perfect rng simply because they don't have the time.
    So, to reiterate, if GG is out of the question for you, it's likely so is Padme..
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Going for everyone in fleet doesn't mean going for them all at once, but ALL ship farms should take precedence over zetas.

    Corrected for ya

    Fixed it back.

    You never know who or what will become meta next. Not having the right ships or toons could leave you sol when the shift happens. To this end, not farming all the stagnant shops to completion is foolhardy. Keeping your gp low for grand arena means not leveling or gearing, not not farming.

    All of the counter arguments here seem very shortsighted to me.
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I agree with that post except for the part needing a year to farm GG. I had three weeks where he showed up once. Then he showed up like 8 times in one week. It took me far less than a year. Maybe a few months.

    A year was a rough estimate based on my experience so far. He showed up once since I first started this thread (5/23 so about 2 weeks) and I check every refresh. So it's pure RNG. So it might take me 3 months or it could take 6 or it could take 12. Still, there's probably less than 2 months left before Padme returns so it's unlikely to happen.

    I have been and am going to get him every time he shows up in the shop - it's not exactly costing me much. But it's irrelevant for Padme cuz I'm not going to get him in time, and probably not even for the next time. Maybe the time after that but that's way too far out.
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Funny. I wasn't responding to you at all in the post you quoted...I ignored no point. I corrected your point that he's unobtainable without spending shard shop currency.

    I replied making my point in a post prior to the one you replied to. You didn't address it, so you ignored it or didn't notice it. So I pointed it out to you a second time so you would maybe finally respond to it. And again you missed the point so I'll make it again:

    I never said that Grievous is unobtainable without spending shard shop currency. I said he's unobtainable in the 2 months or so I have left until Padme returns without spending shard shop currency. This thread is not about building a team that can unlock 7 star Padme EVENTUALLY. It's about unlocking 7 star Padme the VERY NEXT TIME SHE RETURNS. I made that point multiple times.
    Woodroward wrote: »
    But I had no intention of getting into a number 1 contest.

    Again maybe here's a values disconnect. Getting #1 in arena is not about getting into a contest. To me (and many others I know) it's solely about crystal income. There is nothing in the game I care about or value more than crystal income. I may not be for you, but it's basically the main purpose of the game to me.
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Don't want to bother if it means I'm running the same thing as everyone else....You never know who or what will become meta next. Not having the right ships or toons could leave you sol when the shift happens. To this end, not farming all the stagnant shops to completion is foolhardy.

    So, you advocate farming every character in the game in order to be prepared for the next meta and yet you don't want to participate in the meta which defeats the point. BTW, running the same thing as everyone else is something that doesn't bother me in the least, another values disconnect.
    Woodroward wrote: »
    My arena records are no sign of anything...Don't like Revan or want to play him.
    They're a sign that you don't care about maximizing crystal income above all other considerations and therefore you and I are not after the same things. You and I don't play this game with the same mindset, nor for the same reasons, and therefore you should not be giving me advice.
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Keeping your gp low for grand arena means not leveling or gearing, not not farming.
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Nah, it just puts you farther behind in gp and platoon progression to do it that way.

    Keeping GP low is clearly not what you had in mind. You were talking about GP progression like having more GP is a good thing (it's good for helping your guild in TB) instead of the detriment that it is in GA. And you were talking about "platoon progression" like it's something people should care about. You can't platoon characters you haven't activated. It's more likely that what you're advocating is to get all ships/characters to help out your guild which is noble but it's not a goal I share. Then it seems that you tried to retcon it to fit my goals after I told you what they were.

    So basically you're advocating forgoing zetas (delaying critical zetas for weeks) in order to farm a bunch of useless ships/characters on speculation (that you yourself may not even use if they are actually needed). I'd estimate that ~70% of zeta income is from fleet arena if you get first every day (and there's no reason why you shouldn't). Delaying zetas means possibly being unable to achieve first in an arena for weeks or months because they are often critical to making meta characters work. Weeks or months of massive lost crystal income for really far fetched speculation? When crystal income is the most important thing in the game (to me)?
    I do a little speculation, but only very limited, targeted speculation on likely characters, not this **** blanket speculation which honestly makes a lot more sense if you're actually activating the characters to try to max gp and fill platoons to help your guild in TB (which I suspect is one reason you do it).
    Woodroward wrote: »
    The fact that people have managed without gg doesn't mean he isn't really necessary. People got Chewie without Dengar too but it means another layer of rng that is very hard to surmount. Most people don't play until they get the perfect rng simply because they don't have the time.
    So, to reiterate, if GG is out of the question for you, it's likely so is Padme..

    Dengar is not necessary for Chewie. And so here's yet another values disconnect. It seems that you have limited playtime or at least treat playtime like it's something valuable and limited. Guess what, I have no job and no school. I have effectively unlimited playtime - limited only by my hours awake and charge on my devices.

    So no, lack of playtime could not be less of a consideration for me. But I also have no real money income which is one reason why I value crystal income more than anything else, because crystals = money.
  • MightyWizard
    830 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    On, Grievous, he's actually worth spending shard shop currency, he's actually very good now once you finish gearing him and when we get the g12 finishers it will be even better. I decided to go all in on him and he's now g12+4 with zeta on unique, and I don't regret investing in him one bit.
  • Woodroward
    3740 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Letareus wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I agree with that post except for the part needing a year to farm GG. I had three weeks where he showed up once. Then he showed up like 8 times in one week. It took me far less than a year. Maybe a few months.

