Auto-Join GA

CaptainRex
2840 posts Member
Just curious, is there any reason not to have everyone automatically join GA?
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

Replies

• Inactive accounts.
  • Inactives so the whales won't complain
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    the end result would just be more auto set defenses. Not sure there is a reason to do that.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Inactive accounts.

You could easily have everyone join who has been active within 24 hours or something similar. I’ve nearly forgotten to join a few times because I didn’t pay attention that they were going on. I can see how someone could miss it.

As a side note, it would be really helpful if they would hide the icons on the side once they have been completed and maybe highlight them or somehow make them stand out when action is needed. Since they are pretty much always there I’ve become used to them and don’t even notice when they change.
  • Sometimes it pops up with like 10 hours left. And I’m pretty active and click around all the time. It takes me by surprise sometimes.

Last few join periods it’s been like oh crap ga is here.
    I should print the chalendar.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    What, and miss out on the whine threads when people miss the incredibly obvious join icon on the home screen for an entire day?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• robjay04
    86 posts Member
    Inactive accounts.

You could easily have everyone join who has been active within 24 hours or something similar. I’ve nearly forgotten to join a few times because I didn’t pay attention that they were going on. I can see how someone could miss it.

As a side note, it would be really helpful if they would hide the icons on the side once they have been completed and maybe highlight them or somehow make them stand out when action is needed. Since they are pretty much always there I’ve become used to them and don’t even notice when they change.

I would prefer people who don’t participate or enjoy GA to have the option to not participate.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    If missing the signup day for championship will mean you're locked out for an entire month, I think that's an issue.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    If missing the signup day for championship will mean you're locked out for an entire month, I think that's an issue.

Easy solution, make the signup period a few days.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Why not just throw all accounts in since over a period of time u’ll be climbing past those inactives anw. More rewards for people who actually care.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

Why not just throw all accounts in since over a period of time u’ll be climbing past those inactives anw. More rewards for people who actually care.

Because then the first round of matches will be a slew of auto defenses from inactive (we have seen a solution stated for this) and players that dont want to participate.

Let's not forget that players actively not participating in events and other things is a good metric for them as to what players are liking and where they should focus development/time/resources. I'm not sure they would get rid of that.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    robjay04 wrote: »
    Inactive accounts.

I would prefer people who don’t participate or enjoy GA to have the option to not participate.

Do people actually consciously sit out? Why would anyone do this? Even if I didn’t want to play, I would join and take last place rewards. I assume that’s what all the inactive accounts I regularly face are doing.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Why not face the inactive accounts in GA? They’re kept in game as challenging placeholder bottlenecks for Arena and Fleet Arena.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Why not face the inactive accounts in GA? They’re kept in game as challenging placeholder bottlenecks for Arena and Fleet Arena.

In those cases they do sink and unless the players return will not come back.

To bring them into GA every time it resets would be a bit more of an issue.
  • Lasod
    52 posts Member
    Make auto deploy the lowest gp toons instead of highest
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Inactive accounts.

Do people actually consciously sit out? Why would anyone do this? Even if I didn’t want to play, I would join and take last place rewards. I assume that’s what all the inactive accounts I regularly face are doing.

Right. I often don't participate, but I at least click join for rewards... would be foolish not to.
  • robjay04 wrote: »
    Inactive accounts.

Im suprised more people didnt jump on you for this comment. There was an entire thread of whiney brats complaining abkut people doing just as you said here
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    the end result would just be more auto set defenses. Not sure there is a reason to do that.

Is that a problem? I actually love facing auto defense. It's completely different, which is something that doesn't happen very often in SWGoH.
    I get a free victory, with some extra fun thrown in, whoever auto-joined gets free rewards. Seems like a win-win to me.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »

Is that a problem? I actually love facing auto defense. It's completely different, which is something that doesn't happen very often in SWGoH.
    I get a free victory, with some extra fun thrown in, whoever auto-joined gets free rewards. Seems like a win-win to me.

For people that want an actual challenge, it reduces the odds of getting that challenge because more inactives are in the pool. You may love facing auto defense, but as you said yourself, it's a free victory. Some people don't want that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CaptainRex wrote: »

When it happens, it happens, but why would they want to intentionally increase the rate of that happening.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Inactive accounts.

Im suprised more people didnt jump on you for this comment. There was an entire thread of whiney brats complaining abkut people doing just as you said here

I guess I missed this. I don’t really understand the complaint. Why would you expect someone to pass up free rewards? I understand the desire to face an active person, but how should this be done differently?
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    Lasod wrote: »

Terrible idea. That helps the person not deploying as they would have their best teams available for offense.
  • So we're really having a 24 hour sign up period for a 5 week event that requires almost daily participation and is the only place to get the new g12 finisher content. That sounds ridiculous just ask anyone. Miss one day and your a full month behind everyone else?
  • So we're really having a 24 hour sign up period for a 5 week event that requires almost daily participation and is the only place to get the new g12 finisher content. That sounds ridiculous just ask anyone. Miss one day and your a full month behind everyone else?

It only drops from the GEO TB the G12 finisher, but you get currency from the GAC to buy more G12 finishers.
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Lasod wrote: »

Terrible idea. That helps the person not deploying as they would have their best teams available for offense.

How does that help even in the slightest? I would crush anyone with his lowest toons on defense because then I would just get max scores on all battles and they wouldn't be able to do so on mine no matter what they have available for offense.