Exploiting TW matchup... need to be fixed

I like to bring to attention that many guilds are exploiting the matchup of TW.

How it work?
-> Dropping players off and enter undersized guild players so that the GP of the guild drop to match with similar GP of other guild

Why is it an exploit?
-> Imagine there is 50 handicapped person with no legs on wheelchair.. If you send in 10 professional athletes to compete in a race... in a ratio of 5:1... who will win?

Why it matter?
-> Gaining unfair advantage is against the spirit of the game

A possible Solution?
-> Match undersized vs undersized... if 10 professional athletes trying to exploit.... match them up with another 10 professional athletes who trying to do the same exploitation.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member

How it work?
    -> Dropping players off and enter undersized guild players so that the GP of the guild drop to match with similar GP of other guild

Why is it an exploit?
    -> Imagine there is 50 handicapped person with no legs on wheelchair.. If you send in 10 professional athletes to compete in a race... in a ratio of 5:1... who will win?

How is it ab exploit, if the reason to not participate is inactivity or dislike of the game format?

• LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Lets put this into context then, TW starts on a saturday night. i have a guild made up of work colegues + friends.
    we have a stag weekend arranged and are going to be very drunk + out of the country for the weekend so 10 of us dont sign up for TW as i think playing a mobile game would be very low on our prioritys list TBH...

Exploit or people with lives?

when you have an event that plays out during a weekend you cannot expect 50 people to be there and play it.
    for some guilds people have lives and dont bother signing up as they have better things to do, or then again you have those who dont like TW so dont bother signing up for it either...
    Exploit or Real Lives?

there is a long list of these posts and just because you force people to sign up to every TW doesnt mean every other guild out there does. some people actually have lives or plain just dont like TW so dont tar every guild with the same brush
    Yes there is "some" guilds out there doing this but to punish 1 guild because another does something is wrong in every sense of the word
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

How it work?

Why is it an exploit?

How is it ab exploit, if the reason to not participate is inactivity or dislike of the game format?

Problem is, are you 100% sure that's the reason? Because I think nobody is. Most of the times this is due to guilds purposedly doing this by filling 5 to 10 spots in their guilds with alt accounts, that will bring them advantages such as auto-donating in addition to the TW one.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Drazhar wrote: »

How it work?

Why is it an exploit?

Problem is, are you 100% sure that's the reason?

Not in all cases, no, which is exactly my point. The reason matters, when defining it as an exploit.
    Most of the times this is due to guilds purposedly doing this by filling 5 to 10 spots in their guilds with alt accounts, that will bring them advantages such as auto-donating in addition to the TW one.

So you agree, that it's not all of the time? My point exactly :-)

• 40 Darth revan / Malaks vs 50 Darth revan / Malaks
    40 JKR vs 50 JKR
    40 Traya vs 50 NS+Nest
    40 CLS vs 50 Traya
    40 JTR and 40 palp vs 50 Carth, 50 FO and 50 BH
    40 left over teams thrown together vs etc... etc...

Less active GP defeated meaning lower rank on the TW leaderboard (not that that means anything but still)

point made?

dropping players isn't always beneficial and is more often than not because of choices completely removed from trying to game the system to an advantage
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Drazhar wrote: »

How it work?

Why is it an exploit?

Problem is, are you 100% sure that's the reason? Because I think nobody is. Most of the times this is due to guilds purposedly doing this by filling 5 to 10 spots in their guilds with alt accounts, that will bring them advantages such as auto-donating in addition to the TW one.

Assuming this is the only reason that guilds enter without being full is part of the problem.

Any solution needs to also account for the fact that a guild could have members who didnt sign up, have something going on or dont like the game mode.

Also just pairing based on the number of players doesn't solve the issue in the slightest. Not all guilds are created equal, facing 8 high school track stars vs 8 Olympians doesn't make it a fair match because there are 8 on both teams.

A guild 6 players down facing the closest match that is also 6 players down doesn't mean it will be fair.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Exploiting in this manner seems like an awful lot of work for a very minimal difference in rewards.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Guilds don't ask/force players to sit out, just so they can drop down a bracket (for weaker rewards) and beat up on weaker guilds. Most guilds have to remind their players to sign up.

Losing rewards at higher GP aew often better (or the same) as losing rewards at lower brackets. And some guilds simply don't have 50 players. It's really that simple.

There's no conspiracy, no sandbagging, and nothing nefarious about what's happening.

It's a game - not everyone plays it like you do (ir your guild does)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    You’d be surprised even in high end guilds people still need to sit out for this reason or that.

Some guilds make TW optional. Some guilds have been together since the start of guilds and enjoy each other. Some of those players aren’t as active anymore. I wouldn’t want to tell someone they can’t be a part of my guild anymore because they’re not as active for whatever reason. I think it’s selfish of someone not even in the guild to expect that.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    While everyone on this thread is banging on his reasoning, I think his idea is still valid. Match by GP, but also match by player count who joined. So a 50 member at 160M GP will be matched with another 49-50 member guild with 160M GP. While a 180M GP guild that only had 40 sign up is matched to another guild that had a similar active GP, but also as close as possible to number ot active players.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »
    While everyone on this thread is banging on his reasoning, I think his idea is still valid. Match by GP, but also match by player count who joined. So a 50 member at 160M GP will be matched with another 49-50 member guild with 160M GP. While a 180M GP guild that only had 40 sign up is matched to another guild that had a similar active GP, but also as close as possible to number ot active players.

Nobody has said he doesnt have a point but in one we are all sick and tired of these posts popping up stating that if a guild is not 50/50 on every single TW then they are exploiting.
    funny how fast people are to jump and say others are cheating or gaming the system.
    no wonder levithian + lucifersdaddy have such a massive backlog and take so long to attempt to clear through all the innocent players before they actually get to real cheats in this game with people like this reporting anyone they can for cheating without having any facts to back themselves up
    NOT HAVING 50/50 SIGN UP FOR TW IS NOT EXPLOITING FOR 99% OF GUILDS