The next KOTOR related hero I want to see added....

Satele Shan The Grand Master Of The Jedi Order: A Star Wars Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=53&v=S_dMnCBcqw4

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    That would be cool, alongside Darth Malgus.

I'd also like to see more KOTOR 2 characters like Atton and Meetra Surik etc.

But to be fair, they have already put a ton of KOTOR toons into the game. Don't get me wrong, I love KOTOR, I just feel a lot of the fan base here on SWGOH that KOTOR toons have kinda taken over and many players are not familiar with KOTOR.

Maybe in a year or 2 they could re-focus back to some KOTOR lovin?
  • Depending on who they introduce in SW9 (if any), we are running on fumes other than generic non canon characters. Prolly why so many reworks, nothing much new to add?
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    I just finished KOTOR 2 a couple days back. Tbh Kreia/Darth Traya is one of the finest teachers ever.

That final scene was sorta emotional ;(
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Depending on who they introduce in SW9 (if any), we are running on fumes other than generic non canon characters. Prolly why so many reworks, nothing much new to add?

There are loads to add - Snoke and his guardas well as Hux and Luke "Jake" Skywalker for starters.

There is also more Rebels and Clone Wars characters to turn to, such as Pre Vizla, Death Watch Mandalorian, Maul, Hondo, Jar Jar, Bail Organa, Ki-Adi Mundi etc etc.

As well as new versions: Jedi Luke, Endor Leia, Rebel Soldier, Imperial Scout Trooper.

Ships could be a focus too, building First Order, Separatist and Resistance fleets.

Then around the corner we have more Clone Wars series coming as well as The Mandalorian - plenty of content for sure.

However, although the game is a bit KOTOR fatigued right now - we can certainly return to this down the road for some additional KOTOR characters for sure.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    But I doubt any of those would be revenue boosters, they just add to the roster and most likely throw it further out of balance. Thinking about it last night I really think they have hit critical mass. Players are even more disenchanted than they were. CG really has a problem, the Disrupt mechanic is burying them in reworks, balance issues etc. I have no idea how they can dig out of the Light/Dark Revan debacle. Not to mention Malak, Padme, etc..
  • But I doubt any of those would be revenue boosters, they just add to the roster and most likely throw it further out of balance. Thinking about it last night I really think they have hit critical mass. Players are even more disenchanted than they were. CG really has a problem, the Disrupt mechanic is burying them in reworks, balance issues etc. I have no idea how they can dig out of the Light/Dark Revan debacle. Not to mention Malak, Padme, etc..

As much of an issue as the grid lock of arena with revan is, it is only a small portion of the game. We also have LS/DS tables that haven't been expanded, GW that could be revamped...again, challenges, ships in general, more ships, if they ever make them better. Then we have the clone era TB that should drop, then a sequel oriented TB is on the holotable. All the characters that nobody uses could be reworked. I was just redoing mods and I have almost 70 characters I don't use at all or have a desire to mod. With updates to those, there has to be a combo to eventually solo the heroic sith raid or a strong counter to revan teams.
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    But I doubt any of those would be revenue boosters, they just add to the roster and most likely throw it further out of balance. Thinking about it last night I really think they have hit critical mass. Players are even more disenchanted than they were. CG really has a problem, the Disrupt mechanic is burying them in reworks, balance issues etc. I have no idea how they can dig out of the Light/Dark Revan debacle. Not to mention Malak, Padme, etc..

As much of an issue as the grid lock of arena with revan is, it is only a small portion of the game. We also have LS/DS tables that haven't been expanded, GW that could be revamped...again, challenges, ships in general, more ships, if they ever make them better. Then we have the clone era TB that should drop, then a sequel oriented TB is on the holotable. All the characters that nobody uses could be reworked. I was just redoing mods and I have almost 70 characters I don't use at all or have a desire to mod. With updates to those, there has to be a combo to eventually solo the heroic sith raid or a strong counter to revan teams.

I agree. Also, please no more KOTOR content.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Reworks are inevitable. Saw this coming long ago. Every toon they put out since the game was launched buries all original toons - there are many of the roster no one uses and this was getting worse and worse with each new release.

Reworks are needed to re-balance the game and we will see plenty of those.

Not to mentions, CG has something up their sleeves, they have to. They have released a magnitude of legendary highly sought after toons basically all at once - they have more to dish out, no question. The wouldn't "waste their ammo" right?

The filler toons I mentioned could help with the re-work of older toons giving new synergies and more options/variety to current teams and synergies.

Lots of places to grow in this game.
  • It just reminds me of climbing a rope ladder and pulling it up with me as I go.
  • DarthKoon wrote: »

There probably wont be for a while. They are going to add in a lot more clone wars content than anything else, as well as maybe some sequel things too, if there is anything else from there. Then they will either go back to kotor or do something else. It just depends, we still got a lot of clone wars content to go through.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Imho, only Bao-Dur and G0-T0 have much to add to the SWGOH universe in terms of uniqueness. Mira and Hanharr may come closest after that. Atton Rand is just a much whinier, less interesting Carth. Brianna and Mical are both weak as characters, existing only to serve as potential love interests in KOTOR.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Ryanwhales wrote: »
    DarthKoon wrote: »

There probably wont be for a while. They are going to add in a lot more clone wars content than anything else, as well as maybe some sequel things too, if there is anything else from there. Then they will either go back to kotor or do something else. It just depends, we still got a lot of clone wars content to go through.

I kinda think that the KotOR releases were a fall back, get something out there during the lull in the movie/ show releases. Solo and LJ were not as popular, so not much interest in characters there. As a gaming community we did ask for Revan, and with the slow period, it makes sense to go back to their game content to draw from.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I will say that it was a missed opportunity not adding Calo Nord as a member of the bounty hunter faction.

He was in the Revan event, so his character has been created, it would be easy to add him in.

Same could be said for the Sith Soldier.
  • Since they had a second pass on KotOR, do you think they would add characters from KotOR 2? The exile would be interesting, I also like Bao and his remote droid.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Calo Nord hands down. Veeeery strange they missed him :/
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Calo Nord hands down. Veeeery strange they missed him :/

Nah. He's a great one to be used later. I feel like he would have been wasted in the mix, much like Visas.

Now he can be brought out sometime in the future for a BH feature or a KOTOR feature as they like.
    He really has more BH synergy than OR though I'd imagine.

This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever