The lost art of Galactic War

Jerec
119 posts Member
edited May 2019
Let me let you in on a simple player’s evolution; When TW was first unveiled an implemented, I detested it. It was a game-mode I had absolutely no interest in. This feeling lasted for quite awhile. Then you all did something sneaky…You introduced GA. Now call it an ego thing, or a pride thing, but everyone (my thoughts anyway) wants to be relevant and competitive at their respective tier. I’m no exception. What was sneaky about this new game-mode was that as I delved into it, developing teams, learning counters, etcetera…It forced me in to giving a $#!& about TW’s!
Now, I’m not a game-changer, nor am I a beta-tester, so here is my dilemma. I have no “sand-box” to test squad compositions in, how they interact with each other, what specific leadership bonuses are useful, which are not so useful. GW would be a perfect “sand-box” for this purpose, but it is not when you can 1-shot an entire opposition squad from node 1 though node 12.
I remember the days when I could not complete all 12 nodes in GW. I can remember cursing at it, thinking that the GW achievement was something I would never obtain. You all listened to the player base and made numerous tweaks and adjustments to GW to the point now it’s a SIM for many players, and mostly an after thought. What if it didn't have to be this way???
I think it’s time to revisit GW. Make it a game-mode that is useful and serves a purpose again, other than just being a footnote in completing daily activities. Leave the ability to SIM for players who choose that, but once you reach the threshold where you gain the ability to SIM, ramp the difficulty level up! You all can see what squads and compositions are being placed in TW and GA, have GW pull these comps so we can face and test against them. You already have the ability to tier TW and GA levels so, for the most part, it is like facing like. Use this to tier GW so I’m facing a 7*, G12+, fully Zeta’d Darth Revan comp! I know that I for one, and I’m sure that there are many more in my situation, that would appreciate a change to GW that would give us the ability and an area in the game to test ideas, squad comps, and just be more of a challenge over all.
Thanks for listening. @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat @CG_Erik
Jerec's Ally-Code: 849 - 932 - 631 |

Replies

• Obs0lete
    382 posts Member
    A sandbox mode, whether it be in the form of GW or something else, has long been requested, and I’m sure the devs are aware. Please make it happen!
  • Mougish
    53 posts Member
    I think this would be a fantastic idea! Let it continue to be simmable but if you want the challenge then ramp the difficulty right up! At this point the rewards are insignificant anyway, at least for seasoned players.
  • DrNocard
    356 posts Member
    100%
    This is a fantastic idea
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    I haven’t paid attention to GW I’m so long. Not since it became boring. It was the game mode I loved. Yes, it would add more time to the amount of game play every day, but for a sandbox type mode, I would play it. They would have to take away the tm carry over between nodes and make all of the teams you face hard again in order for it to work, but I would be game for this.
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    I don't think that GW is a good mode for that. You still need to progress through 11 nodes before you can fight team on node 12. If you get stuck on node 6, you miss 6 other teams to train on. And you can't repeat the fight if you win to try different counter or strategy.

I would prefer something like daily battles:
    - Multiple battles per day
    - Each battle representing one team to beat with infinite options to try even if you win
    - Teams would need to be balanced towards your GP as it does not make sense to throw 7*, G12+ with top mods on someone who just have 1M GP
    - Teams would be changing every day - there would always be at least one team from your shard's top 50
    - There would be no rewards for this daily event because otherwise it would go down to "I can't beat those teams, give me something easier" and we would end up with second GW
    - Same mode could possibly also work for ships
  • Ladislav wrote: »
    I don't think that GW is a good mode for that. You still need to progress through 11 nodes before you can fight team on node 12. If you get stuck on node 6, you miss 6 other teams to train on. And you can't repeat the fight if you win to try different counter or strategy.

I would prefer something like daily battles:
    - Multiple battles per day
    - Each battle representing one team to beat with infinite options to try even if you win
    - Teams would need to be balanced towards your GP as it does not make sense to throw 7*, G12+ with top mods on someone who just have 1M GP
    - Teams would be changing every day - there would always be at least one team from your shard's top 50
    - There would be no rewards for this daily event because otherwise it would go down to "I can't beat those teams, give me something easier" and we would end up with second GW
    - Same mode could possibly also work for ships

If they made an individual node sim bypass, you could still do it. Of course, you'd have to retreat in time to preserve your testing squad on the node you are currently facing with difficulties.