    A year was a rough estimate based on my experience so far. He showed up once since I first started this thread (5/23 so about 2 weeks) and I check every refresh. So it's pure RNG. So it might take me 3 months or it could take 6 or it could take 12. Still, there's probably less than 2 months left before Padme returns so it's unlikely to happen.

    I have been and am going to get him every time he shows up in the shop - it's not exactly costing me much. But it's irrelevant for Padme cuz I'm not going to get him in time, and probably not even for the next time. Maybe the time after that but that's way too far out.
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Funny. I wasn't responding to you at all in the post you quoted...I ignored no point. I corrected your point that he's unobtainable without spending shard shop currency.

    I replied making my point in a post prior to the one you replied to. You didn't address it, so you ignored it or didn't notice it. So I pointed it out to you a second time so you would maybe finally respond to it. And again you missed the point so I'll make it again:

    I never said that Grievous is unobtainable without spending shard shop currency. I said he's unobtainable in the 2 months or so I have left until Padme returns without spending shard shop currency. This thread is not about building a team that can unlock 7 star Padme EVENTUALLY. It's about unlocking 7 star Padme the VERY NEXT TIME SHE RETURNS. I made that point multiple times.
    Woodroward wrote: »
    But I had no intention of getting into a number 1 contest.

    Again maybe here's a values disconnect. Getting #1 in arena is not about getting into a contest. To me (and many others I know) it's solely about crystal income. There is nothing in the game I care about or value more than crystal income. I may not be for you, but it's basically the main purpose of the game to me.
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Don't want to bother if it means I'm running the same thing as everyone else....You never know who or what will become meta next. Not having the right ships or toons could leave you sol when the shift happens. To this end, not farming all the stagnant shops to completion is foolhardy.

    So, you advocate farming every character in the game in order to be prepared for the next meta and yet you don't want to participate in the meta which defeats the point. BTW, running the same thing as everyone else is something that doesn't bother me in the least, another values disconnect.
    Woodroward wrote: »
    My arena records are no sign of anything...Don't like Revan or want to play him.
    They're a sign that you don't care about maximizing crystal income above all other considerations and therefore you and I are not after the same things. You and I don't play this game with the same mindset, nor for the same reasons, and therefore you should not be giving me advice.
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Keeping your gp low for grand arena means not leveling or gearing, not not farming.
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Nah, it just puts you farther behind in gp and platoon progression to do it that way.

    Keeping GP low is clearly not what you had in mind. You were talking about GP progression like having more GP is a good thing (it's good for helping your guild in TB) instead of the detriment that it is in GA. And you were talking about "platoon progression" like it's something people should care about. You can't platoon characters you haven't activated. It's more likely that what you're advocating is to get all ships/characters to help out your guild which is noble but it's not a goal I share. Then it seems that you tried to retcon it to fit my goals after I told you what they were.

    So basically you're advocating forgoing zetas (delaying critical zetas for weeks) in order to farm a bunch of useless ships/characters on speculation (that you yourself may not even use if they are actually needed). I'd estimate that ~70% of zeta income is from fleet arena if you get first every day (and there's no reason why you shouldn't). Delaying zetas means possibly being unable to achieve first in an arena for weeks or months because they are often critical to making meta characters work. Weeks or months of massive lost crystal income for really far fetched speculation? When crystal income is the most important thing in the game (to me)?
    I do a little speculation, but only very limited, targeted speculation on likely characters, not this **** blanket speculation which honestly makes a lot more sense if you're actually activating the characters to try to max gp and fill platoons to help your guild in TB (which I suspect is one reason you do it).
    Woodroward wrote: »
    The fact that people have managed without gg doesn't mean he isn't really necessary. People got Chewie without Dengar too but it means another layer of rng that is very hard to surmount. Most people don't play until they get the perfect rng simply because they don't have the time.
    So, to reiterate, if GG is out of the question for you, it's likely so is Padme..

    Dengar is not necessary for Chewie. And so here's yet another values disconnect. It seems that you have limited playtime or at least treat playtime like it's something valuable and limited. Guess what, I have no job and no school. I have effectively unlimited playtime - limited only by my hours awake and charge on my devices.

    So no, lack of playtime could not be less of a consideration for me. But I also have no real money income which is one reason why I value crystal income more than anything else, because crystals = money.

    There's no value disconnect. There's you responding to something close to what I'm saying instead of what I'm saying. Hence my correction of all your misintetpretations of my statements.

    When i said number 1 contest I meant going to the bathroom. Picking on my arena rank is below the belt and means nothing to the conversation. All statements along those lines by me were explaining that. Responding to them was you continuing the #1 contest.

    What I'm saying is ignoring characters out of the stagnant shops to get the only thing you'll be farming afterwards is jumping the gun.

    There are enough Zetas from challenges and events to get you by until then. Otherwise it's like skimping on dinner to have more dessert.

    I never said necessary. I never said impossible. I said unlikely. Not having gg makes it unlikely. Just like not having dengar makes chewie unlikely.

    You said you were unable to attain gg without shard shop currency and I disagreed.

    Now please quit trying to correct my accurate statements. The thread is titled what team to farm to unlock padme. Not "who should i use with my roster".

    Not addressing you personally means that statement doesn't pertain to your roster and your protestations are out of place.
Sign In or Register to comment.