Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Prev13456765
CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
Check out the brief overview of the upcoming feature, Grand Arena Championships here!

Got questions about Grand Arena Championships? Ask them here!

Replies

• DanTheDork17
    76 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I haven’t seen anything on here about this(unless I missed it) so here you go.
    https://youtu.be/_JnsyaVx4TQ
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Just like the datamine said

Looks like they are using prize boxes now so that they don’t have to alternate between handpicked rewards

I hope junk gear isn’t in it in Auditorium and Khyber levels and the rewards are a substantial upgrade

I’m excited for it
  • Crumb just posted this lol rip me.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Lets hope the rewards are actually good instead of chalenge gear and 50 thousand credits... :D
  • Can we stop this nonsense right now? GA is the worst thing to be added since pvp tournaments. It's fine if you want give people something to compete in but remove all rewards and just grant titles and stupid crap like that. That way people that hate your stupid mini TW aren't forced to play it.
  • I love GA, but can you just give definitive dates when things will be released?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Will rosters be locked for the entirety of the championship or will we get to benefit from upgrades made during the weeks it is running?
  • How will matchmaking be handled. Will Kyber simply be those with the highest GP? Are players matched via GP no matter what league they are in?

If a "season" is several weeks, are we going to see a traditional GA round as we do now with 8 players per round? Single elimination style as we have now or will we have divisions, mutiple matches per player per round to give us an even tougher challenge?
  • Bettz
    29 posts Member
    Looks very interesting. Are you able to comment more on the "touger opponents." Will they still be within a reasonably close gp range or could you face significantly higher gp opponents?
  • @CG_SBCrumb

This looks really cool! With the different leagues, will losses in rounds/battles cause a reduction in league? Are league ranks reset after every championship?
  • So pretty much Grand Arena Championships is a copy of another EA Game. The Commanders and Rivals game. Literally it’s almost Exactly the same,lol. The only reason I noticed is because I’ve been playing the game the past few days.
  • Zynkin
    53 posts Member
    So... the top Kyber league is obviously the $5k+ per year whale league who will get the gear they need for g13 as a reward, next would be the $1k+ whales, do you think FTP will be able to make it into the chromium league?
  • SamoBudo
    223 posts Member
    Can we stop this nonsense right now? GA is the worst thing to be added since pvp tournaments. It's fine if you want give people something to compete in but remove all rewards and just grant titles and stupid crap like that. That way people that hate your stupid mini TW aren't forced to play it.

How wrong can you be. This is by far the best part of SWGH. If you don't like it don't play it.
  • I’m most interested in the GP bracket:reward ratio. The best part of GA in the past was the equal rewards for newer and older players. This equality allowed us another game mode outside of squad arena where we can be competitive and not fall further behind the long time players.
  • GA is kinda boring and this doesn’t seem to address some of the core issues like terrible drop rates and I’m still waiting for a playground to test squads.
  • Is this going to completely replace the current GA format or we will have both running at the same time? Thanks!
  • Kantouch
    54 posts Member
    Can we stop this nonsense right now? GA is the worst thing to be added since pvp tournaments. It's fine if you want give people something to compete in but remove all rewards and just grant titles and stupid crap like that. That way people that hate your stupid mini TW aren't forced to play it.

It’s great that you’re so vocal about your opinion. Unfortunately, I think you’re in the vast minority. GA is an awesome mode that allows(allowed?) newer players to expedite their growth, older players to enjoy individual competition, and community members to showcase their matches for all to see. I hope you can grow to love this mode as most do.
  • SamoBudo wrote: »

How wrong can you be. This is by far the best part of SWGH. If you don't like it don't play it.

Not as wrong as you, because it is definitely the worst.
  • This looks cool. Can't wait!
  • SamoBudo wrote: »

Not as wrong as you, because it is definitely the worst.

Looks and sounds like 2 players that should probably just save others the wambulance, and retire.
    You had a good run.
    If you don’t like the mode and it’s improvements, then step off the holotable.
    No one is begging y’all to take part in GA.
    If you don’t like it, don’t do it.
    Quit complaining.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    If the rewards aren’t better than the garbage ga rewards I’ll have a hard time caring
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    This gives players who dominate at a medium-high GP a chance to battle tougher opponents. It's only fair that the tougher the opposition the higher the rewards.

I'm all for this.

Let's leave it out with calling out other people on the forum ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited May 2019
    Do you get demoted for losing?

EDIT:
    Seems fantastic and I’m looking forward to it
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Hop for some crystals, to turn AWAY FROM THE MAFIA OF PvP

And give our SANDBOX MODE!!! I want to test my squads... to test them today, I need to go to arena and play always against the same opponents
  • Ultra wrote: »

EDIT:

Yep pretty sure you do. The first notes mentioned that ranks 1-4 Get promoted

Along with this what I want to see is a knockout system. Eventually there will be a final group of 8. Hopefully these battles will be live streamed or something
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Ultra wrote: »

EDIT:
    No, you cannot get demoted during a season
  • Great... SWGOH slips further and further into the Yu-Gi-Oh-But-With-Star-Wars abyss..
    Or is it Pokemon-But-With-Star-Wars....

*Shrug* Six of one, a half dozen of the other.

This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    I’m so excited! This is the content I been waiting for!!! Grand arena was already great to play and fun to watch so this seems like an amazing upgrade to it!
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Xtractor
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I like GA, but I'm not sure about how matchmaking will work in this. In regular GA we're already supposed to face evenly matched opponents. In GA Championship, will we start off facing undermatched opponents and progress to overmatched opponents? If so, I don't see the point. Why would I want to face an undermatched or overmatched opponent? The fun of GA is trying to defeat evenly matched opponents. But I'll wait and see in case I'm missing something.
  • mali3538
    105 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    1. When? Eta? (in coming weeks.... That is just so like Soon, and i hate Soon.. I wait soon every day.. Addict i know)
    2. New currency.... Means new shop filled with what?
    3. Again 24h setup and 24h battle or button "DONE GO TO NEXT PHASE" with 24h limit?
    4. Rewards difference? If is low no one will bother to get promotion to Kyber