Developer Q&A - May 29th

Replies

• yohann269
    375 posts Member
    Can we get more bandwidth for bots, API requests for TW/GA information gathering?
  • The design around the battle backgrounds is wonderful. Are there more coming soon, especially with the Geonosis map ? Could it be possible to select a background before entering a battle ?
  • Is Clonewars Chewie going to have any rework/touch any time soon?
    What can you guys talk about the new grand arena championship in advance?
  • Is it the intent to keep JKR and DR as the most powerful meta or will other factions be brought up to speed.

Padme has a tough time beating both JKR and DR despite being a newer character - will Galactic Republic reworks allow her to be properly competitive? Killing Anakin first makes the Padme team very easy to defeat and killing him is pretty easy with both JKR and DR thanks to undispellable buff immunity and aoe damage and fear.

Padme not allowing her team to gain turn meter really hurts her competitiveness.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Why did Crumb add so many reserved comments?
    I'm adding each person's responses to each section. Will review this thread for more questions shortly
  • Do you plan to add new levels of difficulty to the Current Raids?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Why did Crumb add so many reserved comments?
    I'm adding each person's responses to each section. Will review this thread for more questions shortly

Thanks.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    1. Will we get an option to change defenses set in Grand Arena, TW?

2. Can we get a “which team attacked your defensive team” during review periods of Grand Arena and TW? Ability to see battle replays? This was referred as capable in last Q&A and an update would be nice

3. Can we get an option to look at the mods of defeated teams in Grand Arena and TW?

4. Can we get how much turn meter is loaded under the health bar in GA, TW?

5. Any attempts made by the team to introduce legends content such as Yuuzhan Vong? Even if it got denied by Lucas team? I know you aren’t going to answer X character but this is more of a question regarding an un-ventured era of the game and I’m interested in seeing CGs interest in factions such as was it only bought up in an internal meeting or plans are being made about this era

6. How frequent will Mythic Battle events be in the big picture? Once a year, twice a year, thrice? Guild Event Token as a resource is being stretched too thin and some foresight would be helpful on its spending rather than hoarding it forever and then having a new toon introduced with 200% more price to target those hoarders and causing the rest of the population to suffer
  • Eyeball challenge gear is expensive and rare these days since the hAAT rewards were changed. Can we have more or cheaper opportunities to get that gear?
  • Will we see anything in the future with ground battles with vehicles (AAT’s, Speeder Bikes, etc)?
  • The relationship between CG & Game Changers has changed this past year. Could you give your thoughts about the Game Changer program in its current state as well as moving forward.
  • Is there any plans for PVE content?
  • From a newer players perspective, is there any thoughts of increasing drop rates of older characters /gear. Anyone starting now will not be able to complete their collection over the next 5 years?
  • Decara
    2 posts Member
    Why no additions or subtractions to the GameChanger program? Clearly some no longer want to promote the game, or use their account to test things beyond just revealing new characters.
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    i have two questions:

1) can you divide our ship shard once more? there are too many too good player. i need 2/3 hours each day for climbing, need to refresh for 50 and 100 crystals. please take a look, how many fleet battles we have and compare it with the average of the other shards. i have a good fleet an it is good for rank 1. there are some discussions in the forum and it seems, we are once more in the hardest arena of the game. no lie! today i needed 8 fights to go from 12 to 1...
    or is our ship-arena compatible with your „idea of game-health“ and „quality of life“?

2) mod-lock: in german we would say, this is a "hot iron", but they say, we will get answers also for the difficult questions...
    so: since some months it is clear, that the mod lock doesn't work. if we have no mods in the moment of the fight, no matter if the hero had some at the target-lock, he fights without mods! and a hero, who had no mods at the target-lock, can get the fastest mods and goes first. ea/cg knew it a long time, threw the post in undergroups or the archive. why didn't you say: stop, houston.... we have a problem, we stop territory war and grand arena? you kept it secret, but the player of course noticed it.
    Post edited by jedibaer71 on
  • Do you guys get early access to movies/TV shows/games/etc. so you can start developing characters from that thing?
  • Jamerson wrote: »
    Any thoughts on adding a friendly PVP within guilds to battle other guild members for bragging rights/testing teams?

Many in my guild want this as well. Like a “March Madness bracket” for bragging rights and fun chat-times within the guild.
  • Would you ever consider a "reset" button for a character that you no longer use? For example, if you have gotten your Ughnaught to 7-star, lvl85, and a high gear level, I wouldn't mind just reseting him without getting my gear and resources back. I just hate the drag on GP given current matchmaking.
    1. Are we going to see new raids in the future? The 3 ones now are starting to get old. Maybe a ship raid or something in the sequel trilogy?
    2. Is there a new territory battle coming? Hoth is a good battle but we need something different. Genosis and Endor could work if they are done right.
    3. Will there be new territory war maps? Jakku is getting old fast.
    4. Will there ever be a way to change deployed squads in GA and TW? Mistakes get made all the time.
    5. Can we slow down character releases? There is just way to much.
    6. Can you make it easier to farm mk5 Stun Guns? EVERYONE needs them and they aren't easy to get ahold of.

That's all I got.
  • Slazbacca
    36 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Can we PLEASE have a minimum of 1 zeta earned for each of the 3 challenge days? Getting zero zeta on these days su diddely ucks! And what about possibly having zeta for sale?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Kit touch ups were a nice move. Will there ever be a large pass of "relevancy touch ups" on older characters to make them slightly better? Not meta but just relevant? Pre-protection characters are most obvious canidates for just a single change to one of their abilities.

Any chance of even larger GA zones to test depth of rosters?

Thanks.
  • Can guilds/players have “TWs won” and “GAs won” added as part of their profile rather than just plain ole GP?
  • would you consider updating the gear in challenges,adding new raids, and is it possible to see public test accounts in the future or the near future?
  • AtreiNero wrote: »
    1. Are we going to see new raids in the future? The 3 ones now are starting to get old. Maybe a ship raid or something in the sequel trilogy?
    2. Is there a new territory battle coming? Hoth is a good battle but we need something different. Genosis and Endor could work if they are done right.
    3. Will there be new territory war maps? Jakku is getting old fast.
    4. Will there ever be a way to change deployed squads in GA and TW? Mistakes get made all the time.
    5. Can we slow down character releases? There is just way to much.
    6. Can you make it easier to farm mk5 Stun Guns? EVERYONE needs them and they aren't easy to get ahold of.

That's all I got.

We've known for months that we are getting a new TB set on Geonosis.
  • A: CG_Erik: Interesting factoid: the moment Anakin "falls" he becomes Darth Vader.

So Vader Unmasked maybe??

• HK22
    644 posts Member
    Are there any plans to expand the prestigious quest system? We currently have none for fleets, but the ones we received for Grand Arena were excellent. You could add quests for completing certain faction milestones to reward collectors for branching outside of the PVP mode.
  • DarthAxiod
    13 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    The zeta crunch is getting worse as it seems the zeta odds are definitely more toward not getting a zeta versus getting a zeta. Can we get other game modes that give a zeta or two a week as a reward just a thought?
  • I have a deep question about the relationship between "Turn Meter Gain(%)" and "Speed":
    how can we possibly know if a character is going to hit 100% TM before the other if , let's say:
    Character A starts the encounter with a bonus 20% TM and have 250 speed; but character B has no bonus TM at the start of the encounter but have 300 speed. Which of the mwill hit 100% TM first?
  • Is there a release date on mods 3.0, and any hints on what it may address?
This discussion has been closed.