Kit Reveal: Shaak Ti

Replies

• Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    No_Try wrote: »
    Kisakee wrote: »
    So do we have guesses or know anything about the release method?

No Heroes Journey, only two zetas. Padme has two zetas two, maybe a legendary. Marquee toons only had one zeta if i'm not totally wrong and Galactic Chase only had ships for now.

If legendary is the case (it makes sense due to 2 zetas as u said) what toons would make sense to be needed for the event?

Clone Wars Chewy, Kit Fisto, Eeth Koth, CUP, Gardian or clones
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Could be a marquee, but could be a TB reward or GEC store purchase.

Come to think of it, could even be a GAC purchase. Didn't they say there would be new currency for it?

A boat is a boat, but a box could be anything, it could be a boat!
  • I feel like she will be a Marquee because last month there was supposed to be a Marquee release but due to Padmé they decided to push the Marquee back
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I love my clones. This will make my clones more fun. I approve.

Now may we please have more clones so I can do two full squads?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

That's not what I was responding to. You said "i don't see any fun when i use energy for nodes i don't want to use it for but i'm forced because the drop rate is better," which doesn't make sense since the drop the drop rate is the same on a per energy basis for all nodes.

My bad. You're right, the chance is the same if you only count it per energy unit used. But would you use 40 energy for 5 times the chance of 32% for shard drops or for 2 times the chance of 80%? If you want the better odds you need to use your energy for hard notes, even if this is crossing your plans.

My buddy was able to get it at 4* without spending any cash though, and that was even before he got to lvl 85. Just place moderately well in arenas for daily crystals and plan a little ahead I guess. 80 shards over 3 days is perfectly doable when it's spread over a whole group of nodes.

It doesn't matter where the crystals are from, of course you can stockpile them before. I just hate that you are forced to use them if you want that toon/ship at that point and that not everyone is able to do the same.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Flugsvamp
    180 posts Member
    This character is almost as blatant for the new TB as Aurra Sing was for P3 in sith raid.

Only time clones were remotely usable was with the insane TW bonuses. Besides that they are utterly useless beside Rex lead
  • Camakin
    102 posts Member

No Heroes Journey, only two zetas. Padme has two zetas two, maybe a legendary. Marquee toons only had one zeta if i'm not totally wrong, same too TB characters, and Galactic Chase only had ships for now.

You’re not totally wrong about Marquees having one zeta but you’re not right either. Darth Nihlus, Bossk, Jango, Mother Talzin*, Ben Solo, Aurra Sing, Embo, and maybe more were Marquee toons and have 2 zetas. A lot have one zeta like Phoenix squadron, Adult Snips, Wicket*, later released Ewoks, and Solo movie toons. Some even have no zetas like FOX so there’s really no rhyme or reason to the zetas on marquee toons. *Talzin and Wicket were released differently than a normal marquee it was like a marquee on steroids
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows them?"--Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • How many kyrotechs does she need? I’m guessing at least 5 or 6.
  • Camakin
    102 posts Member
    How many kyrotechs does she need? I’m guessing at least 5 or 6.

Nothing says lessen the gear crunch like adding another piece of gear available on one 10 energy node only on top of the same amount of carbanti, cuffs, guns and eyeballs every toon has.
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows them?"--Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    How many kyrotechs does she need? I’m guessing at least 5 or 6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBEuNJal8yA
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Camakin wrote: »

No Heroes Journey, only two zetas. Padme has two zetas two, maybe a legendary. Marquee toons only had one zeta if i'm not totally wrong, same too TB characters, and Galactic Chase only had ships for now.

You’re not totally wrong about Marquees having one zeta but you’re not right either. Darth Nihlus, Bossk, Jango, Mother Talzin*, Ben Solo, Aurra Sing, Embo, and maybe more were Marquee toons and have 2 zetas. A lot have one zeta like Phoenix squadron, Adult Snips, Wicket*, later released Ewoks, and Solo movie toons. Some even have no zetas like FOX so there’s really no rhyme or reason to the zetas on marquee toons. *Talzin and Wicket were released differently than a normal marquee it was like a marquee on steroids

Ha, i knew i forgot someone. And somebody mentioned that there was a delayed Marquee toon too so our best bets are Marquee on first place and Legendary on second.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I love the kit and the images

It feels like I’m reliving the clone wars.

One Jedi leader and clones around her, something that GK and JKA leads didn’t properly do and encouraged more Jedi over Clones
  • Perfzilla
    60 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Monel wrote: »
    Could be a marquee, but could be a TB reward or GEC store purchase.

Come to think of it, could even be a GAC purchase. Didn't they say there would be new currency for it?

A boat is a boat, but a box could be anything, it could be a boat!

A boat filled with boxes filled with boats filled with boxes filled with boats filled with boxes...
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Basic: Courageous Strike
    lw2b5kutr4f1.gif
    EyBOOJp.gif
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

Easy there Sparky, how about a rework or two so we can make ONE viable squad? ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Yotommy wrote: »
    SWGOH Community : Mace Windu Rework
    CG : Here's a Jedi that died 20 different times, has synergy with weak Clones and won't be any good in Arena.
    This whining is uncalled for, and the community has been asking for Shaak Ti for literally years.

