GA autodeploy not work with partial deploy

ShawDou
297 posts Member
I though GA auto-deploy was supposed to help ppl have a fight and get credits for winning when oponent does not deploy units.So why it works only part way? My oponent only set ships. So not only i got just ship fight that i dont like at all, but also lost chance to get 300k credits for win against his character teams. wbbxsukqsqa0.png

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Yeah it isnt designed very well. Another thing it should do when it does auto populate is at least put factions together with leaders in lead spots. Autopopulating by gp is essentially a loss anyway. Why bother?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Yeah it isnt designed very well. Another thing it should do when it does auto populate is at least put factions together with leaders in lead spots. Autopopulating by gp is essentially a loss anyway. Why bother?

No, auto deployment should not put together strong(er) teams for you. If you didn't set any defense, you shouldn't be helped to a possible victory.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    That's the whole point. If you can't be bothered to set defenses in 5 minutes, you deserve to lose the chance of winning.

It's a mechanism to make sure your opponent still has a chance to get some credits or complete quests while your passivety towards the game mode is repaid by stripping your chance of forming teams with synergy. You still get rewards, so I see no problem.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

As others have mentioned, the auto-populate feature is not intended to benefit the player who forgot to set their squads. The intent is to make it so that you can't negatively impact your opponents game experience by setting no defense (purposefully or otherwise).
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    It's a mechanism to make sure your opponent still has a chance to get some credits or complete quests while your passivety towards the game mode is repaid by stripping your chance of forming teams with synergy. You still get rewards, so I see no problem.

Yea exactly, so why it does not deploy at all free spots when oponent place only 1 team? This is more for dev question, but tell me single reason why would person deploy only part of defense other than to screw his oponent so he cant get all the credits/quests from defeating it. I cant see any other reason by myself.

• ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    So someone who knows or suspect he cant win, can at least "hurt" opponent by removing his ability to get credits/quests from fights. This is why i think it should auto deploy all teams no matter when someone set 0 or 1 teams.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Originally it didn't do anything, people would set no D and that's how it was. The auto deploy was a fix, and my guess is it's much easier to implement for no D versus a partial D.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH