Future event toons like talzin and wicket

Of all the different types of special events we've had in the past which rewarded special toons, I dont believe that any have stood out more so than that of talzin and wicket. They originally were event only toons like cls or thrawn who eventually recieved farmable nodes some time later. Once players 7 starred said toon they gained access to the second stage which rewarded a zeta. Will we ever see a similar event in the future where we can farm a toon and eventually earn a zeta after 7 star?

Replies

• Hantal86
    217 posts Member
    I hope so, but I think the standard marquee system is the standard now
  • Btw when was the last time we ever had a marquee event? The last one I can remember had droideka and b1 I think. All the craziness with legendaries coming in one after the other with little downtime to prepare (in my opinion) it feels like months since we recieved a simple new marquee toon. Everything else has been either crazy hard legendary events or updates to preexisting toons.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    They originally weren't going to make Wicket and Talzin farmable anywhere else besides those events and people were very upset about how long it would take to finish them that way, so they added them to nodes and said they wouldn't be releasing characters like that in the future.

As for marquees, in addition to the droids we have had 2 galactic chase events which are meant to fill a similar type of release cadence.
  • thedrjojo
    952 posts Member
    B1/Droideka were the last Marquees in February (along with reworks of gg, b2, and magnagard)
    March was ebon hawk, Darth revan, with reworks of HK and BSF
    April was reworks of Anakin/snips/GK, Malak and Padme
    May was reworks of nute and dooku and a cancelled Marquee

I'd expect reworks/Marquee 2nd week of June and return of Dr/Malak end of June.
  • What was the cancelled marquee about or for? I must have missed the news about it because I dont remember reading anything about it
  • Coolnessda wrote: »
    What was the cancelled marquee about or for? I must have missed the news about it because I dont remember reading anything about it
    They never said what it was, just that they had planned a marquee character for the end of May but decided to allow players to have a chance to catch their breath and gear/farm what they needed.
  • Is Malak essentially a marquee event toon? After the initial unlock you have to farm his remaining shards in the GES
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    What was the cancelled marquee about or for? I must have missed the news about it because I dont remember reading anything about it

It was here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/202851/update-on-recent-characters
    I’ll note that there was a new marquee/galactic chase character planned for May, which will likely get moved out, so at the moment absent of that single marquee/chase, there are no other characters planned in May, so you can use that time to focus on gearing up the characters that you have acquired recently and planning your next in-game moves.
  • Is Malak essentially a marquee event toon? After the initial unlock you have to farm his remaining shards in the GES

Marquee characters are unlocked from a marquee event, Malak is unlocked from a mythic battle.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Unfortunately they were not that well recieved, so it is not likely to return in that format.