Just because the thing they're releasing right now is not the one thing you are most interested in does not mean they're doing something wrong. We're still in the Clone Wars cycle, so there are more reworks and characters on the horizon. I sincerely doubt we're getting to Q4 without seeing more clone trooper content.

Also, not every new thing has to be arena oriented.

Also - if it’s a marquee release they have to put stuff out now so we can farm at a later time.

Mace is here. Waiting for his 2nd touch up.

Plus GEODSTB is coming. Not ls

^ Wrongo....they said GEOTB coming and DS first...........
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Perfzilla wrote: »
    EyBOOJp.gif

Prove that CUP is into the dark side!
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

I like Marquees more, you'll get the character for sure and don't have to wait multiple events before you can use it. Except you have enough crystals to refresh energy a lot that is.

Galactic Chase is nothing more than money grabbing if you think about it, a 'Marquee advanced' you can say. And i don't see any fun when i use energy for nodes i don't want to use it for but i'm forced because the drop rate is better.

But the drop rate is the same on a per energy basis for all nodes.

But you have to spend crystals if you want the toon/ship when it first comes around in the Galactic Chase, the free energy will never be enough.

I like Marquees more, you'll get the character for sure and don't have to wait multiple events before you can use it. Except you have enough crystals to refresh energy a lot that is.

Galactic Chase is nothing more than money grabbing if you think about it, a 'Marquee advanced' you can say. And i don't see any fun when i use energy for nodes i don't want to use it for but i'm forced because the drop rate is better.

While that is technically true, marquees are rarely really useful at 3*, and I was able to get 5* emperor's shuttle when it first came for like 3k crystals, which is a lot less than a regular marquee costs at 5*

Same answer as above - you do need crystals, no matter what. It all becomes irrelevant in the long run but you have to whale energy when it shows up for the first time. Never seen that on a Marquee where most of the people have the chance to get the toon for free and not only the spenders and hoarders.

No Heroes Journey, only two zetas. Padme has two zetas two, maybe a legendary. Marquee toons only had one zeta if i'm not totally wrong and Galactic Chase only had ships for now.

If legendary is the case (it makes sense due to 2 zetas as u said) what toons would make sense to be needed for the event?

Good question. Separatists were already used for Padme.. I have no idea.

....clones for hondo

Lol s**t I am lv up clones now.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    I approve of this Shaak-ti kit. Really nice to see my clones getting some sinergy with a Jedi. Now CG just bring Delta Squad and you will make me even more happy. :)
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    She actually looks like a well designed character that is extremely fun to play, and I could see clones being an addition or a rework away from being a top tier team. They are probably a 2nd tier team with this rework, which is good.

But...I see 2 zetas and I basically dismiss her instantly. My zeta backlog just to complete my current teams is too large. I have no interest in putting 2 zetas on a new character that isn’t arena quality. I remain dumbfounded that CG has a bottleneck that encourages me not to spend.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

Easy there Sparky, how about a rework or two so we can make ONE viable squad? ;)

I do a couple million damage in HAAT and consistently clear missions in territory battles. I throw stuff on defense because I hate TWs and my clones are good for a defense or two even without the bonuses. My clones are good for a couple events, too. Most of them are g11, though I think I got Rex to 12.

They’re not meta. But they’re good. Not everything has to be the tippy-topmost arena-breaker team. There’s plenty of room for squads that are just all-round solid performers.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Stragnikrubega
    28 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Блин сначала бы имеющихся персонажей довели до ума. Начали бы с реворка винду. А уже потом бы вводили новых. Как с разработчиками связаться?
  • Cweneldic
    99 posts Member
    edited June 2019

could be a GET store- Hoda and Wampa both have 2 zetas as well, and so does Malak although not sure if that counts since he's not a store character like Hoda and Wampa
    Camakin wrote: »

that's a fair point too. didn't even think about Nihilus lol.
  • A kenobi, but more specific,
    Not sure what to make of this, but hey, its a new character.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Rhydia
    104 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    Yotommy wrote: »
    SWGOH Community : Mace Windu Rework
    CG : Here's a Jedi that died 20 different times, has synergy with weak Clones and won't be any good in Arena.

She died 20 different times?

Well, she had two death scenes that were deleted from Revenge of the Sith, so that is what she is known for

I guess the ROTS writers just couldn't decide how to kill her off

The irony in the fact she was killed by clones.

• Marquee or what?
  • ulich6awdmr1.gif
    FINAL TEXT: Dispel all debuffs on all allies. Call all Clone Trooper allies to assist. If target ally is a Clone Trooper, he gains 100% Turn Meter.

Target ally gains buffs for 3 turns based on their role:
    - Attacker: Stealth and Critical Chance Up
    - Support or Healer: Speed Up and Tenacity Up
    - Tank: Taunt and Critical Hit Immunity

So are we targeting one enemy and one ally and the rest assist or are all assisting allies receiving the buff ?
  • There are no new mechanics.
    There are no convoluted wall-of-text abilities.
    There are no "can't be resisted".
    There are no "can't be evaded".

Excellent design! More of that!
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    This has to be one of the most powerful basics in the game.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg