Mixed Arena

I know some people are saying the game feels a little stagnant and all the mirror matches are getting a little old. I have an idea to make things fun and fresh so hear me out.

There should be a new arena called "Mixed Arena" and here are the rules.
The leader can't be any of the top 10 leaders in squad arena and you can only have 2 toons of the same faction/tag. This way it gives people a chance to get creative with with the squad they put together and won't have to face constant mirror matches. There are so many leadership abilities that are never used (many of them never will be even after this) and this would give even advanced players ways to explore new concepts and compositions.

As far as rewards go maybe it's only half of what squad arena is. I understand the game needs to make money and though people may or may not spend money through this "mixed arena" (although it will give us a reason put more resources into characters we never messed with before) it will keep people in the game and bring new players in as well who will then perhaps spend more. At least it will raise moral and add some longevity to the game since this would constantly be changing.

Anyway I think it would be fun.

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    As soon as you erase certain characters from being playable in any game mode, the public goes nuts. It was proven by the TW “mix-up”.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    As soon as you erase certain characters from being playable in any game mode, the public goes nuts. It was proven by the TW “mix-up”.
    Exactly. People start with the "I spent all this time and/or money to strengthen this character and now you're not letting me use him/her?!?! This is B/S!" arguments.

I personally don't mind switching things up here and there, like with the faction bonuses in TW, 3v3, etc... but apparently the consensus is that these things are bad... At least with the people who have the most pull with how the game should be shaped...
  • willennium wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Exactly. People start with the "I spent all this time and/or money to strengthen this character and now you're not letting me use him/her?!?! This is B/S!" arguments.

I personally don't mind switching things up here and there, like with the faction bonuses in TW, 3v3, etc... but apparently the consensus is that these things are bad... At least with the people who have the most pull with how the game should be shaped...

I get that. But 2 things.
    First that's why the rewards would be much less so the whales aren't missing out on much.
    Also Malek, DR, JKR, and others are so OP that they would still be on top teams anyway.

I think most people would enjoy it and the few who don't care wouldn't be upset because the rewards are lower.
  • KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    It could be nicknamed Theorycraft Arena. I would love this. I think it would be more likely if the rule was just 2 per faction but the leader rule would be important for it not just being meta leader+previous meta+1 more.
    What would be some current top teams? Some thoughts
    -GMY, C3PO, Han, BB8, zeta Paploo (lots of C3PO variations)
    -Boba, Han, Chewie, Mission, Zaalbar
    -EP, Badstila, Thrawn, Nest, GK
    -Zader, Mission, Zaalbar, Boba, Wampa
  • It could run as a special tournament...one week long, 5(?) battles each day?, character restrictions like Omega battles. See who has most points by the end. No refreshes...CG makes their money as folks madly gear up unused factions.
  • I'd like to see a Faction Arena that changes factions weekly. It can be randomized (determined by CG beforehand so they can prepare accordingly) so players won't know what's coming next. Alternatively, CG could release the weekly schedule so players can plan accordingly. Only the faction of the week is allowed and we play through all the factions before starting over.
    Another variant could have each player randomly assigned a faction to play for the week. That way mirror matches are minimized.
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/