Is the "story" of the game considered star wars cannon?

Prev1
tyf000
3 posts Member
There are legends characters but most are cannon, as Well as some new characters from the game classified as cannon

Replies

• This game has no story.
    The game was never canon right from the start. As soon as HK was added (he may even be a launch toon, correct me if I'm wrong), all sense of canonity went out the window.
    This game will never be canon.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Okay. Thanks.
  • This game has no story.

Yet.
    I’m sure the devs could find a way to add one if they wanted to. But it wouldn’t be canon.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    This game has no story.

Yet.
    I’m sure the devs could find a way to add one if they wanted to. But it wouldn’t be canon.

I thought HK was cannon...
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    This game has no story.

Yet.

I thought HK was cannon...

All KOTOR stuff is non-canon. All of it has the potential to become canon if Disney want to, seeing as it doesn't yet conflict with anything they've done (see Jacen and Jaina Solo being forever non-canon due to Kylo), but until they make a new movie/game/TV show, it is non-canon.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    The hut guy being the baddie around the cantina in the game and the bar tender (can’t remeber her name) is about the closest thing to a story we have.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    The great thing about canon is it's a made up concept, so you can pick and choose your own personal canon and not worry about whatever "official" canon is.

For example, in my canon, the prequels don't exist.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • UnbelieverInME
    451 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Essentially the game happens "some time after" the events of all games, cartoons and movies since it has to encapsulate information from them all...

And the Old Republic is becoming canon apparently... although how closely it will adhere to what we know already is unclear.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    The hut guy being the baddie around the cantina in the game and the bar tender (can’t remeber her name) is about the closest thing to a story we have.

He's actually not a villain just the current 'top player' when you start. Thing is, the one time you fight him he kinda sucks a lot.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    Not yet.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    Not yet.

tenor.gif?itemid=9797353
  • The story is simple. It's an alternate universe where Star Wars characters are as fictional as they are in our real world, and the status of Legend/EU vs canon doesn't exist, they are all at the same level of canonicity.

The Star Wars Holotable Card Game is a basic game with a HUGE lore behind it, comparable to the lore of RL games like Magic The Gathering, Warhammer, LoL, etc. Just a big useless lore that you don't need to know to enjoy the game.

The Cantina is the game shop where competitions are held, HoloCards are sold and won, food and alcohol are served, and if you're geek enough to become friends with Sharr and take the time to listen him blabber endlessly about how "ackchually Reven was not really a true Jedi because....." then you'll get rewarded with a card from his super OP deck.

Oh and a big fat no-life Hut is walking around bullying people but he spends so much in the shop that they can't kick him out.
  • tyf000
    3 posts Member
    LordAdamz wrote: »
    The story is simple. It's an alternate universe where Star Wars characters are as fictional as they are in our real world.

I think it's still the same universe as star wars and the characters aren't fictional but ancient legends that exist in their world.
  • tyf000
    3 posts Member
    Sorry about that, don't know how to end quote.
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    It should do it automatically.

I do agree though. I'm pretty sure it's set in the star wars universe. Except were KOTOR actually happened.
  • DarthKoon wrote: »

I do agree though. I'm pretty sure it's set in the star wars universe. Except were KOTOR actually happened.

What are you talking about?
    KOTOR did happen.
    Disney just doesnt like it because its better than their sequels.
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member

KOTOR did happen.

Actually, in the star wars universe KOTOR didn't happen, it isn't canon.

KOTOR did happen.

It was cannon before disney said it wasn't.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    This game has no story.

Yet.

What is story is the launch of characters in journey and legendary style. They do some story telling in those nodes. Also if you read the notes you got more background and story there.

KOTOR did happen.

But then Disney declared the expanded universe to be legends, killing its canon status.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    So they took a cannon to the canon.

KOTOR did happen.
    Disney just doesnt like it because its better than their sequels and prequels.

There I fixed your post for you =)
  • TVF wrote: »
    So they took a cannon to the canon.

Yep. Thats it.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    One should consider the nature of what cannon means in SW context=disney decision. Who made SW again? So...
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member

KOTOR did happen.

Exactly. Now it isn't.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

KOTOR did happen.

Exactly. Now it isn't.

Not exactly. Wrong canon.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    One should consider the nature of what cannon means in SW context=disney decision. Who made SW again? So...

GL went to the dark side, he can no longer be trusted.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

GL went to the dark side, he can no longer be trusted.

I certainly agree. So that leaves us with whatever we(each of use, seperately) consider to be SW is what SW is. Rest is just franchising schemes of the big players.