Easiest way to spend 500-600 energy points without refreshes

As a free to play gamer with limited crystal income I try to avoid spending my valuable resources unless I absolutely have to. My guild is pretty laid back and only requires a minimum of 500 points earned per member a day which is easily doable for me. My work schedule sadly has me working evening shifts so I tend to miss out on extra energy points at 6pm unless I turn on my data long enough to grab them and shut down. I sign in regularly to spend whatever energy I have at the moment and make it to the 500 mark before work and save whatever I have left to spend after my shift ends which goes towards the following day's required 500 points spent. But as of lately it seems like I'm barely breaking even being short like 20 or so points to make 500 and I've been following the same routine daily. Are there any tips on what I could do to improve my energy spent points without the need to refresh or do I need to just use crystals to break even?

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Just use your crystals

The game gives you enough free crystals a day that spending 50 shouldn't be much of a problem
  • Dropper
    110 posts Member
    Options
    strange post, manage ur energy is the simplest way, if you struggling to be active while energy builds, then let cantina build up and not spend it untill refresh, you can go to at least 1k is it (somebody check) before free energy stops adding to the counter, then just spend it each day for tickets. we have guild member who saves all energy not normal, for any energy day hits it for about 9k each week
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    can't get 600 daily without buying atleast one refresh every other day, but that requires alot of energy managing. Buying a 50 crystal refresh is worth it imo, even if you've got low crystal income from arenas.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Dropper
    110 posts Member
    Options
    while off topic even from start of guilds in game ive missed 600 twice, once was on purpose :) its not hard to do 600, how someone struggles with 500, has gone so far over my head :)
  • hotdeaths
    152 posts Member
    Options
    change your payout/reset or buy refreshes
  • yohann269
    375 posts Member
    Options
    max energy per day is 540 between regular energy and cantina energy. this includes the free stuff. 1 energy refresh every other day should give you the remaining 60 you need to get 600. If that's your goal.
  • Dropper
    110 posts Member
    Options
    why do you have data turned off?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    It's just math. You earn energy at a rate, and you want to spend a certain amount in a period of a time.

No one can tell you anything that is not already known and fixed.
    hotdeaths wrote: »

This is a decent option if it can work out, but may cost you more than it helps if the POs are not ideal.
    The best advice is just to spend the crystals and do 600. In the long run find a guild where everyone does the same and you will be in a better position.
  • dogwelder79
    1484 posts Member
    Options
    A refresh is only 50 crystals and it will also help you with your farms. It's worth it.
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    hotdeaths wrote: »

This. Look into changing your payout time. There are payout time spreadsheets that make it really easy to see all the payout times before you change it, and you can pick the time that works the best for your schedule. If you rotate work shifts though crystals are going to be your second best option.

How to change it: https://gaming-fans.com/star-wars-goh/swgoh-resources/changing-your-swgoh-payout-time/

Calculator: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/9vqir8/payouttime_zone_calculator_from_crumb/
  • Dropper
    110 posts Member
    Options
    payout times help, use crystals for guild 600 first, then the shiny stuff in store, as without a guild any player is alone in the outer rim :)
  • Dropper
    110 posts Member
    Options
    focus on what you farming, with the gear from store, dont try and farm every toon and every bit of gear, go for a squad and concentrate, till its done, that all can offer, but 500 a day is easy as is 600, even if the bottom of both arenas
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I get the frugality with crystals. It’s much more satisfying to save them up for gear.

Personally, on Sunday after payout I spend 100 on cantina energy, then in the morning spend another 100 on same. Manage your energy use so you hit the next task reset with as close to 144 in each as you can get, then spend all that down (save the 7:00 bonus energy for 7:30). Tuesday you should have no problem getting 600, Wednesday you should be able to if you collected all 6 energy those two days, Thursday you need 50 crystals for energy.

It works well and I don’t spend very many crystals aside from Sunday nights, but that’s when I’m doing the most contribution for my guild and it allows me to speed up a farm a little bit, so it’s not bad.

I tend to miss the 10:00pm payout, at least until daylight saving changes it back to 9:00, which means I need to spend another 50 from time to time. I’d change my payouts, but I’m waiting on the refresh...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    The 3 x50 refreshes are completely worth doing every day if u can afford 150 crystals daily
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    u dont need any crystals to reach 600 a day.
    i could manage it to get the first bonus energy and the one at afternoon - spending that gets u your 600 tickets for the guild
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Larx wrote: »
    i could manage it to get the first bonus energy and the one at afternoon - spending that gets u your 600 tickets for the guild

you're wrong.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • SCCH
    62 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t know how many crystals you earn a day but even with low income from arena you can afford one or a few 50 refresh in yellow energy.

Moreover, farming gear with a 50 refresh is better gem-wise than buying by gems. This is true for gear items like cuffs and pistols (i did the math).

Of course depending on which state of the game you are sitting in you also need tons of energy to farm important characters in hard nodes. So overall doing the 50 refreshes in yellow energy is close to a ‘must do’. I strongly suggest you to spend all the gems you get daily into the three 50 yellow energy refreshes (once you earn more gems it is not reasonable to do the 100 refresh since it is too expensive, unless under exceptional circumstances like a panic farm).

Red and blue energy refreshes are too expensive unless you have a nice gem income from arena. But mod refreshes are extremely important in the long run. Mods are the way to go to increase your income in the long term: meta teams go away, mods are forever. But in order to make this investment you already need a bigger gem income from arena (Around top 200 i think, taking into account that you get gems from gw and daily activities.)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Yes and no, but mostly no. Assuming you get all the refreshes, you only get 540 free energy per day. You can hit 600 no problem by saving a little energy from the day before, but then, basically, you're spending Tuesday's energy on Monday, and on Tuesday instead of having to make up 60 energy from refreshes you're going to have to make up 120 energy.

There are ways to fudge the numbers to give yourself a minimal number of refreshes needed, but without any refreshes you're eventually going to go into energy debt and not be able to make it up if you still want 600 a day for free.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    Options

Do u even math?
  • EdSolo
    412 posts Member
    Options
    If my math is correct you fall just short of 600 in a 24 hour period.

Assume you use all your energy just before your reset time, so you are looking at a full 24 hour period starting at zero energy for both cantina and normal energy. Ship and mod energy are ignored since they do not count towards the 600.

Normal energy: 1 point every 5 minutes or 12/hour for 288 in a 24 hour period (need to spend it after 12 hours since max storage without refreshes is 144)

Cantina energy: 1 point every 12 minutes of 5/hour for 120 in a 24 hour period

Bonus energy: 3 normal energy and 1 cantina energy bonus per 24 hour period. Each bonus is 45 energy for a total of 180 in a 24 hour period

288 + 120 + 180 = 588 so you are 12 energy short for the 600

However, unless you align your guild reset time and your personal reset time to be the same, you will fall a lot shorter your first day in the guild if you don't use refreshes. So if you choose an arbitrary "day 1" where you know you are not going to hit the 500 or 600 mark, you can carry over some energy from your "day 1" and thus hit 600 energy every day without a refresh as long as you don't allow your energy to max out to the 144/144 point. Essentially just use up enough energy before going to bed so your don't hit the max while sleeping. So if you come into the guild reset time with at least 12 energy, you can hit 600 for a 24 hour period if you get all four of your 45 energy bonuses.

• Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    Options
    buying 1 refresh each 2 days lets you do 600 daily
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Dropper
    110 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

you're wrong.

he not wrong at all, i can not remember how and our top guild member left as he was just burnt out, but he was F2P and always the highest in arena and all raids, he explained it too me once but my brain froze :)