Advice needed - Am I ready for 7* Thrawn...? (picture inside)

Quicksilver
1175 posts Member
edited May 2019
I've been looking to get Thrawn for a long time, and it looks like his event is coming back around in June, I just wanted to see if you guys think my team is ready or still needs some work?

Ezra - G10
Chopper - G9
Hera - G8
Zeb - G8
Kanan - G8

IMG-1813.png

Replies

• What are your mods like, and what omegas do you have?
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    What are your mods like, and what omegas do you have?

I dont have them properly modded yet, I was going to do that closer to the event, but im not really sure what the best mods are for each character (I have lots of good mods I would just have to move them from other characters)

I have all of their abilities at level 6 right now, which I highly doubt is enough? but I have enough omega's for all of them if needed, just not sure who needs omega's?
  • You should at least put omegas on all of their uniques.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    You should at least put omegas on all of their uniques.

do you think the gear levels are OK where they are though? I just omega'd all their uniques, and I can play around with mods, im just mostly concerned they are high enough in gear level
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    The gear you have them at isn't the problem. I did the event at lvl 80 with all G8 so it's doable where you have them.

Don't ignore the abilities and mods though. Like DaPowerfulJedi said, omega all the uniques. From there, upgrade the basics. Omega them if you can. After that, level 6 should be fine for the remaining abilities, but you'll probably want to take them up eventually.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    The gear you have them at isn't the problem. I did the event at lvl 80 with all G8 so it's doable where you have them.

Don't ignore the abilities and mods though. Like DaPowerfulJedi said, omega all the uniques. From there, upgrade the basics. Omega them if you can. After that, level 6 should be fine for the remaining abilities, but you'll probably want to take them up eventually.

OK thank you

I went ahead and omega'd all their unique abilities

I omega'd Ezra's and Zeb's basic abilities, the others I brought to level 7 for their basics

the rest of their abilities are at level 6 but I can bump them up if need be

what do you suggest I do for modding?
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Zeb is the most important. Try to get him as fast as you can with Potency over 50% (more is better). From there, you want Hera and Ezra to be as fast as possible because both can call Zeb to assist. Zeb keeping Thrawn stun-locked is the best way to ensure you are able to beat the event (tenacity to keep him from getting dazed is good too, but not at the expense of potency/speed). Load Kanan with as much health and protection as possible, and don't worry about speed for him.

You always want Chopper fast too, since his dispel is also another key ability (along with Ezra's). He'll assist a lot if you have his omega, but those are just a bonus. Don't worry about his damage output. It's his taunt and dispel that are the reasons you want him. If you can keep trading taunt between Kanan and Chopper and get Hera giving backup plan to the one taking the hits, then you'll have a better shot.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    thank you for the advice, ill definitely play around with the mods to match what you are saying. I think ill be able to pull this off, im very excited for Thrawn

just as a side question, when I (hopefully) have Thrawn, whats the best empire team to use him with?
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    That's a good question, but hard to answer simply because Thrawn is great on pretty much any team out there. I use him under Palpatine with Vader, Sion, and Nihilus, though that's more of a sith team than an Empire one.

On another account, I actually find I use him a lot more as a 5th on a FO team (until I finish FOST) than with Empire.

As a leader, he works great with Magma Trooper as a counter to Traya, and he's pretty good leading Troopers teams from what I've heard, though I never use him that way. I prefer running full IT under Veers.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    thank you. Im going for a bunch of faction specific squads so wanted to keep it all empire, im not arena obsessed or anything its mainly for my enjoyment. I was going to do palps lead with zeta, vader, tarkin, thrawn, and then debating between royal guard or tie pilot as the last spot
  • thank you. Im going for a bunch of faction specific squads so wanted to keep it all empire, im not arena obsessed or anything its mainly for my enjoyment. I was going to do palps lead with zeta, vader, tarkin, thrawn, and then debating between royal guard or tie pilot as the last spot

Go with tie pilot. He can pump out some really good damage and hit people with buff immunity. His ship is pretty good too!
  • molinos11
    1 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Just echoing TFP over RG. It sucks not having a taunt sometimes, but TFP is my biggest hitter and he's so fast. I've been running that squad in arena since February when I unlocked Thrawn. Hopefully shifting to Rebels in July, but I love my Empire squad.

Good luck in the Thrawn event! Your Ezra and Chopper are each one gear above mine when I completed it. All the above advice is great to follow. You'll get it done, for sure!
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Thank you everyone for the advice!

Im happy to report that I got 7* Thrawn this morning! :smile:

I was really way too worried about this event but it ended up being super easy, I auto'd the whole event on the first try