Kit Reveal: Shaak Ti

Replies

• TVF
    36523 posts Member
    Could be a marquee, but could be a TB reward or GEC store purchase.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Tbh I’m not shaak-ed that they added her. (See what I just did there...) lol ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • sho
    39 posts Member
    Rework Mace Windu
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Could be a marquee, but could be a TB reward or GEC store purchase.

Come to think of it, could even be a GAC purchase. Didn't they say there would be new currency for it?
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Easy counter team: Finn lead, Poe, Scav Rey, Rose, Holdo. No zetas needed but Reys' will come in handy.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • I’m hoping Marquees are dead. The galactic chase or whatever were more fun
  • Wake me up when and IF Ki-Adi-Mundi ever comes to the game.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    I’m hoping Marquees are dead. The galactic chase or whatever were more fun

I like Marquees more, you'll get the character for sure and don't have to wait multiple events before you can use it. Except you have enough crystals to refresh energy a lot that is.

Galactic Chase is nothing more than money grabbing if you think about it, a 'Marquee advanced' you can say. And i don't see any fun when i use energy for nodes i don't want to use it for but i'm forced because the drop rate is better.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member
    Wake me up when and IF Ki-Adi-Mundi ever comes to the game.

Sounds like someone is begging for the Jawa Discord guy to start a Ki-Adi-Mundi Discord!
  • New toons are great but why must they duplicate another clone lead zeta with extras instead of diversity in the faction.
    Basically unless they rework Cody lead it is now worthless.
  • Charlo999 wrote: »
    New toons are great but why must they duplicate another clone lead zeta with extras instead of diversity in the faction.

Maybe they touch it up too. Would be great as a unique.
  • Charlo999 wrote: »
    New toons are great but why must they duplicate another clone lead zeta with extras instead of diversity in the faction.

You can never have too many leaders in 3v3 GA.
  • As long as it’s not an Old Republic character, it’s great !!
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Darn looks useless under padme but cool to have a clone lead, where's ki adi mundi at!? That a hint saying 'galactic republic Jedi ally'?

I'm not so sure she's useless on a non-Clone team. A full-team cleanse is always good to have, as is an additional assist call. But most importantly, her basic gives Offense Up to all allies regardless of faction. That could come in handy in raids, e.g., as a Pao / Anakin alternative in Chex Mix.
  • Cool to see her implemented in her clone training version rather than her Jedi version although I'd like to see an offensive Jedi version too someday.

Clones could end up working pretty well if they get some tweaks a la troopers.

Debuffing when called to assist (daze, health down etc) and changing 5s lead to a unique would do it.
  • GJO wrote: »
    Rework Mace!!!

...and CUP :)
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    So do we have guesses or know anything about the release method?
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    No_Try wrote: »

No Heroes Journey, only two zetas. Padme has two zetas two, maybe a legendary. Marquee toons only had one zeta if i'm not totally wrong, same too TB characters, and Galactic Chase only had ships for now.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »

I like Marquees more, you'll get the character for sure and don't have to wait multiple events before you can use it. Except you have enough crystals to refresh energy a lot that is.

Galactic Chase is nothing more than money grabbing if you think about it, a 'Marquee advanced' you can say. And i don't see any fun when i use energy for nodes i don't want to use it for but i'm forced because the drop rate is better.

But the drop rate is the same on a per energy basis for all nodes.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

No Heroes Journey, only two zetas. Padme has two zetas two, maybe a legendary. Marquee toons only had one zeta if i'm not totally wrong and Galactic Chase only had ships for now.

If legendary is the case (it makes sense due to 2 zetas as u said) what toons would make sense to be needed for the event?
  • Lazerath
    16 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    ok..its time for commander Wolf. we are overdue for another clone..itd be nice to replace clone seargent with a clone trooper everyone knows. shaak ti is just another jedi , like GK with his clone synergy. Dont get me wrong..shes probably really good, and its always good to have another jedi, even though we got ima gun di and eeth koth before we got ki adi mundi and sessae tinn. barress offee before shaak ti, but I digress lolol
    Give us Commander Wolf. give him a target ally taunt and clone ally health steal or another clone assist. He could be the x factor for a deadly clone sqaud. Give us Wolf! Give us Wolf! Give us Wolf! ; )
  • Kisakee wrote: »

While that is technically true, marquees are rarely really useful at 3*, and I was able to get 5* emperor's shuttle when it first came for like 3k crystals, which is a lot less than a regular marquee costs at 5*

While that is technically true, marquees are rarely really useful at 3*, and I was able to get 5* emperor's shuttle when it first came for like 3k crystals, which is a lot less than a regular marquee costs at 5*

Plus you got all the node drops that 3k bought as well.

And I know the whole “sense of pride and accomplishment” is a joke now, but I really do enjoy it more when I actually feel like I had to something to get it, rather than just collect a free character from Marquee.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

But you have to spend crystals if you want the toon/ship when it first comes around in the Galactic Chase, the free energy will never be enough.

Same answer as above - you do need crystals, no matter what. It all becomes irrelevant in the long run but you have to whale energy when it shows up for the first time. Never seen that on a Marquee where most of the people have the chance to get the toon for free and not only the spenders and hoarders.

No Heroes Journey, only two zetas. Padme has two zetas two, maybe a legendary. Marquee toons only had one zeta if i'm not totally wrong and Galactic Chase only had ships for now.

If legendary is the case (it makes sense due to 2 zetas as u said) what toons would make sense to be needed for the event?

Good question. Separatists were already used for Padme.. I have no idea.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    Fantastic, another toon who makes the whole team attack one target, the innovation in design is incomprehensible and unparalleled.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Good question. Separatists were already used for Padme.. I have no idea.[/quote]

It wouldn't suit their previous leg patterns of opposing faction but maybe GR or Clones would work. That would be beneficial on my end hehe.

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Easy counter team: Finn lead, Poe, Scav Rey, Rose, Holdo. No zetas needed but Reys' will come in handy.

I was thinking if Shaq dropped her mass assist call against traya it would be fun to see the whole teams Health bar instantly go to red one pip

EDIT : I dont' really mean one red pip but would add up lol

EDIT 2 very happy to see clones get relevant (mine SUCK) but now have a reason to g12 rex, fives, Clone Sgt's ships (I felt they were just fine at 11)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

But you have to spend crystals if you want the toon/ship when it first comes around in the Galactic Chase, the free energy will never be enough.

That's not what I was responding to. You said "i don't see any fun when i use energy for nodes i don't want to use it for but i'm forced because the drop rate is better," which doesn't make sense since the drop the drop rate is the same on a per energy basis for all nodes.

Same answer as above - you do need crystals, no matter what. It all becomes irrelevant in the long run but you have to whale energy when it shows up for the first time. Never seen that on a Marquee where most of the people have the chance to get the toon for free and not only the spenders and hoarders.

Good question. Separatists were already used for Padme.. I have no idea.

My buddy was able to get it at 4* without spending any cash though, and that was even before he got to lvl 85. Just place moderately well in arenas for daily crystals and plan a little ahead I guess. 80 shards over 3 days is perfectly doable when it's spread over a whole group of nodes.