Developer Q&A - May 29th

Replies

• When can we have another dev q&a and can it use a different interface beyond one that requires refreshing the forum endlessly? Some kind of live chat forum or YouTube or Twitch?
  • Will there be any specific use for a Clone team outside of the new TB map?
  • Can I sell a mod there and then when I get it PLEASE
  • brunobyof wrote: »
    I have a deep question about the relationship between "Turn Meter Gain(%)" and "Speed":
    how can we possibly know if a character is going to hit 100% TM before the other if , let's say:
    Character A starts the encounter with a bonus 20% TM and have 250 speed; but character B has no bonus TM at the start of the encounter but have 300 speed. Which of the mwill hit 100% TM first?

U don't need devs to answer this.

250 with 20% bonus is equal to 312.5 speed so the 250 speed unit with 20% bonus tm would act first.

Speed / (1-bonus tm%) = actual speed
    250/(1-.20)=312.5
    300/(1-0)=300

Oh well, i didn't excpect that, thanks!
    this is a bit confusing since speed is fundamentally different from turn meter gauge in my mind, i mean, speed is how fast a character fills the turn meter gauge, notTHE actual speed, anyways, i guess this works.
  • What steps are being taken to address the cheaters? There are multiple players in my shard who hit top 10 with clearly outgunned teams.
  • When can we have another dev q&a and can it use a different interface beyond one that requires refreshing the forum endlessly? Some kind of live chat forum or YouTube or Twitch?

That's the real question that needs answering.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Will we ever get 4-LOM and/or zuckuss?
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • It seems like B1 battle droid’s unique ability is designed to prevent damage on starting his turn, however plague causes damage over time and consistently destroys him. I thought it was intended for each “wave” i.e. each 8 stacks of droid battalion to be a completely “new” droid free of the limitations of the previous. Shouldn’t locking debuffs be removed when a droid (8 stacks) is destroyed?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    CG_Cyanides' Responses:
    • Q: Will you consider revisiting rewards from Challenges? Adding newer high demand gear, or upping the reward output? -Jorm Gandr
    • A: CG_Cyanides: We have been looking into Challenge rewards as the game gets older (I'm looking at you Mace), but we don't have plans of changing the rewards anytime soon. As we are always adding new events and new feature modes, those get the priorities for updated rewards. Ideally, we'd release a new tier to the challenges with additional/new rewards in the future.

Yes, please change Mace's rewards. They are a complete waste of a challenge event. At least add 1 item that is useful.
  • What are your thoughts on the current "rate of gearing" for characters? Will there be an increase in the amount of bottleneck gear entering the game, or are you happy with the current state of things?
  • Do you have plans on balancing rewards in the Sith Triumvirate Raid between the top 10 and the others, allowing everyone to have a chance to get great rewards?

Miller
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    CG_Erik's Responses:
    • Q: The real question no-one is asking: How are you doing this Q&A when Caley is hogging the laptop??
    • A: CG_Erik: We are all Caley.
    • CG_Tophat: I am Caley.
    • CG_Carrie: I am Caley.
    • CG_154M: I am Caley.
    • CG_Cyanides: I am Caley

That was funny. :)
  • Weltall
    98 posts Member
    Questions regarding Friendly PVP

Many of us have been looking forward to (ahnald+mobileGamer also speculating lightly in a very old duo-video), asking and begging with much sugar on top whether the Dev team would be so kind and provide us with a game mode where we can effectively tinker around with geared+modded squads, in preparation to the "real" stuff like Arena, GA/TW, Raids etc.. Preferably against pre-determined teams set by our own Guildies, which would also add to the fun factor, less to the daily routine, grinding or mandatory activities.

As of now, for older players, GW is a boring chore and the final GW node the only not-so-satisfying method to test named experimental squads. Raids are being overrun by the guildies usually, so there is not enough time, nor is it a real environment for testing against real squads, plus there is the star count restriction. Browsing youtube videos is an option, but it's tiresome and not always yields the search results one would like to see.

One of the main arguments here is that many current and past successful games (WoW/ SWToR / Final Fantasy / Heroes of the Storm, etc.) have some sort of "Training dummy" or Duelling system outside of the merciless arena / battleground / raid environments where players can chill out and enjoy the less stressful parts of their game.

