Why does protection sometimes have different colored bars?

1dwuj7u5om1l.jpg
bgf2lvc4ihs4.jpg

I noticed that sometimes my Jedi's protection bars would change from blueish to white and back again. The change usually happens when a Jedi (usually Revan) dies, but I'm not sure why.
Any of y'all know? The color change doesn't seem to signify anything but there's a lot of little nuances in the game mechanics that I overlook, so maybe it represents something.
Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/

Replies

• I also get the strange white-ish protection. I mainly notice it on Kanan in a Phoenix team, but I'm sure it pops up on other people.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • I get it sometimes too
  • evoluza wrote: »
    There is only normal protection (white)
    Prot up and the other thing (purple)
    If you experience some other colors, check your display settings.

Normal protection is a teal-greenish color, not white. You can even see it in his screenshot, there’s clearly a difference.

I’ve seen the white protection like you show, I feel like it happens most often whenever there’s an overflow of purple protection. I’m not sure, though.
  • White protection happens when a unit loses a bonus. ZRevan grants 10% (in Leader slot) max protection to all allies with his UNIQUE. When a character dies, the unique is removed from the battle, unlike leaderships. Revan dies, so all allies lose that 10% max protection. The protection bar will then turn white until they are hit. Basically the characters have protection higher than their max protection, the game fixes this when the character is hit (and applies the damage equal to the attack - so don't worry it isn't wasted damage) and the bar turns back blue/purple.

TL;DR: Protection is higher than max protection - changes back to normal on hit.
  • hotdeaths wrote: »
    White protection happens when a unit loses a bonus. ZRevan grants 10% (in Leader slot) max protection to all allies with his UNIQUE. When a character dies, the unique is removed from the battle, unlike leaderships. Revan dies, so all allies lose that 10% max protection. The protection bar will then turn white until they are hit. Basically the characters have protection higher than their max protection, the game fixes this when the character is hit (and applies the damage equal to the attack - so don't worry it isn't wasted damage) and the bar turns back blue/purple.

TL;DR: Protection is higher than max protection - changes back to normal on hit.

That seems plausible.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!