Wouldn't it be a forthcoming step by the CG team towards the playerbase (less so towards gamechangers or beta-testers) to create said leisure game mode which (exceptionally) isn't oriented towards any reward system or resource-depleting mechanics ?
  • Jack26
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Already answered
    Thanks
  • Spang wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    CG_Erik's Responses:
    • Q: The real question no-one is asking: How are you doing this Q&A when Caley is hogging the laptop??
    • A: CG_Erik: We are all Caley.
    • CG_Tophat: I am Caley.
    • CG_Carrie: I am Caley.
    • CG_154M: I am Caley.
    • CG_Cyanides: I am Caley

That was funny. :)

Agreed.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    One of the best parts about this game was theory crafting and making teams out of toons that would normally would never mesh together such as Rey and Grand Admital Thrawn.

The game is going towards a creative tunnel and if toons like Thrawn would be released today they would be severely limited. This is also a growing concern of the community

Are any steps going to be taken to reintroduce theory crafting aka flexible toons rather than limited faction viability again?
  • “A: CG_Erik: Interesting factoid: the moment Anakin "falls" he becomes Darth Vader.”

🙄
    Ooba hutar.
  • In spaces where we have kind of a lull in the game like we do currently, is there any plan to creat more engaging content?
  • Are there any plans to add a squad arena sandbox or sparring mode we can play vs friends and guild mates?
  • Thraesh
    30 posts Member
    Why did CG Crumb post CG Tophat's response twice in his section lol
  • It's highly unlikely we're ever going to see a Jawa rework, so can we at least get a Jawa portrait?
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Are there any plans to give us a bit of a sandbox mode where we could do practice battles against out guildmates rosters?

In the past you have said that you look to how many people are manually playing GW as an marker for if this is wanted, but the random teams in GW are in no way worth the effort of manually playing hoping to find a good team of the composition you wanted to test against.
  • Any chance you'd open a free way to test teams against players in your guild? like choose a team to battle to give us a better opportunity to get the feel for our teams before using them in GA/TW? I'm not looking for rewards from this just the chance to test and play some battles when you've already exhausted all other game modes. Maybe even a friendly in-guild tournament like the GA championships, same bracket system just battling your friends
  • Will we see tools set up to allow players during Territory War and Grand Arena the ability to see what the opponents used to beat their defensive squads that where deployed. This would help with strategizing future battles and arenas as this is an ever evolving gamplay.
  • Will clones be needed for something important.? I.E. BH for Chewy or Ewoks for 3po?
  • Will we see a Grievous player Icon?
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    Any chance you might add percentage for health, protection and TM to the recently introduced status info box during battles?
    A lot of abilities multiple effects that are triggered by those values (e.g. Dengar stun if < 50% TM, Talia basic < 100% health, Talia special = 100% health, Raid Han, TIE Silencer, etc..). Currently, it is not possible to tell apart 51% from 49% or 99% from 100% and may result in playing the wrong ability despite knowing how the unit works.
    Same with hunting max banners in Grand Arena. Currently, there is no way to tell which units are really on 100% protection and/or 100% health. Or any other specific value. E.g. I might have a unit that's missing some protection. There might be another unit's ability available that can restore 30% protection but as a trade off would deal less/no damage and thus risking another turn by the enemy. If I know unit A is at 70% protection, I'd take the risk and restore to maybe get that additional banner. If unit B is at 69% protection the banner is out of reach so don't take any additional risk and finish that battle.

It doesn't feel right to lose or get a worse result not because of RNG but just because you cannot tell what that bar is at, or does it?
  • Can you reconcile the stated ethos of the game - playing with your Star Wars action figures - with the forced synergy on abilities like Anakin's Righteous Fury and General Kenobi's Soresu. I get that someone like GK is so powerful anyway that he needs some limit but why not make it like Ahsoka Tano's assist which requires galactic republic leadership but not 5 GR toons. It would be nice to slot a character like Thrawn or Nest into that team without losing some of the major character abilities.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    One of the best parts about this game was theory crafting and making teams out of toons that would normally would never mesh together such as Rey and Grand Admital Thrawn.

The game is going towards a creative tunnel and if toons like Thrawn would be released today they would be severely limited. This is also a growing concern of the community

Are any steps going to be taken to reintroduce theory crafting aka flexible toons rather than limited faction viability again?

This is a very important point which has caused many of my own friends and guildies to leave the game. It sadly got thrown into the trash when the Revans came out and destroyed any squad below it and kind of threw a monkey-wrench in the game as we knew it and the “fun-ness” we all experienced when we first downloaded the game and started building our rosters and “theory-crafting” squads strengths against other squads. Now it’s, you have the smack-down squad, or you don’t.
  • Will you consider customizable toons? It would be great if we can create a new unique toon, choose a master (dark or light) for him/her and somehow they synergies with each other
This discussion has been closed.